Your Story So Far...

More
04 Sep 2019 14:36 #343226 by Tmattos93
Hi, all!

New to the Temple, just started my IP, and I was hoping to hear from other folks that have been here a while what your experience has been with this community. I'm also curious about the progression of those Knights or Masters that have been here a while, what has helped you stay focused and committed, and what keeps you coming back. I'm just curious to learn more about active members in TotJO at the moment.

Thanks, and may the Force be with you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2019 14:55 #343228 by Kelrax Lorcken
Replied by Kelrax Lorcken on topic Your Story So Far...
Greetings and welcome!

My own experience has been largely positive. I've been here about a year and a half. Some might recommend treating the forums like the YouTube comments: best to avoid it, BUT, they're our primary means of communication, so, as you work through your lessons, you will experience something like the real world. That is to say, sometimes you'll need to check yourself, figure out who you actually care to interact with directly, and avoid distractions whenever possible.

There's a great support system here, both among the clergy, the staff, and your peers.

Kelrax "Stormcaller" Lorcken, Jedi Navigator
May The Force Guide You
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Jo...-stormcaller?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Tmattos93

More
04 Sep 2019 15:06 #343230 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Your Story So Far...
Welcome!!!!!

So really I have had a good experience, been exposed to some good reading and thought. I can say I agree but not wholly with Kerlax. There was a day a long long time ago in a server now far away that.......................wait no it's a forum, there is always going to be some friction so sometimes it is best to watch ones's steps. however, I agree that it is in those interactions that give us some good practice on using the skills of deep thought and open mindedness we strive for. We are human though so sometimes it gets a little rough, but at the end of the day these things come and go like everything else. believe me when I say I have been in some tiffs here, and once in a bit I still do. We are human, but if we approach things open minded and discuss things we each other, we all learn. For a long time I did not know why I kept coming back, particularly after a few of the "incedents" or perceptions I had about what was going on.

But more recently, I have come to think I come here because I get to see others thoughts. I tend to enjoy a good conversation. I have opinions of course but would like to hear others, I find myself asking more questions these days. Why, because I am looking for answers, just not the ones every one thinks we should be looking for.

So all this in mind, how did you find your way here? What interests you about this place?

Also, feel free to hit me up with any questions you have I try to be available on relative short notice, I still have to work, sleep ect.....for now......Oh Family time too but I look forward to that these days :)

Much Love, Respect and Peace
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Tmattos93

More
04 Sep 2019 15:15 #343231 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Your Story So Far...
I love my church. It has been good for me. It has been here when I needed it, I have learned from it, and I felt comfortable letting it alone for the periods of time I needed to focus elsewhere.

I am not committed to the programs here, but I enjoy being part of it none-the-less.

Some really great conversations. Some really great writing that has helped me understand the human condition.

Worth whatever time you put into it, I say.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Tmattos93

More
04 Sep 2019 16:21 #343235 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Your Story So Far...
Hi Tmattos 93,

I've been here nearly 4 years, though I had a bout a 12 month hiatus and have only recently returned.

My experiences here have been mostly good.

I grew up in the UK in a house of multiple faiths - Atheist mother, Catholic father and Muslim sister (half sister, her dad is Egyptian).

It was living in a house full of different stories about how the world came to be that made me realise how similar all these stories, and the codes of conduct they teach, actually are. My investigation into these similarities lead me to the works of one Joseph Cambell and in turn, via Google, that lead me to this website.

After digging around to see what this 'Jediism' thing was all about I found that I agreed with a lot of what people were trying to achieve here, and thought that maybe was something I could really subscribe to.

I spent about a year doing the IP and then began an Apprenticeship with Alexandre Orion, which I am still progressing with to this day.

I've also been part of the IP Team, The Welcome Team, and now trying my hand at being a moderator in the open discussions of the site.

