• Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #271282 by
Good info.
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #271295 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Well i dont know. This is taken from the wookipedia site.

Chirrut Îmwe was a blind human male, with pale blue eyes, black hair and tan skin. Although he lacked Force abilities, Îmwe was a strong believer in it and the Jedi way, carrying a simple staff and traditionallightbow bowcaster, contrasting greatly with his partner's more pragmatic personality. His devotion to spirituality helped him overcome his blindness and become a formidable warrior.

It also says he uses his incredibly honed hearing to help him fight.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/11/is-donnie-yens-rogue-one-character-chirrut-imwe-force-sensitive-or-not.html

Attachment Screenshot_2017-01-06-02-45-10.png not found

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #271308 by
I may be wrong, but the impression of Îmwe I got was this:

He's able to sense things using the Force, but that's about it. I know for a fact he has a Kyber crystal in the end of his staff and a battery at about the halfway point. He can sense the battery, the stone and the two of them resonating off each other to know exactly where his staff is in relation to him.

He can sense people and events, like Yoda does but to a limited degree. He is able to pick out Jyn (and her Kyber crystal) in a busy market, he's able to identify where multiple storm troopers are (before single handedly hammering them) and he is able to sense "darkness" around a planet and that a death is about to take place. Although he wasn't able to tell who's death, he was 100% correct, as Jyn's father Galin died shortly after his prediction.

So I'd say he's Force sensitive. I think the main reason he, unlike Rey, hasn't learned to do Jedi mind tricks and the like is because he doesn't want or need to. He uses the Force (and his faith in it) as a way of seeing. He doesn't need mind tricks, or the ability to throw droids across a room by waving his hands, he simply needs to be able to see!

Personally if I was blind and Force sensitive, that's what I'd go for too. I'd also say that if Îmwe were able to see, he'd probably have the same potential as that of Rey.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299604 by
Some thoughts on Chirrut,

I think he is at least force attuned but also I don't think force sensitive is off the table. Chirrut could be an example of the level of Force sensitivity that some of the initiates who ended up in places like the Agricorps? My lore is a little rusty in regards to the Council of Reassignment but given the size of the Jedi Temple, I would think it more than plausible that many of the initiates taken at a young age would end up with a large variation of abilities in terms of being able to sense and use the Force. Not all of the Initiates became Padawans ya know? It could be that the temple on Jedha was among the many places they were sent if they had some kind of clergical leaning or affinity.
Just my speculations, please pardon any misspellings.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299605 by Eleven
That is a tough question. Yes, you can train yourself if you choose no, because like Wes said you're missing that support which would be like minded believers in what you believe. The other thing that I see as an issue is are you reference of the movies? or, real life?

Now, if you wanted to be away from TOTJO and do your own thing then I would understand however, I don't see that as the issue. I feel your more searching and not quite sure of things. I've been here since 2011 and I am still looking for answers. Do I feel that people are Force Sensitive? At this point in my journey I don't believe so. Do people have the belief in an all powerful force? Yes but, there are some that don't here on the server.

Forgive me for rambling I am trying to help. I encourage you to search this website. It has a library of books you can read from. If, the Jedi path is what you seek I encourage you to start the IP Programme. What you choose is your journey my friend. If, I can help you in any way PM if you wish. I hope this helps.

MTFBWY
Sven One

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299635 by

HedaAhbi wrote: Some thoughts on Chirrut,

I think he is at least force attuned but also I don't think force sensitive is off the table.

I do agree. As much as I'm not a fan of these things... but for this we need to dive into the wonderful world of MIDICHLORIANS.

In Star Wars Mythos, Midichlorians are in everything. They are "microscopic bacteria that help us perceive the Force around us." Now, I have some personal theories on how abilities such as Force Push and Choke and... well all Force abilities, work. But we can get into that another time.

The average person walking around have ~700 midichlorians in each drop of blood. Anything below that leaves a person off kilter, a bit behind. anything more that 100 above that you begin to find yourself able to "talk" to the midichlorians. You find yourself with sharper reflexes and such. But it really takes a lot more than that for a Jedi to recognise you as "Force sensitive."

So personally I do agree. I do think Chirrut is sensitive, but not to the level of being able to be taken by the Jedi Order, even if it was still active. But because of his sensitivity I do think that he would have naturally found his way into the service of others, and a Guardian of the Whills does just that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299669 by
I think it would be like anything else. Sure you could train yourself, but it would most likely be clumsy.

More
6 years 5 months ago #304164 by ZealotX
Can a force sensitive person train themselves?

The answer is yes.

How can we say this definitively?

Force sensitivity is the egg. The Jedi master is the chicken. Which came first?

If a jedi master had to be trained this would create a paradox. The first jedi had to train themselves by necessity.

Speculations:

Such a person may have had similar "raw power" as that of Rey or Kylo. No one really taught Rey how to do the Jedi mind trick. He only knew of its existence. In other words, she could bend the force to her will but Jedi abilities rely on imagination and control. The first Jedi didn't learn their powers. They created their powers through their imagination. The force simply converted their will and imagination and gave it form and substance. What the first Jedi would train is their control, willpower, concentration, their mind. Once they could use the force with relative ease then they might focus on their body as the next logical thing. It would also be logical for that person to seek other others like themselves so that they would not be alone. If one found another then one would help that person to learn to use the force and to control it. Perhaps at some point they would end up intervening in some conflict, creating an preliminary reputation. At some point others would seek them out and eventually one of their students would get upset and take their frustrations out on another student. This would prompt the masters to start teaching more discipline and caution and trying to uphold the honor and nobility of the group.

As it grows even more eventually students become masters, some more disciplined than others. Those with a lack of discipline themselves would plant that seed in one or more of their students and those who look up to them. Through competitions and trying to impress others pride, arrogance, and ego would grow. Eventually, perhaps inevitably, some would reject the teachings, using the power for themselves and their own ideals. This separation and conflict, and the reactions to it, would make the Jedi more like what we know today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

More
6 years 5 months ago #304168 by ZealotX
My thoughts on Chirrut

I think he was force sensitive. Anakin had the highest midichlorian count (if we want to speak of it that way) but the Jedi didn't know about him until a chance encounter. So if that's the case, the ability for Jedi to detect suitable candidates for Jedi training is severely limited. I would speculate that Chirrut made it to at least early adulthood before anyone even knew he was gifted.

With Chirrut being blind the force allowed him a type of sight like a bat. But before losing his sight he may not have had the awareness that he was force sensitive. Anakin was able to do things, but not things that made it obvious that he was going to be a Jedi. When a person loses their sight their other senses get stronger to fill in the gap. I think one of his senses that strengthened was his force sensitivity; just enough to aid him in fundamental ways.

When Luke has to lift his x-wing he's convinced it's impossible because his use of the force is like using a muscle. It's simply not a physical muscle which is why Yoda was able to do it easily. Still, when Yoda is moving a heavy object you see the strain on his mind as if his mind is stressed under the object's mass or gravity.

A Jedi's use of the force is typically limited to a type of exertion. Anakin's strength in the force allowed him to hurl objects with ease (one at a time if I remember correctly). Chirrut; however, has to use the force to heighten his natural senses on an almost constant basis. Also, I think we often underestimate how the force works in the movies. If the force creates a kind of invisible defensive field then it was repelling a lot of the blaster fire and making every storm trooper look incompetent. Chirrut also seemed to have this untrained force defense ability, but I'm uncertain how much he was able to use this simultaneously with his vision and how long of a duration it had before it wore off.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi