Using the runes Odin

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182518 by
Using the runes Odin was created by
The little time I began my study of runes and learned to use them as an oracle . They have helped me and taught me a lot. He wanted to know the friends of the house, if there are more uses for them as spells or meditation . I use the my way which I think is valid, but wanted to go deeper in this matter . One of the problems I have been facing is finding texts that teach that are in Portuguese ; the runes are not as popular in south america as the Tarot for example.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #182526 by
Replied by on topic Using the runes Odin
There are differing opinions on how the runes were used historically (other than in writing systems), but there are definitely people who use them for both magical and meditative purposes.

Edred Thorsson developed a (somewhat controversial) system of magic based on rune lore in his book Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic . There are also books like Kaedrich Olsen's Runes for Transformation and Galina Krasskova's Runes: Theory and Practice , which take a slightly less traditional/academic approach and focus on magic, meditation, and deepening personal connections with the runes.

There is a Spanish edition of Thorsson's book, but I don't know of any Portuguese language books on runes. Sorry, MrBruno. I bet if you keep digging you'll find some useful books or reading materials in Portuguese. :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182539 by
Runes are highly versatile, and as Arcade has stated, varies person to person on its practical uses. One of the best things you could do if you wish to learn more, is to take everything you read and use what feels right to you. Some of the best paths you can take, are the ones you make yourself.

Think Robert Frosts Famous poem "The Road not Taken"

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #182542 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Using the runes Odin
Mandatory statement that in my personal experience runes are not primarily a divination device, and treating them as solely divinatory can not only limit your understanding of them, but cause massive complications in your everyday work. Runes aren't what we tend to think of them as. At all.

:)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182589 by

steamboat28 wrote: Mandatory statement that in my personal experience runes are not primarily a divination device, and treating them as solely divinatory can not only limit your understanding of them, but cause massive complications in your everyday work. Runes aren't what we tend to think of them as. At all.

:)

I agree with you, just believe oracles, do not predict the future, just bring us daily lessons, the future is written every minute, what the runes show is just a glimpse, a hint, a lesson, not exactly what will happen . That's how I see it.

More
9 years 1 month ago #182608 by steamboat28

MrBruno wrote: I agree with you, just believe oracles, do not predict the future, just bring us daily lessons, the future is written every minute, what the runes show is just a glimpse, a hint, a lesson, not exactly what will happen . That's how I see it.

This is the exact opposite of what I meant, but yes. I suppose that's true as well.

I make this comment literally every time I see the word "rune" come up in a topic title, and maybe I just need to sit down and clarify my actual position.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182648 by

steamboat28 wrote: I make this comment literally every time I see the word "rune" come up in a topic title, and maybe I just need to sit down and clarify my actual position.

I noticed and the only reason I read this thread was in hopes that you would explain it further.

More
9 years 1 month ago #182668 by steamboat28

Jamie Stick wrote: I noticed and the only reason I read this thread was in hopes that you would explain it further.

I never expanded because I just assumed no one was interested. Just for you, I started a new thread on the topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182688 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Jamie Stick wrote: I noticed and the only reason I read this thread was in hopes that you would explain it further.

I never expanded because I just assumed no one was interested. Just for you, I started a new thread on the topic.

His topic was very good and really enlightening. It's great to see people who love to share their knowledge with others. Just allow me to disagree, but we are all interested in what you had to share, it was enough to say right here, but either way thank you brother.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195058 by
Speaking runes again. I know it's possible to combine their designs to create amulets and other things; there are also other symbols as the figure in attach which serve to some things. What combinations and other runes you know?

m.jpg
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi