If you were a god...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168660 by
If you were a god... was created by
In many Pagan and occult traditions, we invoke gods (or other spirits) in order to deepen those relationships or enhance our knowledge or certain understandings - and in some cases we do this to improve or strengthen parts of ourselves by focusing on aspects of those gods that exemplify the kinds of things we want to cultivate or manifest in ourselves.

With that in mind, I don't think it's too irreverent to ask or contemplate the following question. :)

If you were a god (any pantheon, any era), which god would you be and why?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168662 by
Replied by on topic If you were a god...
A Lightning God, like Raiden in Mortal Kombat.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168663 by
Well my answer is going to seem like a cop out. I know next to nothing about Pagan religions and the various Gods. I know a little about Greek gods and some about Norse gods. That knowledge is, however, negligible.

To that end, I would be Thor (or some God like him). I'd want to be a warrior God or a protector of some sort, and possessing a mighty mystical weapon is just too cool to pass up. Also I like what little I know of the ideas of Valhalla. It'd be cool to have an afterlife idea that's all about great battles all day then giant feasts all night.

And remember, if someone asks you if your a God, say yes!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168664 by

Desolous wrote: A Lightning God, like Raiden in Mortal Kombat.

Interesting. I'd often wondered if Raiden was based on an actual god. Seems he's a Japanese/Shinto god/Kami.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin

Did you watch Big Trouble in Little China as a kid? ;)

More
9 years 4 months ago #168666 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic If you were a god...
Odin is my homeboy. Simultaneously a war god and a god of knowledge, a god of magic and a god of writing, Odin has the kind of portfolio I'd probably want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168668 by

Goken wrote: Well my answer is going to seem like a cop out. I know next to nothing about Pagan religions and the various Gods. I know a little about Greek gods and some about Norse gods. That knowledge is, however, negligible.

That's not a cop out, Goken. Good answer. I didn't mean the question to be limited to what might be considered Pagan gods.

Lightning gods are popular so far. :)

Goken wrote: And remember, if someone asks you if your a God, say yes!

Haven't seen that movie in forever! It will be interesting to see what they do with the upcoming reboot.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #168669 by Alethea Thompson
A goddess of diplomacy- one that not only intercedes on behalf of corporeal beings, but noncorporeal as well, and between between the all in any circumstance.

In all of the world, there is only one. But truly- I am my own person. I don't need to be one of the goddesses or gods- I would become a new one.

That said- the first person to name me a goddess of Jediism is going to be haunted for eternity :laugh: :laugh:

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 4 months ago #168670 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic If you were a god...

Arcade wrote: Did you watch Big Trouble in Little China as a kid? ;)

Warning: Spoiler!

Also, there are tons of really, really, really cool kami.

More
9 years 4 months ago #168671 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic If you were a god...
I would be Aset/Isis..

She was mistress of everything really and she used to be quite a inspiration to me.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #168674 by

steamboat28 wrote: Odin is my homeboy. Simultaneously a war god and a god of knowledge, a god of magic and a god of writing, Odin has the kind of portfolio I'd probably want.

The Allfather does seem to have it all. :) Though, I once overheard two Heathens talking about wearing the valknut (that some associate with Odin and death, as they did), and one of them said, "I don't know. I just can't wear it. As much as I respect Odin, it always feels like a target on my chest."

I suspect you like the darker aspects of Odin as well, however. ;)

Have you seen the TV series, The Almighty Johnsons ? If not, you might enjoy it. It's an offbeat comedy about the Norse gods living in contemporary New Zealand.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi