Theory: Why Chewbbaca Didn't Receive a Medal at the End of A New Hope

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #210993 by
The simplest explanation to me is that Chewie couldn't accept a medal because of his life-debt to Han. His sense of honor and the seriousness of the debt make it so that he doesn't view his actions as heroics, but part of what he owes. He just turned it down.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211000 by
Maybe he was supposed to but they had trouble getting it on the suit or staying correctly so they just opted to not do it.

I tend to think of more production reasons for stuff like that than plot reasons. :laugh: One of my minor annoying habits.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211040 by
The production reason was budget, that they didn't want to spend the money for another medal. I think that's on the bluray commentary track, but it might have been somewhere else.

I'm always interested in production, too. I own/operate a small production house that does shorts, advestiments, and promos mostly.

More
8 years 3 months ago #211046 by Adder
I know my cat would have zero interest in a medal, but she loves her favorite snacks. Chewie probably preferred to be rewarded in food!!

I cannot believe it was budget, how much is a piece of tin painted in gold colored paint!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #211047 by OB1Shinobi
racism

actually i think it was this

Goken wrote: Maybe he was supposed to but they had trouble getting it on the suit or staying correctly so they just opted to not do it.

I tend to think of more production reasons for stuff like that than plot reasons. :laugh: One of my minor annoying habits.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi