Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Question of the Day (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Where is your "happy place"? It could be a literal location or one that exists mentally. Please answer in your own journal.
    • If you had one week left to live... (Last post by Rickie)
    • I'd provide for the financial security for my loved one the best I could. I'd have a big party! I'd meditate and attempt to strengthen (hold together) my spirit in the hopes my spirit (my energy being) will go on in some capacity and not disperse when my physical shell stops working. I think/believe some part of me will live on if I have the resolve to hold my unique spirit together rather than let it go willingly, or unwillingly, and dissolve/evaporate. It's tough putting something mystical an totally internalized into words.
    • Controlling anger (Last post by Rickie)
    • Quote: The idea that lancer gave of thinking of a word or phrase sounds really good, thank you! I did think of a phrase, it's one my grandad told me for times like this a little while ago! It's Latin and goes "Nihil Iligitime Carborundum"; which roughly translates into "don't let the bastards get you down!" There you go! Don't give them what they want.
    • Jedi do not smoke. (Last post by den385)
    • Cigarettes as a focusing habit are an awful. Psychological dependency persists. Hard to concentrate on job tasks, thoughts go into infinite loop about cigarettes. How predictable. Whatever mind does, meditations taught me it is not me. So let it crave whatever it wants. Much greater issue are my general health concerns - those which got me into this tight corner. Worries weaken my resolve. But there ain't much time left to worry before I get full info. And my resolve, even weakened, is much stronger then this substance dependency.
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Day 1 100 days of discipline 2x 5 minutes of hoolahooping once in the morning , once in the evening Gym : 3 times a week, on regular days with at least one day rest in between Food : reduce fat , starch and sugar from my diet , plus not get stuff from the store in an ebullition which is going to be the biggest challenge because i just get up and get 1 liter of icecream/ roll of cookies/ whole chicken in a whim and eat it whitin like ,...an hour or so :S
    • My 3-year-old brother doing telekinesis (Last post by Gisteron)
    • I sure hope that kid goes to school one day... where he can be brainwashed with things like heat differentials and air motion and unstable mechanical systems like aluminium sheets on needles. In the meantime, try psy wheels. They are easy to make, you can make them from paper which is cheaper and as a result their motion looks a lot more like induced by the wizard and not by coincidence. In fact, had you folded the foil sheet like a psy wheel for your brother, you could have gotten a much more impressive display, at least in the eyes of someone who didn't go to school. See, the thing about nature is this: Whether we try to break it or not, it will do its thing for as long as it is possible to do so. Magical abilities, much like miracles, can really only ever be a suspension of natural law, never their application. Now, we can debate all night whether the screen you are seeing this text on, which is transparently a result of ingenious application of natural law is more impressive than some suspension of it could be. I for one find the fact that our world has unbreakable rules far more impressive than what I think the alternative would be like, because a world with breakable laws is a world without any laws and in such a world no feat is remarkable. But if you want to demonstrate to us how this world does in fact not have rules, the way to go about it is breaking what we think are rules. For that it would help to understand what they are and why they are and what it takes to disprove them. Just like no paradigm shift in evolutionary biology is likely to come about through a creationist so will no overthrow of physics come from a three-year-old and their brother's delusion. True telekinesis, if it is possible, will be first performed by somebody who knows what they are talking about, or are at least versed enough and have cunning enough to fool all of their peers. They will no doubt know more about parlour tricks than you do, too.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I don't have a clue sometimes, and i am gratefull for that , it not only gives room but also a bit of peace in a information filled world ;)
    • Knights of Awakening: Jedi Safe Spaces (Charles Mc... (Last post by Lancer)
    • A friend of mine sent this to me. He thought I would like it and was shocked when I told him that it actually upset me and that stuff like this was just as much a part of the problem as everything else. But...it did finally help him start to understand my beliefs and where I come from. I don't know if this will help anyone else get it but it did him. [attachment] I said if you remove the word white from it then you will start to get it. Add a few more and you'll get it a little better. "As a person, I am sick of people being judged by the color of their skin and the hypocrisy of people who have complained about being judged by the color of their skin for decades doing it just boggles my mind". We can't get past it this way. It's like the ancient blood oaths. Member of family "A" kills a member of family "B". So a member of family "B" kills a member of family "A". So a member of family "A" kills a member of family "B". So a member of family "B" kills a member of family "A". This is a never ending cycle. The only way it ends is through eradication of one or the other, or someone must break the cycle of hate. And if we don't break this cycle then we are all doomed.