There's always something to do/someone to talk to here. I look forward to seeing you around the Temple :)

Welcome Team, IP Team, and Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken, Tmattos93

More
04 Sep 2019 16:31 #343236 by Carlos.Martinez3
For me as a minister and as Pastor , it’s the people. For the three no’s I hear there’s one ‘ yes. For the few who don’t yet understand it’s that one who does today. For me it’s reaching out and having that daily - weekly monthly connection with real people about real things. For me, it’s the bees knees to see some one understand freedoms like the freedom to forgive and let go.., things like that. It warms my heart to still see folks encourage one another still.
What keeps me focused is my return. I have a place when I get to far or to out of balance I can return to and remind my self what’s up with the what’s up. ( it’s a reminder of teachings and vows and ideas I claim as my own ) But basically it’s a boot camp for my character and heart. I re read books and re visit ideas and practices. That’s where I read focus and re fall in love with ideas and my own family. I totally recommend a RETURN!

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Tmattos93

More
04 Sep 2019 16:37 #343237 by Tmattos93
Replied by Tmattos93 on topic Your Story So Far...
What exactly is a "return"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
04 Sep 2019 16:42 #343238 by Tmattos93

Kobos wrote: Welcome!!!!!

So really I have had a good experience, been exposed to some good reading and thought. I can say I agree but not wholly with Kerlax. There was a day a long long time ago in a server now far away that.......................wait no it's a forum, there is always going to be some friction so sometimes it is best to watch ones's steps. however, I agree that it is in those interactions that give us some good practice on using the skills of deep thought and open mindedness we strive for. We are human though so sometimes it gets a little rough, but at the end of the day these things come and go like everything else. believe me when I say I have been in some tiffs here, and once in a bit I still do. We are human, but if we approach things open minded and discuss things we each other, we all learn. For a long time I did not know why I kept coming back, particularly after a few of the "incedents" or perceptions I had about what was going on.

But more recently, I have come to think I come here because I get to see others thoughts. I tend to enjoy a good conversation. I have opinions of course but would like to hear others, I find myself asking more questions these days. Why, because I am looking for answers, just not the ones every one thinks we should be looking for.

So all this in mind, how did you find your way here? What interests you about this place?

Also, feel free to hit me up with any questions you have I try to be available on relative short notice, I still have to work, sleep ect.....for now......Oh Family time too but I look forward to that these days :)

Much Love, Respect and Peace
Kobos

Thank you for the warm welcome! I came here as a fan of the mythology, and as a man in search of spiritual growth. I find the ideals and teachings align with the kind of person I hope to be, and I'm interested to learn more. I want to find ways to put these teachings into practice, to find peace for myself, and to be a guardian of peace to those around me. I have a lot of baggage I tend to carry, and I'm hoping these studies will help me gain some insight, focus, and the means to move forward an become my best self so I can use my time and energy in more productive and beneficial ways.

More
04 Sep 2019 16:50 #343239 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ever had a code or a idea or a song or a thought that reminded you of why you do things? Ever had that moment when you return to your own thought and remind yourself who and what you are? Ever walk by a place outdoors and feel a renewal or a retreat or a spot where it gets refreshed - you - yourself. ? Those moments when you re read scripture or a old text or a old book or idea and say yes ... I remember that. A return can be a place or a state of mind a song it can be anything you choose to go back to your first love. When my 6 year old gets on my last nerve I pull out the first pair of socks he had. Tiny ! I fall in love with him again and a bit more grace is given. A return. Scripture s help remind people often. Good books do that as well.
A return is called a lot of other things and is used by many people around the world. Basically it can be a return to basics moment when we return to our own basics. Aka our practice religion our vows and codes and such. Hope that helps.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken, Tmattos93

More
04 Sep 2019 16:53 #343240 by Tmattos93
That helps a lot, thank you very much! I'll definitely be more attentive to what centers me and can act as my return. I've been working on my mindfulness lately, this will be a good place to self-examine. Thank you again!