Senan

More
25 Nov 2018 17:38 #329536 by Goken
Replied by Goken on topic Senan
There are so many things that I could say about Senan. He was an inspiration on so many levels.

When tzb first took me on as an apprentice Senan was already an apprentice with him. That confused me somewhat because in my dealings with Senan I had just assumed that he was already a Knight and had probably trained a few Jedi of his own. He radiated wisdom even digitally.

He was a simply amazing person. In the last year I've made some less than happy posts in my own journal and Senan always reached out to me to offer his assistance and to let me know that he was there for me. Even if that same day he had posted about a health setback of his.

I will miss him greatly.

Per fraternitate consurgamus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Tarran, Arisaig, Twigga, tzb-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2018 17:40 #329537 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Senan
Temple lost someone special. He was loved. Prayers for his family. Very sad to hear this.

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Tarran, Arisaig, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 18:09 #329541 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Senan
Thank you for letting us know, tzb

He will be missed.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Arisaig, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 18:38 #329543 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Senan
I woke up today to the news about Senan. I'm still processing it and probably will be for the entirety of the day.

If there was anybody at this temple who knew and demonstrated the awareness and importance of their mortality through the insistence of having people get along and appreciate one another unconditional of their differences, their disagreements, and their contributions, it was Senan. He was one of the people I personally looked up to regarding what actual authenticity and respectfulness of character looked like to me. Much of the time, I also felt he was underappreciated. He wasn't here to put on a show of ego of any kind about how Jedi he was, and it was clear in his contributions, in his words, and in the points that he made without making it be about him, that he cared about all of us genuinely, more than he cared about a title or rank or about winning a debate. He was a fine councilor, a wonderful Knight, a great Jedi, but probably the most important and most difficult thing to be, which drove any of that in the first place - he was a decent human being.

I hope we can honor his life here, not just with a service, but by honestly considering many of the very important things he had taken his time to express to us in his time of fragility. I think it's important to realise that his knowing just how finite his time with us was what informed him of what was truly important, which is what was brought out in his messages to us. So I think those messages are ones we should all take to heart, and keep with us, and appreciate through considering them day to day, just as we would many others who share important things with us whom we care about. I'd like to think Senan would appreciate that, if anything.

Thank you for your time with us Senan. This temple is better for that time you gave it, and it is time that I will never forget.

It seems that I know that I know.
What I would like to see is the 'I' that knows me when I know that I know that I know.
- Alan Watts

More
25 Nov 2018 19:38 #329546 by Silvermane
Replied by Silvermane on topic Senan
I'm reading this and at first all I could do was just stare at the screen and ask "WTF?!". I lost a very good friend and mentor back in January to the same battle with cancer. I think he and Senan would have been the greatest of friends. They thought very much alike and held their ground on many of the same principles, which lead to many interesting conversations. Like many others, Senan and I did not always see eye to eye but there was a level of mutual respect that is often hard to find in this day and age. If push came to shove, he always had my back and I his. He was a great man and now he is one with the Force as he always wanted to be.

MTFBWY all.

Rand Silvermane

Apprentice - Seminarian
Former Training Masters: Arcade and Alexandre
Training Master: Rosalyn J
”I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human.” — Qui Gon Jinn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Arisaig, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 19:51 #329547 by Adhara
Replied by Adhara on topic Senan
I had the great pleasure to get to know Senan through our work on the council. i found his views refreshing, his motives pure and his heart in the right place. He served this community in more than one way and I am grateful that he enriched many of us.
I wish you a save journey back to the Force and may the Force be with his family in this tough time.

Jedi Knight of TOTJO, A.Div

Master: Senior Knight RyuJin
Apprentice: Trose, BeBe

'Impossible' is a word that humans use far too often. -Seven of Nine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Silvermane, Arisaig, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 20:24 #329548 by vladucard
Replied by vladucard on topic Senan
I am beyond words at what I read when I woke up today. Senan and I last spoke on November 15th very briefly. I reached out because we had both been quiet on our own ends. He had explained that his health wasn't the best but that he was still trekking on. Like always, he took the time to ask how I was doing and how my family was doing. He was always very thoughtful and dedicated to our apprenticeship to the point that he made sure my personal life was ok. He was also very patient as he knew I had to slow my apprenticeship down due to some personal stuff regarding my family and such. He always told me to take my time and that he would always be ready to see my works when I loaded them. Always, very loving, caring, and supportive, the best Master anyone could have ever asked for.

The man we lost was very kind, very committed. Even when he should have been worrying about himself, he worried for others. Even while undergoing his therapies and other procedures, he never stopped coming to the Temple and fighting, trying to make things right and keeping us informed of the happenings. He was a shining light in this Temple, this will never change. That, to me, is a true Jedi Knight. I am still beyond words.

My commitment to our dear friend will never waiver and I will continue the lessons he has left me until they are done. I will do my absolute best to be the Knight that Steve knew I could be. I will not be lost without his guidance because I know that he's with me, with us, every step of the way. In a very big way, he has helped shaped the person I am today and for that, I am very grateful. I will forever be his apprentice, alongside my brother Thomas (whom Senan helped shape to be a fantastic Knight and an even more amazing person) and our extended Temple family.

Peace be with his family and friends, and, lastly, peace be with us on this time of mourning. We love and miss you, Knight Senan.

You are now one with the Force.

"Breathe deep....and live it" - Arisaig
Teaching Master: Senan

More
25 Nov 2018 20:25 #329549 by Winrah76
Replied by Winrah76 on topic Senan
((Bowing))

Farewell, Sir Senan, where ever you may fare.
Thank you for everything,,,

I'll see you soon...

Love is our greatest weapon, Hope, our dearest friend, Life is filled with trial, but, Freedom is found within.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Silvermane, Carlos.Martinez3, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 22:45 #329560 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Senan
We are deeply sorry to have learnt of this sad news.

Steve was indeed a grand Jedi ; a just man with a keen sense of fairness.

Our most sincère condoléances to his family, to his extended family and to all everywhere who knew him and loved him.

His presence shall be missed, and yet still felt.

Akkarin & Alexandre

"Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme."
~ Henri Bergson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Silvermane, Carlos.Martinez3, Tarran, Loudzoo, Twigga, tzb-

More
26 Nov 2018 01:26 #329565 by Firewolf
Replied by Firewolf on topic Senan
I am incredibly saddened by this news. He was a good man and I will miss him. may he rest in peace

Former Master Caedus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Tarran, Loudzoo, Twigga, tzb-