Senan

More
25 Nov 2018 16:21 #329525 by tzb-
Senan was created by tzb-
It is with profound sadness I must announce the passing of my Apprentice, Knight and Councillor Senan, around this time last week.

Senan is probably better known to most of you than I am. I have little detail besides what can be read here or here to share about his final months. It is some achievement that he wrote so powerfully for so long about his battle with cancer.

Senan was one of the greatest Jedi I ever encountered. More than that he was my brother. I am honoured to have walked beside him for as long as I did.

Brother, may the Force be with you, and may you be with us in the Force, always.

Per fraternitate consurgamus | Forest Jedi
'If your cause is noble and you fight with honor, you will be victorious in life and in death.' - Senan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2018 16:25 #329526 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Senan
I hope his passing was without much suffering. He and I had some good chats and I learned a lot from him. His passing will most certainly be felt. May he be at peace with the Force.

Licensed Clergy Person
Outreach Team
Master: JLSpinner
Come visit my garden !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Cyan Sarden, mkendall, Twigga, Uzima Moto, tzb-

• Arisaig
25 Nov 2018 16:25 #329527 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic Senan
I know him and I didn't see eye to eye on many issues...but he was indeed an excellent Knight that gave so much and was thanked so little. He always did his best to protect and serve this place, and I think everyone can agree he was an ideal Jedi in many regards.

Guess you never really know what you have till its gone, eh?

Prayers to his families and his friends during this time.

More
25 Nov 2018 16:30 #329528 by Twigga
Replied by Twigga on topic Senan
Tzb, do you know if his wife would be open to receiving cards?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Arisaig, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 16:32 #329529 by tzb-
Replied by tzb- on topic Senan
I don't, and wouldn't like to assume. I suggest we pay our respects here, and if she is interested in what he meant to this community, she will be able to see (this thread is publicly visible).

Per fraternitate consurgamus | Forest Jedi
'If your cause is noble and you fight with honor, you will be victorious in life and in death.' - Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Arisaig, Twigga

More
25 Nov 2018 16:35 #329531 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Senan
Senan was an amazing person, and this news saddens me greatly. My best to his friends and family, and my sincerest hope that whatever comes next is just as he'd want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Avalon, Tarran, mkendall, Arisaig, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 16:49 #329532 by Zephyrus
Replied by Zephyrus on topic Senan
He died way too young. One of our best. May he be with the Force forever.

The Black Wizard ~ Rainbow Chaos Magick ~ Thelemite
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, mkendall, Twigga, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 16:52 - 25 Nov 2018 17:23 #329533 by ReallyRiver
Replied by ReallyRiver on topic Senan
When I first joined the Temple I had recently been diagnosed with cancer. Senan was a huge help to me in learning to live with that, both through talking with me and as an example.

I know he has peace; I wish the same for all the people whose lives I know he's touched
Last edit: 25 Nov 2018 17:23 by ReallyRiver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Rosalyn J, Arisaig, Twigga, Uzima Moto, Kasumi, tzb-

More
25 Nov 2018 16:56 - 25 Nov 2018 21:43 #329534 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Senan
Dear Friends,

This is a time of great mourning for each of us because Senan’s presence touched us without respect of person. He was kind, fair, humble and a model Jedi. We will all miss him deeply.

Senan’s battle with cancer was a wonder to watch through the journal he kept “Senan’s Health Journey”. Through this trial we saw hope, resolve and a commitment to the Jedi way and in that we were inspired to be better Jedi.

He had a quiet and sure way of leading. The impact he had on us as a Teaching Master, Knight, Security Officer and Councillor is one that cannot be matched and one that will be sorely missed, but the lessons he taught us as a friend, even in times of struggle, are one’s we will remember and return to.

I won’t pretend to know what Senan might say to you all on this day of great sadness, so I am drawing from his wisdom through his sermons:

“... it is important to have faith in something. Even if it is only in our fellow human beings, we need to include faith in our lives. It provides meaning and context to a life that would otherwise be random and chaotic.”
-”No, But I Have a Good Idea”, 28 March 2018

“Be your genuine self! Allow others to be themselves as well. Do not despair when others do not act the way you would have them act. Rejoice in the fact that they are a part of your Path, but also able to experience their own.”
-”On Being Genuine,” 14 February 2018

“It is incumbent upon us, those who walk the path of a Jedi, to always observe the connection we have with all things. We are instruments of peace and we serve others, not because we are rewarded with strokes to our egos, but because it makes the universe a more harmonious place.”
-”Ego Yet Humility Senan Concept” 31 May 2017

“I encourage everyone willing to listen, make the sacrifices you must, but find and follow your bliss. Seek it with your whole heart. Help others to find theirs as well. Do not be afraid. Do not waste another moment asking yourself if the sacrifice is worth it. Follow your bliss. We will all be better for it, and always remember, the Force is with us.”
-”Thoughts on Sacrifice and Bliss,” 14 January 2017

May the Force Be With You All
Rosalyn J
Last edit: 25 Nov 2018 21:43 by Rosalyn J.

More
25 Nov 2018 17:11 #329535 by Twigga
Replied by Twigga on topic Senan
Senan set a beautiful example for me on how to be fully alive and chronically sick :laugh: He had every right to maintain his privacy with regards to his illness, but he had the courage to share. That was something I really needed to see. His courage in doing that left me in awe. It helped me to open up about my experiences with my partner and family. It has taken a whole temple of Jedi to do that too; but his example was a really grace filled one.

Thank you Steve. I can only hope to pay you back by spreading what I can of your example in my own way. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, mkendall, Arisaig, ReallyRiver, tzb-