Question: Policy on requests for information on suspensions

More
11 Feb 2019 18:23 #334027 by Kyrin Wyldstar
I agree with you 100 percent Kobos. The forums should be about freedom and low censorship. And I am not complaining here that I was unfairly treated. The reasons for my questions here were in an attempt to improve a system for all of us. That was my only goal in this discussion.

This place is a community and it has rules and those rules need to be followed. But it also should not be a dictatorship where the word gestapo gets to abuse the membership as they please. That is the thing I’m trying to address and the thing I want to improve for everyone. Jestor was a negotiator and a compromiser, while others that have come after him have been a bit more dictatorial in their approach to security. I just think a return to the old ways should at least be considered.

I tried to address this with tellahane in an intelligent and fair manner. Instead of open dialogue I got read the riot act and told I was “just a guest” and he was “the law”! And how dare I question his authority. That’s not cool. You will draw bees with honey but flys with shit. Under Jestors rule when he would approach me and discuss things it made me want to be better. Under Tellahanes treatment (and others of the past) it just made me want to be even more of a shit!

That’s all I’m saying. Tellahanes actions polarized me against him so our further interactions will now be tainted with that stink. He may have done his knightly charge to enforce the rules but he failed in another knightly charge to keep the peace and resolve situations by diplomacy. I asked for negotiation, and he declined and instead he used force and coercion and not only did he resolve nothing, his actions effectively killed the momentum of the thread he moderated.

This exact same thing has become common place. The last time I was banned unfairly for no reason the threads I was participating in died as well. I see this more and more where the approach to security does more harm than good, causes more censorship than free open speech.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Erinis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2019 18:56 #334029 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Under Jestors rule when he would approach me and discuss things it made me want to be better. Under Tellahanes treatment (and others of the past) it just made me want to be even more of a shit!

That’s all I’m saying. Tellahanes actions polarized me against him so our further interactions will now be tainted with that stink.

You seem to imply that other people’s actions control your owns. Are you a victim? You certainly seem to enjoy playing the part.

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arisaig, Stormcaller

More
11 Feb 2019 19:04 #334031 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Manu wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Under Jestors rule when he would approach me and discuss things it made me want to be better. Under Tellahanes treatment (and others of the past) it just made me want to be even more of a shit!

That’s all I’m saying. Tellahanes actions polarized me against him so our further interactions will now be tainted with that stink.

You seem to imply that other people’s actions control your owns. Are you a victim? You certainly seem to enjoy playing the part.

Not sure where you get that idea from. Did you even read the first few lines of my post? Im stating natural consequences for actions, that is all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
11 Feb 2019 19:12 #334033 by Kobos

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Not sure where you get that idea from. Did you even read the first few lines of my post? I'm stating natural consequences for actions, that is all.

That's why I bring up tone/verbiage (I am not assigning blame in this situation considering more in general). I read a lot of posts now and it makes me question my own tone in depth as I write now. Would it help you prove points to consider the use of this a little bit more in depth? I like to think of it as manners in a dojang (just the analogy I keep in my mind when I am working on phrasing).

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Your head will collapse. If there's nothing in it. And you'll ask yourself. Where is my mind?
Way out in the water.
See it swimmin.
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground_The Pixies
TM-JLSpinner Training, Brother-Nakis

More
11 Feb 2019 19:20 #334034 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Kobos wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Not sure where you get that idea from. Did you even read the first few lines of my post? I'm stating natural consequences for actions, that is all.

That's why I bring up tone/verbiage (I am not assigning blame in this situation considering more in general). I read a lot of posts now and it makes me question my own tone in depth as I write now. Would it help you prove points to consider the use of this a little bit more in depth? I like to think of it as manners in a dojang (just the analogy I keep in my mind when I am working on phrasing).

Kobos

Absolutely. It is something definitely to be considered. But how does one accurately convey such things when those hard conversations are being had? That is actually the point of my discussion. What is the best way to approach someone as a security officer and get the most effective resolution out of a less than desirable situation.

More
11 Feb 2019 19:27 #334035 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Not sure where you get that idea from. Did you even read the first few lines of my post? Im stating natural consequences for actions, that is all.

No. You are stating your perceptions of what a natural consequence to an action is.

I’ve worked in customer service, and under your logic, if I get a disgruntled, nasty customer, I should behave equally as nasty in return? Sure, it is natural to have a negative knee jerk reaction, but being a human being and an adult entail the ability to control how one responds to actions.

Tellahane locked a thread. Not my preferred way of dealing with that particular conversation, but I don’t expect him (or anyone) to be perfect on every given day. If anything, I am less concerned with the locking of thread, and more concerned with how poorly he handled himself in dealing with you (the passive aggression is evident).

But rather than be a shining example of that which you so cleverly can see as a better alternative to a patronizing emotional attitude, you play right into the same emotionally-fueled model.

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins

More
11 Feb 2019 19:40 #334036 by Kobos

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Absolutely. It is something definitely to be considered. But how does one accurately convey such things when those hard conversations are being had? That is actually the point of my discussion. What is the best way to approach someone as a security officer and get the most effective resolution out of a less than desirable situation.

Well, that's the million dollar question, I think. I agree that we should look at how security officers interact in situations. Is the sole blame on the security officer though? In a situation how does the response of the other party/parties and general public exist? Again, I don't have the answer here, I am working on my view of it. I do though think it comes from the individual of any role in the situation to work as close to kindness and objectivity. With all the other factors I would try to consider all parties involved. If in the minimum make the error to the kind side of things, but that can be very difficult and also, have other implications. So, if I was enforcing I would probably be a little loose, however, extreme when I did finally react as it would mean an extensive breach or attempt to and a point to be proven. So I do want to bounce that question back at you. What is it and how would you react in the opposite role? What would you consider? Would you follow a strict enforcement or a loose interpretation?

Kobos

Your head will collapse. If there's nothing in it. And you'll ask yourself. Where is my mind?
Way out in the water.
See it swimmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

More
11 Feb 2019 19:46 #334037 by Tellahane

Kobos wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Absolutely. It is something definitely to be considered. But how does one accurately convey such things when those hard conversations are being had? That is actually the point of my discussion. What is the best way to approach someone as a security officer and get the most effective resolution out of a less than desirable situation.

Well, that's the million dollar question, I think. I agree that we should look at how security officers interact in situations. Is the sole blame on the security officer though? In a situation how does the response of the other party/parties and general public exist? Again, I don't have the answer here, I am working on my view of it. I do though think it comes from the individual of any role in the situation to work as close to kindness and objectivity. With all the other factors I would try to consider all parties involved. If in the minimum make the error to the kind side of things, but that can be very difficult and also, have other implications. So, if I was enforcing I would probably be a little loose, however, extreme when I did finally react as it would mean an extensive breach or attempt to and a point to be proven. So I do want to bounce that question back at you. What is it and how would you react in the opposite role? What would you consider? Would you follow a strict enforcement or a loose interpretation?

Kobos

Another interesting view I would be interested in hearing about isn't just the position in general, but in addition to that view, also consider history of events leading up to as well, such as previous conflicts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Arisaig, Stormcaller

More
11 Feb 2019 19:47 #334038 by Kobos
I must say that is an incredibly important factor I did not mention. Thank you Tellahane.

Kobos

Way out in the water.
See it swimmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig, Stormcaller

More
11 Feb 2019 20:09 #334040 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Kobos wrote:

Kobos

This says it better than I ever could. In this case Council is the Cooler.