Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jediism Day and a Vow of Silence (Last post by WralaValel)
    • In honour of Jediism Day, I have taken a conditional vow of silence (speaking only when absolutely necessary) in order to maintain a more constant state of mindfulness and to really hear myself, the Force and the others around me. If anyone wants to join me, please, feel free. I am only going to do this for today to start, but feel free to 'pause and listen' as long as you feel the need. Becoming one with the Force is what Jediism is all about, after all :0)
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Miss_Leah)
    • Quote: Quote: But we CAN look at the myths from across the globe to distill values that are common across humanity. If we assume that Joseph Campbell is correct in his research (and seeing as it's part of our IP, lets assume that, shall we?) Be wary about assuming this. Don't fret, I'm certainly wary. I'm not assuming blindly. My university degree is in ancient history/mythology, and I found a lot of truth in Campbell's words - some themes are consistent across time and culture. Or, if they are repressed, they tend to break through eventually. Also, the same values can be expressed differently. I believe that the Force does connect us and can express itself through these common motifs in our myths/beliefs/values. Human beings are not all that different from each other physically, so it's reasonable that we're not all that different mentally, either. Not at our core. Things like culture/history/education/religion/etc are wrappings that lie over our innate humanity. And that humanity is shared by all. And if that's the case, it can be reasonably stated that there are core human values. Do we know *for sure* what those are? Maybe. Do *I* know them for sure? Nope.
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Silence is definitely not the best solution in these situations because silence is a form of bullying by isolation and dehumanisation. EXACTLY what "situations" are you talking about? she described two different situations, and suggested that silence was appropriate in one but not the other you quoted both of those situations as if they were the same and you made a statement that reads like an absolute truism that would be true even beyond the situations that were mentioned here when you said "silence is a form of bullying by isolation and dehumanisation" is silence ALWAYS a form of bullying? is silence ALWAYS dehumanizing? can you think of no single instance where someone might choose to remain silent because they honestly believe that is the wisest course of action? or did you mean that silence CAN BE form of bullying, such as in the type/s of situation/s that Miss_Leah shared with us?
    • Is belief in democracy required of a Jedi? (RELEVE... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Quote: yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy "You presumed that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. It is entirely possible to make a claim that is false yet argue with logical coherency for that claim, just as is possible to make a claim that is true and justify it with various fallacies and poor arguments." Good luck reasoning this well the reasoning has already been capitulated if the logical procession of civil discordance is reduced to the minimum, then the only reasonable alternative is the uncivil or a cancellation of the discordance this is so well understood that it can be diagnosed from random applicants in settings as varied as shopping malls and universities, so i dont understand why you would regress the sentiment? but no worries: the point that i would say is paramount to the discourse at hand would be the nullification of unreasoned parameters, particularly the ones which you have specified, in introducing sub-maximums into the assumption of merit, and by using ambiguous determinations theres no merit in a sub-maximum, because once the full-maximum or true-maximum has achieved the relevant output, there is no longer any notice of the lesser applicants, but youre postulating that the full maximum (which has already been well established) is unjustified by its clause, and thats an unfair proposition, since you have done nothing to explain WHY the clause is unjustified, and you also have not given any presentations of what a justified clause would aspire to and the amiguous determinations are such that they cant be proven wrong simply because they dont really determine anything in any real way, except that you use them as if to say "youre wrong" but again its indeterminate and ambiguous, because "youre wrong" could mean almost anything so we are at an impasse until your discourse achieves proper merit, or until the linguistic parameters which have been associated with understanding the clause are achieved, or somehow re-defined to render the clause comprehensive, and i dont think either of those is going to happen
    • Distant Horizons (Last post by Streen)
    • Great story, Joda :) It actually hit home. There's a girl I see my other spiritual self in. Sadly it is not meant to be.
    • Defining Jedi and Sith (Last post by Jestor)
    • Just another hardliner, lol, looking to "define", rather than simply "accept"... If a Jedi can act in a "non-jedi' way, and a Sith can act in a "non-sith" way, then the lines are blurry.... The biggest difference I see is that Sith tend to be more "prickly" (ala Watts), and Jedi tend to be more "gooey" (also Watts)... But, even within those lines, there are differences... The defining of classes is only good at the broadest of levels, and as further classification is done, eventually, you will get to the point of the "individual"... Im here as "Jestor", and I call myself a "Jedi" because I feel that label best fits me... Khaos and Wescli, and Hannigan, Althea, Mindas, Opie, all call themselves what they call themselves because they feel that best describes them... Quote: 1) What defines Sith thought Why ask a Jedi site what defines a Sith thought? Would you come here and ask us about Buddhist thought? Pagan thought? Sure we have some [jedi] members who might know a little bit, or have thoughts on the topic (I do), but, as I am not a Sith, I will leave what they define that as, up to them... :) Quote: 2) Does Sith-dom necessarily have to be the converse of Jedi thought Seemingly to some, 'no' to others... Quote: 3) What is the relationship of Jedi to Sith The same as any relationship... Some of us get along right off the bat, some of us dont, and have to work at it a bit... Its not all that complicated, lol...
    • International Jedi Day - May 25th! (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • I just want to remind people that the holiday existed so they could celebrate in their own way, not take over the forum. I suggest we keep it to one thread (and I was intending to keep it in this one, honestly).
    • Very new to the Order and am wondering (Last post by Dagon)
    • Thank you all for your responses. I truly appreciate you all taking the time to pass on your knowledge. I know I still have a lot to learn but thankfully you all clearly have no problem giving help and thankfully I've learned enough humility already to ask for it. Dagon
    • The thread of self-forgiveness (Last post by Kit)
    • Oh! I forgot about this thread! Thank you I needed this today I forgive myself for sacrificing one need for a more important need. And for lacking the strength to handle them both.
    • Virginia request (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • I am being taken willingly to the beach for my birthday. I will be in Virginia area any one there? out of curiosity

There are 168 visitors, 14 guests and 21 members online (5  in chat): Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Darren, rugadd, Kit, tzb, Cabur Senaar, Cyan Sarden, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, MadHatter, MartaLina, Maeros, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, FAT, Prelalo, Codama, WralaValel, TorchandSword, thomaswfaulkner, Miss_Leah, CableSteele, Joda Sett, OddityOfFates, Safine Doltra, LiamRevan, Albekl, Superbat117.

Follow Us