Jedimobiles

More
7 years 5 months ago #265847 by JamesSand
Jedimobiles was created by JamesSand
This thread is about cars, not phones, so if you're starting to get retina damage from staring at screens, this might not interest you :)

I had a bit of a search, and I could not a thread on cars and the like - Well, when we're not being spiritual and enlightened, most of us have jobs to get to, families to transports, et cetera et cetera.

So how do y'all do it? What's your transport now? (car, bike, canoe?) why do you like? what's your dream car, rec vehicle, whatever?

I drive a Zook Sierra. The thinking man's 4x4. Gets me where I need to go, fairly nimble, and copes well with the dirt roads and sometimes difficult terrain in my part of the world without being a big fuel guzzler like some of the small trucks people seem to like.

Pics are always welcome :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #265849 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Jedimobiles
I have an Infiniti G37. Love it. It's comfy, four doors, leather heated seats, backup camera, Bose sound system, and a 360Z engine in it. <3 he doesn't roar like our Z did, but he's fun to drive, great power, and useful. I do miss my old Nissan Xterra though. I miss the versatility of it. The bed space and the hauling capabilities.

We also have a Yamaha FJR1300 which is a lot of fun too. And almost as comfy as motorcycles get. I use to have a beautiful Yamaha 600 but traded in that one and my husband's bike because I was taking my daughter into day care on the way to work and that was when I got most of my riding in :(

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #265850 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedimobiles
Current Owned:
Standard 2005 Mercedes W203 C200 Kompressor sedan auto (bought 2nd hand of course)

Best Owned:
Circa 1995, Series 3 Mazda RX7, turbocharged 12A, 5sp manual, bodykit w/245mm tyres, lowered hard, vblack tints

Attachment 1928349_7193868486_5343_n.jpg not found

If had to splurge winnings on cars, her car would be one of those 3second Tesla X's and mine would probably just be some high end sportscar. Once you get bitten by that bug you have it for life. But I guess I'm trying to starve it out at the moment :pinch:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Adder.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266053 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Jedimobiles
Currently own a saturn ion. But I really want a 1967 Impala

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
7 years 4 months ago #266057 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Jedimobiles

Right now I either walk to places I need to get to, or hitch a ride from others. I'm trying to save up for another vehicle, but the market even for used (sometimes decades old & decrepit) cars is ridiculously overpriced in my area. A 1990's era car/truck can be rusted over and in need of major repairs, and still have a price tag of over $1,000 USD. In the warmer months I will use a huffy I found at a garage sale to get places as long as they are within a few miles ride (and roads aren't too dangerous with heavy vehicle traffic), which I have outfitted with a cargo rack.

Many towns in my area are beginning to expand their networks of bike paths and hiking routes in order to accommodate what is becoming a growing trend of people unable to afford personal transportation / personal vehicles. Unfortunately, my area has one of the worst public transportation networks in the entire country, and the local government places a low priority on expanding it (they are actually reducing service in large areas).

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
7 years 4 months ago #266388 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Jedimobiles

A 1990's era car/truck can be rusted over and in need of major repairs

You mean "A Classic" or a "Perfect Project" :D

Not so many bike paths near me, we just ride on the road (I do it mostly for sport, it's not practical for traveling in these parts)

I used to enjoy cycling for transport when I lived in town, but even with prudent use of bike locks, it seems there is always someone who needs it more than me....

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266434 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Jedimobiles
Currently own: 2015 BMW 2 Series M Sport (Blue)

Dream Car: 1973 MG B Roadster M (Green)

Attachment 002819.jpg not found

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Brick.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266435 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Jedimobiles
Currently drive a 2004 4runner for work and such have a 1995 Dark Red Camaro Z28, constant project car I have had for the last 12 years runs like a dream but I just cant stop taking it apart and putting it back together to add minmimal stuff at this point as i see no need for over 400 hp to the wheels without just making it a race car.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266444 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Jedimobiles

Currently own: 2015 BMW 2 Series M Sport (Blue)

Of course you would...

Whenever I think my life is pointless, I remind myself - At least my job isn't installing indicator stalks on BMWs....:laugh:

Currently drive a 2004 4runner for work

They have not sold 4Runners here for some time (Though they are bringing in the Fortuner now, which more or less fills the same spot in the market)

The old 4runners (late eighties, early nineties) are bloody good though. A few lads in the 4x4 "club" still bring them out to play.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by JamesSand.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266445 by
Replied by on topic Jedimobiles

I have a white bike with a green basket , but i am saving up for this beauty :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi