Jedi Knight

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304640 by
Jedi Knight was created by
I am New to the TOTJO and i was wondering how dose one become a Jedi knight in eyes of the community? Do it have to acquire a master or is this something i can do on my own?
-Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #304641 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Jedi Knight

BadCompany522 wrote: I am New to the TOTJO and i was wondering how dose one become a Jedi knight in eyes of the community? Do it have to acquire a master or is this something i can do on my own?
-Thank you

The Order is not in the business of telling anyone they're not a Jedi, or a Knight, or a Master. We award a degree. That degree combined with other factors can lead to the recognition of Knight.

If you decide to not follow a formal program such as ours, you'll still gain much benefit from being a member and interacting with others from all over the world.

This is a short answer. I hope you'll hear from others on this. And not just from the knights and members here but also from Jedi in other organizations.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304642 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Knight
Greeting and welcome!

Firstly, I'd start with the FAQ , which shows how to go about this place, what we do, basic questions.

Then, the first thing towards Knighthood is the Initiate Programme . You can make a journal and post your responses to the lessons there. Don't rush through it, Knighthood is a title that takes time to earn. ;P

After the IP, you can be taken by a teaching master as their apprentice. But first thing first, do your best on the IP. ;P

If you have any other questions after reading the FAQ, feel free to ask! And may the Force continue to guide you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304643 by
You would need to go through the IP . After that you can do an apprenticeship with a Knight. Once the apprenticeship is complete you are promoted to Knight. The FAQ has more information.

Sorry for the repeated info, it looks like I was a little slow with this one lol.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304648 by

Br. John wrote:

BadCompany522 wrote: I am New to the TOTJO and i was wondering how dose one become a Jedi knight in eyes of the community? Do it have to acquire a master or is this something i can do on my own?
-Thank you

The Order is not in the business of telling anyone they're not a Jedi, or a Knight, or a Master. We award a degree. That degree combined with other factors can lead to the recognition of Knight.

If you decide to not follow a formal program such as ours, you'll still gain much benefit from being a member and interacting with others from all over the world.

This is a short answer. I hope you'll hear from others on this. And not just from the knights and members here but also from Jedi in other organizations.

Give me a few days and i can make a full list of people here who said I am not a jedi!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304654 by

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Br. John wrote:

-Thank you

Give me a few days and i can make a full list of people here who said I am not a jedi!

"The Order is not in the business of telling anyone they're not a Jedi, or a Knight, or a Master." What individuals do or say is up to them.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

More
6 years 5 months ago #304655 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Jedi Knight

-Thank you

You as a human can do anything you like , call your self anything you like even invent labels and ways on your own. If you like to be included in THIS order this Temple we do ask a few things or requirements. Check the FAQ page for the IP the initiates program this place has. That , for here , in this Order is the begining to becoming a Jedi knight here on this web site we call the Temple of the Jedi order . Does that seem clear ? I hope so . Any questions my in box is open feel free to send me a pm ! My the force be with you .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 5 months ago #304656 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Jedi Knight

-Thank you

The Community is large and composed of several different sites, orders and the like. To be a Jedi Knight here you need first to complete the IP: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/initiateprogramme

Once complete, your IP will be reviewed by some Knights here and you will gain the rank Initiate (there is a minimum of 60 days from registration to being granted the title of Initiate)

Then you need to have an apprenticeship which can take a variable length of time ( but no less than six months), and once your teaching master decides you are ready for the trials they will put your name forward to Council.

Council will deliberate on your readiness and if you pass there will be a ceremony in Chat to bestow Knighthood

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 5 months ago #304658 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi Knight
There is no community wide standard for either the definition of Jedi, nor a Jedi Knight (among other things).

Such that the eyes of the community are not of anything called community - buts its members which constitute it. And so each member of the community will have their own opinions what makes a person a 'good' Jedi, a Jedi a Jedi Knight, and a Jedi Knight a better Jedi Knight, or Master etc etc. But most if not all groups within that community have guidelines to recognize someone as a Knight of that group, to define that groups focus area and indicate some designate application of that. TotJO has its defined in the FAQ last time I looked.

Should it change? If one were to set their bar above all other expectations but focus on where progress is realistic without being distracted by false expectations, it retains solid anchors in the opportunity the imminent reality might provide, and then that to me is very Jedi. But specific striation of that effort into ranks, probably has the most import when caged within individual parameters - so it means the most to oneself ie a conservative process of growth and capability which can more effectively adjust under pressure ie ie depth. And if it can 'include' community group systems of designation as well, then that does not hurt that process, but I'd caution against using those community groups to define oneself as a Knight (beyond how its being used by those groups) as that would seem to me to be a limitation more then anything. In other words, as a way to view the world 'what would a Jedi Knight do' and then its up to you whether to refine your view and effort to meet it as a continuous expression as identity - because no-one else can.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135