TOTJO Heritage

More
01 Mar 2018 02:02 #316993 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TOTJO Heritage
Update: working on a not-as-fancy, up-to-date version in the same program for my personal use. Will share if anyone wants it when it's finished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Atticus, Rex, Arisaig, Twigga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2018 13:56 #317279 by Dano Ori
Replied by Dano Ori on topic TOTJO Heritage
Yeah, sorry everyone. I'm chasing promotion at work so my free time is limited and I've let the chart get a bit out of date.

I think I can send a link for an editable version (or at least a downloadable version) if you want Steam. If you can figure out how to make it something a few people can collaborate on that would be best.

Like you, I hoped for a document or a register of promotions that I could use as source material, but it seems TotJO wasn't always the best at record keeping in the early days and what we've got (well, what's accessible to me) is just the forum posts.

All respect is earned; especially self-respect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
03 Mar 2018 13:59 #317282 by Dano Ori

Atticus wrote: Hmmm, the map doesn't deal well with the issue of multiple TMs.

Where I could identify previous TMs I've included the dates in the notes for each person. I took a minimalist approach when plotting the tree to avoid it looking like a plate of spaghetti and thus each person is (should be) under the most recent TM.

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Atticus

More
03 Mar 2018 14:57 #317285 by steamboat28
Finding proper software (and the earliest records) are the hardest parts of this project, imo. I don't know how you made our avvies show in the downloadable version I saw, but mine is much more simple than that. :/

At one time, I found web-based software that was updatable on the fly and was perfect for this, but it was like $600, and now I can't find it anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dano Ori

More
04 Mar 2018 08:08 #317358 by Dano Ori
There were much better (read: expensive) alternatives to the software I ended up using. In particular there are a number of project management solutions that would seamlessly allow multiple users to contribute concurrently. If I could justify the cost for other areas of my personal/professional life I'd be willing to make them available, but sadly I can't.

The avatars were painstakingly copied from the forums and attached to each record individually. Which will be why some of them are no longer current.

Honestly, as much as I love the graphic nature of a heritage chart, I'd be happy to just have a chronological register of names, dates and TMs for each rank. It would be much easier to update.

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Atticus, Rex

More
04 Mar 2018 13:05 #317364 by steamboat28
My plan is to have both. The "Outline" feature of the software you used gives me a nice place to start the second option; a top-down chart with a list of names, training masters, and dates. After that, I can share both with the Temple, hopefully they can work the information into something to be prominently displayed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dano Ori

More
05 Mar 2018 05:03 #317481 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic TOTJO Heritage
There seems to be some free Javascript organisational charts around. GetOrgChart looks interesting and free to non-commercial use by the looks of it....
www.getorgchart.com/

File Attachment:
Jedi Knight ~ Seminarian
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
'The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
05 Mar 2018 14:17 #317507 by steamboat28
This is virtually identical to the one I was trying talking about in an earlier post! Thank you!

More
20 Nov 2018 17:57 #329395 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic TOTJO Heritage
*deep breath*

I've kept this updated for quite a while, but finally went about with some major updates I've been wanting to do for a while.

Making room. XD Dang thing was so cramped. So I've moved things about, spaced them out, and made connections and changed placement of a lot of things.

Please go through it and ensure everything is still correct and up to date. :D

Hoping to watch it grow in the near future!

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16MZaDS6K.../edit#gid=1228352436

Non nocere, sed ut nullum cacas.
Panentheist Jedi Realist
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal ~
TM: Zenchi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo, Kobos, Rex, tzb-

More
11 Jan 2019 19:44 - 11 Jan 2019 19:49 #332277 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic TOTJO Heritage
Some further work on updating the ranks of the Heritage Tree .

Mostly went through some of the upper echelon of ranks (masters and whatnot) to see who still held the rank. Many were listed on this list previously as masters, but have long not held even an account here. XD So, updated. ;p (bonus points for those that can spy the one move up to master! ;p)

Also added Reacher and Kasumi's apprenticeship.

Lets watch this forest continue to thrive. :)

Non nocere, sed ut nullum cacas.
Panentheist Jedi Realist
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal ~
TM: Zenchi
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 19:49 by Arisaig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo, Kobos, Rex, Jhannuzs Ian, Twigga, For-Emris