Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #278893 by Eleven
My favorite was Jason the red Ranger. Anyone excited about the upcoming film?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #278911 by
Replied by on topic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Excited? Yes. It could be a groundbreaking movie... but the amount of CGI that’s going to be in it is where I get iffy. Movies that have that much CGI are very hit or miss, especially when they rely upon them. It does have potential, but for me as of now I feel that this movie is very much a pocketliner movie for the producers and actors. Then again, I loved Beauty and the Beast, and that also relied a lot on CGI, so it may be hypocritical of me to judge this movie based on that presumption.

But then again, it is Power Rangers. A lot of nostalgia ridden nerds will be going to see it. I’ll probably wait and see it in the comfort of my own home after the reviews come out.

White Ranger FTW here. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #278924 by
This movie is bringing back inappropriate thoughts I had about the Pink Ranger when I was a teenager. Now that the Yellow Ranger is exploring her sexuality, I'm having new inappropriate thoughts about her hooking up with the Pink Ranger...

I'm a dirty old man :dry: :blink: :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #278926 by
I have zero expectations of this being a good movie. That said I'll probably still see it soon. I was talking with some friends and I said "the only thing this movie has going for it is that it's not Michael Bay." To which my friends promptly reminded me that it stars Elizabeth Banks and Bryan Cranston and that it is a movie about teenage super heroes who fight in giant robots. Yeah I might still see it. :laugh:

If you're really feeling nostalgic about MMPR I'd highly recommend the current comic book series printed by Boom Studios. It's actually really good. Kyle Higgins really has a good grasp of what made the first group work.

Senan...

You really are a dirty old man, but I agree.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #278927 by
Goken Wrote:

I was talking with some friends and I said "the only thing this movie has going for it is that it's not Michael Bay."

Thank goodness for that, eh? lol.

As much as I enjoy realism in movies, I find trying to make the Power Rangers realistic goes against the point of Power Rangers. Honestly, as cheeseball and goofy as it was, the orignal show had it's charms mostly because it was so bad. I would actually pay money to see a mondern day remake of it with the same level of cheesiness (terrible robot costumes, over the top "martial arts", and cliche deus ex machina endings too).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #278937 by
I'm expecting this movie to be as cheesy as the original Power Rangers. I'm super excited for it.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #279004 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Honestly, I am an original fan of the show. When I heard they're coming out with a new movie I was really excited but, that joy shortly turned into disappointment when I heard it was a reboot meaning they're going to mess with the original show that made it so popular back in 92-93. I have seen multiple things about it I am going to go see it tonight after work but, I have mixed emotions about it. Everyone, talks about how bad or "cheesy" the show was but, back in the day there was nothing more cool and the show was my inspiration for going into martial arts classes when I was a kid and why well...also, Jediism that I am working on going back and taking more classes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #279013 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
I have only one feeling about the MMPR - that is, the original form which reached the US shores in the '90s... and that is in the form of a quote from a statement made by the band known as "The Mighty Raw";

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5iuWla4xY

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Tarran.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi