Temple Meme Team

More
23 Oct 2017 07:29 #304559 by Atticus
Atticus replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
Not as happy with this one.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, jzen, MadHatter, Arisaig, MarVinKra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2017 07:45 #304560 by Twigga
Twigga replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
I like the thing Atticus! It reminds me a bit of a long scroll... I wonder how many Facebook browsing people actually would read the words of the teachings though? I think it may be why you gave them one-word titles - I know I've done the same in my head, and I imagine others here will have done so as well... but I also think the one-word headings will be different for different people, as they draw alternate points from the teachings as being significant to them (mine are different from yours); and, for me, that does not speak clearly of unity within the temple as the doctrine (possibly) should. So unless these heading words are somehow agreed upon somewhere and I missed it (only been here a couple of months after all) we could end up with a situation where the best artist gets to choose the subheadings for the teachings...
... that's one way to do it I suppose!

More
23 Oct 2017 15:53 - 23 Oct 2017 16:13 #304593 by Atticus
Atticus replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
That's a fair point, and one that I considered a great deal as I was putting this together. Ultimately, it was less about people not reading the text than it was simply a visual choice. It wouldn't be a big deal to change the headings if need be -- although I think that getting a Temple-wide consensus on what they should be is much easier said than done. ;)

EDIT: Ah, easier fix than I thought:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Attachments:
Last Edit: 23 Oct 2017 16:13 by Atticus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig, Twigga

More
23 Oct 2017 16:07 #304595 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
I really liked it, but I do agree its long. But perhaps that is what's needed. People like nicely laid out knowledge... perhaps this infographic is what's needed to start clearing up some misconceptions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Force speaks to us all, always. It takes a quiet mind to hear it, and a willing mind to listen.

Teaching Master: Knight Zenchi
Holocrons ~ IP I AP I Personal ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Twigga

More
24 Oct 2017 07:57 - 24 Oct 2017 08:10 #304672 by Twigga
Twigga replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
Ha ha - yes, this second version is almost completely conflict free... we could remove the teaching themselves too if we want to be REALLY sure :pinch:

Jokes aside, I think it's great, and second Arisaig's comment that a nice infographic could be very helpful. Thanks for this Atticus :)
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2017 08:10 by Twigga. Reason: The internet is a tricky place for conveying intent... Second sentence should reduce misunderstanding!

More
24 Oct 2017 13:30 #304680 by Rosalyn J
Rosalyn J replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
I will literally take this somewhere, blow it up and put it on my wall

Master: Grand Master Mark Ajuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus, JLSpinner

More
24 Oct 2017 13:51 #304681 by JLSpinner
JLSpinner replied the topic: Temple Meme Team
Attachments:

Moderators: SenanJLSpinner