    • Impartiality (Last post by Adder)
    • Hell yea! The finest architecture needs the most solid foundations. Some of the prettiest IMO is stuff which appears to defy the laws of physics, and it can do so because its built with clear (unbiased) knowledge of the materials nature, and accuracy and craftpersonship of the material pieces and how they fit together, to create 'space' and sit in its environment. The trick is to be 'true' to ones deficiency and not become stuck. I use curiosity as 'mobility' in that regard, otherwise it feels too much like hard work :ohmy:
    • This Gave Me Hope (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • www.cnsnews.com/news/article/jordan-give...-between-blacks-cops "Michael Jordan Gives $2M; Looks to Build Trust Between Blacks, Police" By STEVE REED | July 25, 2016 | 6:30 PM EDT Spoiler: CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Michael Jordan finally spoke out on Monday about racial tensions in America in hopes of easing conflicts between blacks and law enforcement. The NBA great and Charlotte Hornets owner announced he is giving $1 million to the Institute for Community-Police Relations and another $1 million to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The aim is to help build trust following several shootings around the country. "As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers," Jordan said in a statement. "I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well." Jordan's father was killed in 1993 in a botched carjacking in North Carolina. Daniel Green and his friend Larry Demery were convicted of killing 56-year-old James Jordan along U.S. 74 and dumping his body in South Carolina. Both were sentenced to life in prison. The high-profile Jordan has been notoriously silent over the years when it comes to his opinions on politics or social justice issues, which has drawn some criticism. But he said Monday he "can no longer stay silent" on the issue. "I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late," Jordan said in the statement. "I know this country is better than that. ... We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers — who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all — are respected and supported." Spike Lee tweeted: "DO NOT SLEEEP ON MJ." NBA player Jared Dudley tweeted: "There u go MJ." Jordan won six NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls and became one of the most popular and respected basketball players in the world. After retiring, he became the majority owner of the Hornets in 2010. "Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family," Jordan said. "I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change." Jordan said he chose the Institute for Community-Police Relations because its policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. He gave to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation's oldest civil rights law organization, to support its work in support of reforms aimed at building trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. While Jordan said the contributions alone won't be enough to solve the problem, he added: "I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference. We are privileged to live in the world's greatest country — a country that has provided my family and me the greatest of opportunities. "The problems we face didn't happen overnight and they won't be solved tomorrow, but if we all work together, we can foster greater understanding, positive change and create a more peaceful world for ourselves, our children, our families and our communities." TLDR "I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change." MJ INSTITUTE FOR COMMUNITY-POLICE RELATIONS www.iacp.org/ICPR "No single factor has been more crucial to reducing crime levels than the partnership between law enforcement agencies and the communities they serve. " NAACP legal defense fund www.naacpldf.org/ ----- Quote: I thought this was a very inspiring story about a man named David Young... : thats is freaking cool, thank you

There are 457 visitors, 5 guests and 39 members online (none in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Guardianofwinds, Jestor, Karn, Trisskar, Adhara, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, PatrickB, Rickie, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Aqua, Tarran, Cyan Sarden, Adi, Tellahane, Athena_Undomiel, Vigebo, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, Cayce, joe.s.m, Anensho, Gwinn, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Ryder, KerianTi, mfayj, Rahatha, Lancer, Nickjoakley, Soma.

Follow Us