Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What I Appreciate About You! (Last post by Kit)
    • Edan, I always love when you pop into chat with me. I always get excited when I see your posts in the forums. Definitely worth while to read :D and your projects are awesome!
    • Favourite words (Last post by Edan)
    • Sorry... this isn't part of your theme... Phantasmagoria Loquacious
    • Yoga Camp (Last post by Edan)
    • Yoga Camp - Day 25 - 'I Am Strong' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xdof3DtZuk&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC&index=26
    • Give this place some credit (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Life might seem Serene when one stays away from the Forums and Discussions and Chat , but that is off course partly sticking your head in the sand , and that is something you cannot do in the outside world , here is a good place to learn when to speak up and when to shup up , learn from it. I know that some things are not considered "Jedi" and it gets a little rough sometimes , especially when people are new and think that all of us have to change to fit Their needs. What i really like here is the patience and guidance i get here , i have never , ever seen that anywhere else. I come here for my rest , said no Jedi ever ;)
    • Live Sermon August 31, 2016 9 p.m. GMT (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: No worries. CET is GMT+2, but this time of year, you're on CEST (presumably, Central European Summer Time), which is GMT+2. Daylight saving time is a pain, innit? I'm on BST (British Standard Time)... only 1 hour different from UTC which is what the UK is on the rest of the year.. sometimes I still struggle to figure out what time the sermon is! :P
    • How do you Train? (Last post by Edan)
    • I train people at my work, and I've had apprentices here. My methods are slightly different for both. When I train the juniors at my work they start off in stages... working from the less complicated things upwards. When they've got the gist of something then I put them onto the next bit... showing them how to do it, then watching them do it, then leaving them to do it by themselves. They ask questions if they get stuck, and I re-explain if I need to. Some juniors get more handholding than others, some barely seem to need me. When I trained apprentices it was a bit different. I tried to tailor the tasks I gave them to what they specifically needed help with. Often I would set tasks that had come out of conversations that we had had, inspired by something they had been having issues with. Other times I would set something that probably seemed a bit of a right angle to their usual line of thinking, to give them an opportunity to explore a different perspective. I didn't get to train an apprentice to knighthood, which I am disappointed by, so I can't tell how I would have gone further.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • I get that you have a tiny car, but a tiny car in the middle of two parking spaces is still a car in the middle of two parking spaces. It's still selfish, still thoughtless, and it still means I can't park where I need to. Yes, I did leave you a passive aggressive note telling you this, and no, I am not sorry for it!
    • Is the world getting worse than ever? (Last post by Senan)
    • The mere fact that we are having an instantaneous conversation about this topic while on multiple continents in different time zones on a forum dedicated to creating an environment that fosters personal growth and improvement would lead me to believe that the world is just fine.
    • Favorite Jedi Code Line (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Passion yet Serenity I could write a thousand words about why but the main reason is that even in the greatest passions there is some form of serenity , its one of the things i keep in mind when i am doing a hundred things and nothing. I always seek the serenity , passion somehow presents itself for me it seems.
    • Brexit and the UK (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • I'm not too concerned. I still believe the EU has a bright future ahead of it. Call me an idealist, but despite the constant scrutiny, bickering, bad-mouthing and naysaying, Europe is doing pretty darn well compared to the past.
    • Political Revolution (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • If one really wants to “stick it to the man” then the best way I can see for that is to take personal responsibility for one’s life. Become an educated, contributing member of society. Continually work towards personal and financial success. And help those you can by being supportive of their efforts and freely teaching with no strings attached. And do this in the face of all that tis thrown our direction… the misinformation, hostility and prejudice that so many believe they face every day. And most importantly, smile while you do it. :)
    • Question of the Day (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Please answer in your own journal. Spoiler: Sorry about the long delay, school and training took priority for a bit bit I have a new source of questions. If anyone else has other sources or suggestions please PM me so I can keep this going 5 days a week with only weekends off.
    • [New book project] Letters to new Jedi (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: I just finished writing a first draft. I have not written a letter on actual stationary in quite some time and in my adult life I almost never have to do it. Now I'm quite embarrassed by how much my line spacing looks like grade school work. I should have kept up my letter writing. :whistle: Anyway, I'll be writing another draft tomorrow and hopefully sending it to you sometime this week. I always put lined paper behind my stationery so it looks like my spacing is perfect :p One of my colleagues pencils lines on with a ruler and rubs them off afterwards.

There are 209 visitors, 6 guests and 37 members online (4  in chat): Akkarin, Firewolf, Jestor, Manu, Sven, Sven One, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Khaos, Joxman, Rickie, Llama Su, Kit, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Namid, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Goken, OB1Shinobi, Atticus, Adi, Tellahane, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, MartaLina, Arthur H., Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Jamie Kay, Decker, x57z12, Leah Starspectre, Tascha, Blitz7737, Jutus.

Follow Us