Radio Times, huh?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225053 by
Radio Times, huh? was created by
Kinda surprised no one's posted this one already: Radio Times article, " Meet the real-life Jedi Knights bringing their religion to the mainstream ".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225054 by
Replied by on topic Radio Times, huh?
Interesting. I don't have any real feelings on it one way or the other. I rather enjoyed Khaos' parts though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #225055 by
amusing how they make it sound like they were the ones to get things going.... :whistle:

Edit: They - As in, Church of Jediism.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225063 by
CoJ the most mainstream group?

Criiiiiiinge

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #225064 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Radio Times, huh?

Kitsu Tails wrote: amusing how they make it sound like they were the ones to get things going.... :whistle:

Edit: They - As in, Church of Jediism.

Now now Kit. There there. Why Br. John is saying things twice he does not know. He really does not know. Unless it's because he's seen that "we invented Jediism" sour owl poo from and about CoJ one time too many. Right, a new religion was born in 2008, even though JediChurch.org goes back to 2002, we (TempleOfTheJediOrder.org) go back to 2005 and TempleOfTheJediForce.org goes back to early 2007. And I'm not including one's that have closed down but were active before then.

Maybe they're going with the notion that if Christians can be born again they can invent something that's already in existence. Well sheet. These are the same people who said you had to always wear a hood in public to keep your mind from escaping your brain so I guess pulling things out of the air come naturally.

Then there's this http://churchofjediism.org ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQpYHystPg4

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225363 by

Goken wrote: Interesting. I don't have any real feelings on it one way or the other. I rather enjoyed Khaos' parts though.

Which person is Khaos?

More
8 years 2 months ago #225391 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Radio Times, huh?
Khaos- Sith

Jedi Sanctuary became a church in 2001.

Force Academy's been around since 1998 (at least, some say '97, I can only confirm '98)

And we know that the community was going a couple of years even before then. So yeah, perhaps the biggest thing in there people can look up is- Michael said 10 years. It's not 2018 yet...

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
8 years 2 months ago #225392 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Radio Times, huh?
Oh, and I should mention that I told Mr. Howard before I sent him to Khaos that we go back as far as the 90s!

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
8 years 2 months ago #225393 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Radio Times, huh?

Alethea Thompson wrote: Oh, and I should mention that I told Mr. Howard before I sent him to Khaos that we go back as far as the 90s!

And with him knowing that he still credits you know who with bringing about the birth of a religion. I say get on Twitter and call him on that. Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225394 by

“Yes, I’ve come across them,” Kurt chuckles when I bring this up. “They’re dead serious about it.

I suppose now I at least have a working knowledge of what amounts to a chuckle for me.