Senan

More
26 Nov 2018 19:20 #329666 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Senan
Just before the last "gathering" at our home Senan was telling us over skype that he was unable to make it because he was right in the middle of a round of treatment. The smile on his face as he said "I'll definitely be there for the next one!" will stay with me forever.

Dont put off the important stuff.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Wescli Wardest, Reliah, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Avalon, Silvermane, Goken, Twigga, Uzima Moto, tzb-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2018 06:39 #329722 by JLSpinner
Replied by JLSpinner on topic Senan
I’ve never been one for the spotlight, especially in regards to personal matters. However, Senan deserves better than that. I’m extremely thankful for the opportunity to get to know him. Working with him has been a huge blessing in my life. It’s going to take a while to adjust to the Temple without him.
Senan was, without a doubt, one of the best of us. Even at his worst, he still gave his best, and he would give it to anyone. Anytime I needed anything, I could ask him. If I ever needed to vent, he was there. If I ever needed a friend, he was an expert. His optimism and his drive were unmatched.
Senan was also a warrior. Every morning he would wake up and fight, tooth and nail. He wouldn’t falter, or quit. His spirit was strong and honorable. Even though life gave him more than his share of lemons, he would smile back and keep on kicking ass. Day after day, he kicked ass. Normal men might have grown tired. Normal men might have lost the faith. Not Senan. Never Senan. He carried his weight, and the weight of those he cared for, until his last breath.
The Temple lost a great knight. His friends and family lost a guardian angel.
We all lost a very dear friend.

Teaching Master: Phortis Nespin
Apprentice: Kobos
Apprentice: Nakis
Contact Clergy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Reliah, Proteus, Avalon, Silvermane, Goken, Tarran, thomaswfaulkner, vladucard, Twigga, Kasumi, tzb-

More
27 Nov 2018 22:11 #329766 by Khaos
Replied by Khaos on topic Senan
My condolences to his family and the temple.

Hugs and Kisses.
~Khaos~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Twigga

More
28 Nov 2018 00:33 #329770 by DeboraJ
Replied by DeboraJ on topic Senan
Just sadness...

Deb :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Twigga

More
29 Nov 2018 18:07 #329813 by vladucard
Replied by vladucard on topic Senan
Forgive me if this is not allowed, it looks like Senan's family has made a Go Fund Me to help the family. Here is the link www.gofundme.com/in-memory-of-steve-hay

Please donate if you can. I will be doing so soon and have already shared it via my personal FB.

Mods, if this is not allowed, forgive me, edit as you please.

"Breathe deep....and live it" - Arisaig
Teaching Master: Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Avalon, Tarran, thomaswfaulkner, Twigga, Ambert The Traveller, tzb-

More
29 Nov 2018 18:11 #329815 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Senan
I think its fine Vladucard. Ill be donating as well. Do you think it would be good to put on the memorial page?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
29 Nov 2018 18:16 #329816 by vladucard
Replied by vladucard on topic Senan
Yes, I believe that will be a good idea as well. I'm glad it's ok to share, they need all the help they can get. I remember Senan talking about just how painful the bills were. Anything we can do to help, I know they will appreciate.

Thank you

"Breathe deep....and live it" - Arisaig
Teaching Master: Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: tzb-

More
29 Nov 2018 18:18 #329817 by Rosalyn J
The following user(s) said Thank You: vladucard, Twigga

More
02 Dec 2018 09:03 #329892 by Ambert The Traveller
Replied by Ambert The Traveller on topic Senan
Here goes truly a great knight.

I got to meet Senan only three months ago, but we got to share some deep experiences during a most challenging time.

Thank you Steve for your wisdom, insights and good example. We will miss you here.

--
"None of us will be here in these meat suits forever, me probably the least, but while we are here it is incumbent upon all of us to live. Simply live. Do not try or do or agonize or plan. Simply live. When we can do that, the time is no longer borrowed. It is infinite." (Senan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Reliah, Proteus, Silvermane, Goken, Twigga, tzb-

More
02 Dec 2018 22:27 #329903 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic Senan
It's a very gloomy and rainy morning here, in Nagoya... even more so, now that I wake up to this news. Senan and I practically never directly interacted, other than years ago when I first came here to this Temple. But I had always been helped through my multi-layered depressions in my life by many of the things I'd seen him (and others) write on the "community wall"... it's strange, sometimes - how just when you're almost completely enveloped in Darkness, just as it readies to swallow you whole, a single spark of Light can save you from Doom.

He's affected more lives than he may ever know, I suspect.

My heart goes out to his family - may the Force be with them, always... and with Steve.

May the Force, and its Source, be always with us all <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Twigga, Kasumi, Ambert The Traveller, tzb-