Temple History - Lineage

More
04 Mar 2018 13:24 #317367 by steamboat28
steamboat28 created the topic: Temple History - Lineage
I have a few questions I'm hoping longstanding members can answer.
  1. Who were the first training masters at the very beginning of the Temple?
  2. Who were their apprentices?
  3. How many of them are still active at the Temple?

I'm running into fuzzy information in the heritage charts and want to make sure I have this info correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2018 13:55 #317373 by Akkarin
Akkarin replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage
Not sure there's anything more I can add beyond the heritage chart which you've already seen. It was a long time ago.

Who's active? Only John and Neaj, though I'm not always consistently present in the Temple to notice if others drop by occassionally.

Early teachers I remember: John, Neaj, Mark, Jasper, Zanthan,Jon (who's not on the tree - he was German and on the Council for a while then started Temple of the Sith and was asked to step down - Tiamat was also a member of TotS as well I think) Dan, Saurus, Damion (maybe)

"If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it except for one man, but the tree falls on that man and kills him, does the man dying make a sound?" - Jon Lajoie

Apprentice: Desolous , Xaii
Master: Br. John
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
05 Mar 2018 11:39 #317494 by Karn
Karn replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage
I started my studies here about nine years ago, was a lurker before that. I was an Initiate along with Mark, Damion, Ryukin and Jestor. They were the big four, that I remember, were Knighted while I was an Initiate. They seemed to be the "New Knights" that breathed new life into the Temple. it was getting very quiet on the Knight front.

The only other Knights that Akkarin did not mention that were active back then were Kana Seiko Haruki and War Beauty. Knight activity was very low and you rarely saw or heard from Knights.

Knight of Jediism
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Arisaig, Twigga

More
16 May 2018 06:15 - 16 May 2018 06:17 #321700 by ren
ren replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage
Kana was mostly inactive when Jestor and Damion were knighted (I could be wrong but I think he was going blind from severe diabetes?). I don't think I've ever seen much of tiamat, she kind of abandoned mark, who became de-facto pagan rite leader and took over clergy as well because there just wasn't anyone else doing much (at that time). All the live services and ceremonies usually only had Mark and I as "senior" members when we started. Damion was always very quiet, as was Jasper (his and jestor's master), but busy nonetheless.

Jon (who's not on the tree - he was German and on the Council for a while then started Temple of the Sith and was asked to step down

Hans (Jon) was doing the fifth rite first, but most importantly kept on changing his mind and was constantly on and off. The last time he left again it was merely decided he wouldn't be let in again, especially in light of some disturbing comments he made on a website that was neither his nor ours. I think he part-taught zenchi. (red heron is excommunicated)

Perris was a member early on who left and came back later during the totjo golden age, and whose membership record was very odd (invalid oath, joke application -- and that was reviewed after her long absence by Jestor, quite a gap.) She claimed to be a charter member as well so I don't know how exactly Dan was her master. She was apparently a GM as well as a kid...

There was a lot of turmoil in the jedi community in late '06 until '09. it's not surprising people werent sticking around.

"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."

DAT SIG THO
Last Edit: 16 May 2018 06:17 by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karn, Alexandre Orion, Twigga

More
16 May 2018 06:59 #321701 by Serenity
Serenity replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage
I find these Temple History lessons very amusing , so on point , so very well fact checked , so lacking personal interpretations ... *cynical mode off*

The following user(s) said Thank You: Karn

More
16 May 2018 15:42 #321709 by Senan
Senan replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage

Serenity wrote: I find these Temple History lessons very amusing , so on point , so very well fact checked , so lacking personal interpretations ... *cynical mode off*

People are making an effort to answer a question posed by someone trying to confirm the accuracy of our heritage chart. Of course everyone will remember things differently and interpret them in a personal way, but collecting these recollections will help us build the bigger picture. If you have something on point and fact checked to contribute, that would be great. Otherwise, sarcastic or cynical responses aren't very helpful.

per fraternitate consurgamus
Knight | Councillor | Security Officer
Apprentices: vladucard , ThomasFaulkner , Kyrin Wyldstar
Knight Journal | Seminary Journal | Senan's Health Journey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twigga

More
17 May 2018 17:13 #321745 by ren
ren replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage

Serenity wrote: I find these Temple History lessons very amusing , so on point , so very well fact checked , so lacking personal interpretations ... *cynical mode off*

The best those of us who witnessed it can do is try to remember before it all completely fades away.

"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."

DAT SIG THO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity

More
17 May 2018 18:53 - 17 May 2018 18:54 #321746 by Zenchi
Zenchi replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage
It was my understanding Tiamat (Becky) and War Beauty (Perris) were trained under Jon, but that is hearsay so I can't verify it's accuracy. I was under Jon's tutelage during my time at the totso until he decided to join the S.A...

If he's not on the tree he needs to be, regardless where he ended up...

"My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life" ~ Sturm Brightblade

“Hypocrisy is the audacity to preach integrity from a den of corruption.”
-Wes Fesler

Apprentices: Arisaig Avalon
TM- RyuJin

I am not the Librarian, but if you need help with the Library, pm me...
Last Edit: 17 May 2018 18:54 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karn, Serenity

More
18 May 2018 04:31 #321757 by Neaj Pa Bol
Neaj Pa Bol replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage

ren wrote: Kana was mostly inactive when Jestor and Damion were knighted (I could be wrong but I think he was going blind from severe diabetes?). I don't think I've ever seen much of tiamat, she kind of abandoned mark, who became de-facto pagan rite leader and took over clergy as well because there just wasn't anyone else doing much (at that time). All the live services and ceremonies usually only had Mark and I as "senior" members when we started. Damion was always very quiet, as was Jasper (his and jestor's master), but busy nonetheless.

Jon (who's not on the tree - he was German and on the Council for a while then started Temple of the Sith and was asked to step down

Hans (Jon) was doing the fifth rite first, but most importantly kept on changing his mind and was constantly on and off. The last time he left again it was merely decided he wouldn't be let in again, especially in light of some disturbing comments he made on a website that was neither his nor ours. I think he part-taught zenchi. (red heron is excommunicated)

Perris was a member early on who left and came back later during the totjo golden age, and whose membership record was very odd (invalid oath, joke application -- and that was reviewed after her long absence by Jestor, quite a gap.) She claimed to be a charter member as well so I don't know how exactly Dan was her master. She was apparently a GM as well as a kid...

There was a lot of turmoil in the jedi community in late '06 until '09. it's not surprising people werent sticking around.

Perris was not a Charter member, she joined a few years after the Corporation and Church was formed...

Participated in the making of the book, "The Jedi Compass" with 2 articles
Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol (Rev. Patricia J. Bolcerek, D.D., O.C.P., O.S.M.)
Charter Member Since: December 23, 2005
Matriarch of the Order & Grand Master, SA & Bishop Abrahamic SIG

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ― Benjamin Franklin

“Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me.... ― Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karn

More
18 May 2018 05:20 #321761 by Serenity
Serenity replied the topic: Temple History - Lineage

ren wrote:

The best those of us who witnessed it can do is try to remember before it all completely fades away.

That is a fair point Ren, let it out first organize later ;)