7 years 3 months ago #267130 by
Replied by on topic Who is Rey?
FYI, this is a spoiler thread.

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #267147 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Who is Rey?

baru wrote: FYI, this is a spoiler thread.

To be truthful, the Star Wars Is more than just the movies. The comics, books and Rebels show are doing exceptionally well, and the Skywalkers are in very little of any of it. Not to mention Rogue one coming out later this month, no Skywalkers known to be in it either...

Couple of theories are She's either related to Obi One or Palpatine, not really partial to either of them. The new trilogy is quickly becoming a crap shoot for myself, the big villain was generalized, the henchman had major mental problems, Massive holes in the story, Max Von Sydow's character was barely even in the film, the humor was overdone and missplaced, and Luke didnt get two words in. Think I like the prequels better...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267152 by
Zenchi.......Yes. Just....Yes. *bows*

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #267155 by Zenchi
Not to mention of the way Captain Phasma was used, and R2D2 in the corner collecting dust for the majority of the movie. My apologies, time span for editing was up and ive been waiting a year to say that, didn't mean to turn it into a rant lol.

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267178 by
Well, it is a known fact that you "cannot" be reincarnated or fuel the living force, however I heavily believe Plagueis influenced the pregnancy of Shmi. He unwittingly crated the chosen one. The prophecy was never specified though, which means that Anakin technically DID complete the prophecy, at the end of his life. With Maul, Sidious, And Vader dead all in one Era, the prophecy was complete. But- what was unknown to Sidious, therefor unknown to everyone, is the "life" of Darth Plagueis the Wise. If Sidious supposedly killed him 65-79 BBY, and he survived, then who's to say Sidious didn't fail again after beating him on the head with a Saber? Therefor- with the Chosen one "dead", and tons of evidence that Snoke is Plagueis, Anakin never actually completed the Prophecy. Does this mean that Rey could be reincarnation of the Chosen one, meant to meet her maker? If the Force were to grant power unto Plagueis to create the chosen one to end him and his future kin, the Force would never have just thrown away the Prophecy. This means that the Force violated itself in order to truth the Prophecy. Who is Rey? Rey is Anakin-Rey Skywalker. Although: even Plagueis - the living Force in physical form - could not just pop a human into existence... This leaves on mystery. Who is her biological family?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267195 by

Sky wrote: Well, it is a known fact that you "cannot" be reincarnated or fuel the living force, however I heavily believe Plagueis influenced the pregnancy of Shmi. He unwittingly crated the chosen one. The prophecy was never specified though, which means that Anakin technically DID complete the prophecy, at the end of his life. With Maul, Sidious, And Vader dead all in one Era, the prophecy was complete.

How does one complete the prophesy of bringing "balance" to the force by eradicating half of it? Anakin was not the chosen one, Luke was. He completed the prophesy by having the perfect balance of both the light and dark sides of the force in one.

As for Ray, she is obviously the illigitimate love child of Chewbacca! :silly:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267209 by
Lucas and Lucas films agree that the main movies - including clone wars - tell the Skywalker story. The other things are not their story. And Darth Vader does show up in Rebels.

I mostly agree with you. I feel that modern story tells have forgotten how to tell a good one anymore. They focus on gimmicks and things verses a complete story

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267211 by
Off-topic

The Balance of the Force.
I refer to The Dark Crystal and Lucas' original philosophy about the Force being composed of two equal sides: light and Dark. He portrays them as "existing" and "having fluency over people" similar to the devil possessing people, "the darkside made me do it". He did this to increase the drama of the story.

Since there were hundreds to thousands of jedi, the lightside was all used up and unbalanced. That is why Yoda's visions no longer worked. That is whey the Darksiders where so much more powerful. There was only two verses thousands (ignoring all of the games, comics, stories and such). After the purge, there were just four: Yoda - emperor, Obi - Vader. When Obi died, the force was again unbalanced until look rose up. Then it was Yoda-emperor, luke - Vader. Doe to the balance neither could defeat each other - they where equal (just like in the dark crystal). For luke to win and to complete the prophacy, Yoda had to die so Luke got his power - his portion of the force yin/yang pie. With that extra "unbalanced" power, Luke defeated both Emperor and Vader (even though he did not do it "directly".

Depending on the version of the story, Luke took on all of the power - light and dark, or he just took on all of the light with a "void" in the dark. So he had to isolate himself to not offset things.

And now Snoke rose up to balance out Luke.

More
7 years 3 months ago #267213 by Zenchi

baru wrote: Lucas and Lucas films agree that the main movies - including clone wars - tell the Skywalker story. The other things are not their story. And Darth Vader does show up in Rebels.

Yes, lol, "Vader" is in Rebels, although I dont remember seeing him in the third season yet, however the show is not at all about him...

Yes, the main movies (for the most part) are about the Skywalkers, that is however destined to change imo. Regardless of the future, the Star Wars universe is comprised of more than just the movies, else all that material you so cleverly left out, would not be considered official "canon"...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi