Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Thread of Balance (Last post by PatrickB)
    • I think to be center at times I go far in my mind and for just thinking deep . About simple matters I kind put more links into my tough . witch slows me down in my life . Some times I feel like I became a cough potatoes . Into action of every day life and to focus on regular basis I hope to be responsable enough to be healthy . So with responsibility I focus on reality . That way I don't lose time just thinking to far . The force is strong and there is a lot .
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by CryojenX)
    • I'm having it tough enough just trying to keep motivated to work on the IP through my depression without you needling me for apparently making the wrong choice of book for my world religion essays. So I'm studying a book on Judaism written by a Rabbi and yousee fit to assume that I'll be completely pro-religion bias in all my work and won't say a single negative thing about Daesh or the Crusades. Bravo for you! You know how to make ridiculous leaps of logic that have zero basis in reality! WHOOPDEE DOOO!!
    • Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Last post by tzb)
    • Anyone else playing the new SW mobile game? Turn-based squad vs squad combat, simple but addictive. "Free to play" - caveat emptor. I'm currently ranked top 750 PVP, and I've only been playing for a few days. So I'm guessing there aren't that many of us playing just yet ;) It's good. You should play.
    • The Force as described by a physicist? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Its not relevant to me. its not APPEALING to you it is absolutely RELEVANT to you, as the story of Jonah illustrates, although i admit that my own explanation of it is amateur (which is why i reference academic sources) it is relevant to you but you dont want to see that because THE IDEA THAT IT IS RELEVANT is not appealing to you - which reminds me of a story about a god named osiris who willfully put himself inside of a coffin as a result of the fact that he refused to acknowledge the reality or relevance of something that was right in front of him - the danger that was posed to him by his brother seth, WHO IS UNDERSTOOD AS A MYTHOLOGICAL SYMBOL OF CHAOS so its funny (to me) that a guy who calls himself Khaos would promote willful blindness in a discussion so heavily focused on the themes of mythology in a sense you actually reenact one of the myths whose relevance you deny, BY THE DENIAL OF ITS RELEVANCE lol its kind of poetic actually Quote: As I said, if you need stories to back your moral and ethical dos and donts, fine. i would like to ask you what "backs" your ethical do's and dont's, and where and how you learned those things, and if you seriously think that you just came to those conclusions all by yourself, without the social foundations which were the source of -- well to start with your existence, and everything which that means or imlies, including of course your ethics lol and anyway ive explained that the myths dont "back" ethics, they express the realities of different kinds of human behavior the social patterns exist first, then the myth is developed to articulate the pattern so that civilization doesnt have to keep repeating the same mistakes - or willingly put themselves into coffins lol but i respect that youre not interested in the discussion, which seems to have moved on anyway i wouldnt even have posted this but the bit about seth and chaos was too good to pass up You do know we dont have to agree on this right? Khaos, is a screen name on a forum. I think you have looked deeper into it than I have. As I have repeated a couple of times now, if you need stories to back your moral and ethical do's and don'ts, that's fine. It has no relevance to me, and I have no desire to try convince you otherwise that I dont need, or use them for mine. You ultimately wont believe me anyway. I also see that it is important to you, but I have no desire to challenge nor seek to remove that foundation. I havent that power anyway. This conversation, which has now been largely one sided, as I have repeated my disinterest in it, is going to the road to nowhere fast. Here, lets just make it simpler. Your right, im wrong. Better? Can we move on? Again, its not relevant to me, or appealing, or interesting, no matter how many caps you use. its not important to me that you agree with me, or even recognize the point i make and im not reading anything INTO your screen name - im just reading the name itself and i notice the correlation because its there and its funny "if you need stories to back your ethical do's and donts" is not only a presumptuous, simplistic and dismissive way to refer to my belief structure, but it is also response which implies that your belief structure was developed in some fundamentally different way than my own - and im confident that it wasnt, because we are fundamentally the same thing: human beings and while the end results of these structures may come out quite different across individuals and cultures, the structuring process itself - that process or set of processes which result in the fully formed structures, are essentially the same for the entire species so i think its a totally fair response to your statement about my ethics to ask you "well, how did you develop your own structure of ethical dos and donts?" and this is a fair response no matter how many snide evasions you use to avoid answering lol i think it was the idea of science ending human civilization that drew you in to the discussion with me, and since we arent talking about that now, and since you keep saying you arent interested in the discussion THAT YOU KEEP HAVING, i guess i have to acknowledge (AGAIN) that i also see no reason for you to continue with our conversation, and anyway i see (AGAIN) that the overall discussion itself has evolved so by all means feel free to move along at any time lol and my best wishes to you
    • An Apology (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • It is with heavy heart that I acknowledge that I have not handled my problems the way I was supposed to. I publicly called out Ros about two sermons that were overlooked in the sermon schedule. Though in my mind I believed I was doing the Temple a service by pointing this out for everyone to see, it has been made clear that there were many steps I could have taken before a public shaming was called for. That was an error in judgment on my part. Unfortunately my error in judgment has effected more than myself, but the clergy, the Synod, and Ros. I am also aware that my comments regarding the Synod might have been construed as public criticism and while my intention was not to do so, the outcome still bears a striking resemblance to the same harmful behavior I conducted towards Ros. This apology is primarily for Ros, but also the rest of the clergy for not upholding a certain standard for how problems are handled, and to the Synod who I've embarrassed with my actions as a member of the clergy. If there is anything I can do to make this right, feel free to offer suggestions here or in my PM inbox.
    • Wisdom repeated back to you.. :) (Last post by KageKeeper)
    • Quote: I have a different thing happening. When I was younger, I would reject wisdom out of hand sometimes from older generations. Now, as I have come through the years, I realize that in many ways it is true that youth can be wasted on the young, and that some things, you simply have to live long enough to truly understand or appreciate. I find I am the one now, as a father, a teacher, etc, that repeats the wisdom. This is also so very true. It is such a unique perspective to see our kids doing exactly what we did at their age, including ignoring all advice and wisdom from OUR parents. :D
    • Jedi Bush-trackers... (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: a tip for starting fires without a match.... So far, I have successfully started fire with every "element" (whether Classical or Wu Xing) except water. It's next on my list. My favorite method, however, is the fire piston. [video] omg im a fan but that takes some clear working knowledge.
    • Videos not showing (Last post by Tellahane)
    • Quote: I'm finding since the change to https that I'm not seeing some people's videos, even though it's clear others can see them. This is happening on both my mac and my work pc.. (I use Firefox). It's not going to be cache issues etc because my browser clears it on each closure. Anyone any ideas? On the videos I've seen problems with in the past, videos that were put in before the https change, have a url to the http:// version of the site, and most browsers will block content of non secure stuff when your on a secure page. The fix would be to update the links of videos to their https versions, ie just adding the s will work because youtube has the same secure pages as well. It's just up to going back to those videos and fixing the links in most cases. For example: http: // will not show https: // will show videos added after the change I believe have the correct https automatically, but ones in posts from before hand doesn't, so any videos still at the old links in posts will not show by default via your browsers security, and its settings. some browsers you can kill the security settings and have it show no matter what, but I don't recommend that unless its a browser you don't do anything secure on at all, ie log into your bank or paypal or webmail etc. Just need to go back and fix any video links that are now broken.
    • Live Your Legend (Last post by Goken)
    • Quote: Quote: I learned though, that I needed to be empty to discover what I really wanted to be filled with. Very profound! Can I use this for something I'm writing for the Temple? Absolutely. B)
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by Yabuturtle)
    • Aside from the holes in stories you notice much of the media tries to make everyone who questions the official story nuts. Even Bush himself said "Let us not tolerate any outrageous conspiracy theories, concering the attacks on 9/11" Doesn't this sound strange to anyone? How there's some sort of event that happens, you see some trying to cover it up and try to call anyone nuts who questions them. If what some of them spoke was true, why try to cover it up? With all the racial tension and the whole Muslim hating thing, there's some serious divide and conqeur mentality going on and pretty soon people all over might be fighting each other.
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • the saberstaff...gave it a twirl's a bit heavier than i expected, other than that it works well despite being over 8 feet long...and despite its weight it moves quite fast using the lotus spin (darth maul's twirling technique)...with a bit of practice to remove my rust it'll be quite impressive... [attachment]
    • Fear of Ridicule (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: It is well known among my friends here, and now another circle of friends, ;), that my wife is anti-jedi... She is actually anti religion, like so many, she thinks 'sheeple', and its all fake, and blah, blah... She also suffers from, well, lack of faith, lol... She gets overwhelmed by life, and the pressures of it, and forgets quite often that 'everything will be alright'... I just share the wisdom, I dont share the teachings... How that is different, is that when she is talking, like all facebookers, all negative about the world, a person, or point of view, I remind her that we all march to the beat of a different drum... Not all 'jedi-y' (picture some hand waving here, ;)), but rather just in the 'shoulder shrug, it doesnt upset me' kinda way... After a few years, and enough of that stuff, I have heard some of my little gems come back out of her mouth... We dont discuss my time here... Which is numerous, because it is such a hot topic for her... And, I learned to not say "hold on" when she wants my attention... I may be in a conversation, or mid post in a reply, and will 'lock the screen' (make it go dark, my phone is never locked with a passcode or anything, just takes a swipe to open), and turn my attention to her... While I value my time here, I also value her a bit more... I have invested 17 years in marriage, and 30+ in friendship... She can think I am crazy, or gullible, or whatever... I dont find Bejeweled, or Soda Pop wars, or Sims, or Smurfs, or any of those games she plays as fun, and I have tried, but then I get all philosophical, and the game loses it fun... And, that's cool for her.. At the pinnacle of disagreements, I told her that I do not find those games fun, and I would rather talk about philosophical stuff for my fun... (yea, Im fun at parties, lol)... You can still discuss the ideas, but you have to use other world stories to convey them, such as the refugees, Trump, terrorists, and so on... I hope that helps... Yes that helps , we all have to work around other peoples preconceptions and their view on life, even if we live under the same roof , we still have to go our own path, and in these matters Love is of the most important , it teaches us we can giggle over someones believes without hurting them in a nasty way , and if we do , accidentaly , we can say sorry , i love you , for who you are and move on ! :woohoo:

There are 693 visitors, 15 guests and 72 members online (3  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, Jon, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Lightstrider, Connor L., Wescli Wardest, Garwa Mayharr, Desolous, Reliah, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Timberwolf, PatrickB, Lykeios, Khaos, Omhu Cuspor, KageKeeper, Archon, Kamizu, elizabeth, Edan, tzb, Senan, Jamie Stick, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Dessel761, Slebo, den385, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Competent, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Tellahane, Bareus, Shinken, JLSpinner, Mael, Jack.Troutman, Yabuturtle, MartaLina, standley, ETSubmariner, Ox, Bear Atlas, Fabio, Breeso, CianConan, McNulty, Colonial73, John.R, BionicPianoMan, Maeros, Dante Sheakon, ClemensVII, Kayota Cor, hab, judahrbennett, Airen2814.

Follow Us