How Did Vader Know Luke's Name?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 days ago #56109 by

SeanChing wrote: If Luke became such a noteworthy hero around the galaxy and to the rebellion, wouldn't they send a squad of rebels along with Han to ensure that Luke would be all right? They kind of saved Luke through pure chance...This is how they treat heroes?

The DID sent out a squad of rebels! The next morning, when it wouldn't risk the lives of others. Han was an idiot and went out before it was safe. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Han Solo fan, but he risked his own life for his FRIEND, not for the sake of Luke being a military hero. Using military logic, however, it would have been stupid to go out looking for Luke overnight in the freezing cold.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 days ago #56152 by
Replied by on topic How Did Vader Know Luke's Name?
I'm going to risk sounding like a complete moron here and possibly being removed from the temple but... There are books about the original star wars movies??
I knew there were books after, but never before or during. How did I not know that?!
I'm going to go cry or something now, I think..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 days ago #56153 by
The expanse of the Star Wars Universe through the movies along with the books is EXTREMELY vast (like an actual universe!)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 days ago #56167 by

Reliah wrote: I'm going to risk sounding like a complete moron here and possibly being removed from the temple but... There are books about the original star wars movies??
I knew there were books after, but never before or during. How did I not know that?!
I'm going to go cry or something now, I think..

Yes. In the case of the originals at least, the books got released before/with the release of the movie. A New Hope was released in 1976, one year before the film. So they really are the originals. And we all know how films can never fit in everything about the story...but the books definitely do. :silly:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56173 by
Also, all the books (at least the ones published in the last several years) have a timeline in the front with all the books and where they fall in relation to the Battle of Yavin. Pretty handy if you don't read them in order, so you can follow what's going on.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56222 by
Are these the books? I want to get the right ones not something re-done or something..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56225 by
Based on what I can gather from the product page they do seem to be the books that were written for the films by George Lucas himself, the first one was written by George Lucas and the others his writers.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 days ago #56244 by

Reliah wrote: Are these the books? I want to get the right ones not something re-done or something..

Yup!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61703 by
heres my belifes(havent read what everyone elses comments)
1. in vaders cool but ugly helmet he can do a full scan of the person infront of him, which showed lukes name.
2. he was told by han wen he was tourtuered
3. luke told him
4. he just picked a name at random. he could have said Jeff but luke would have corrected him but we dont know that
5. shoddy script
well thats all i can think of B)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi