Youtube heroes

More
7 years 6 months ago #258608 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Youtube heroes

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Well of course they don't care about their video uploader base. Youtube is a subsidiary of Google and so they care about the thing that makes them money, their advertisers. The common user is just there as a medium to allow youtube to push their advertising. If one youtube uploader goes away, 10 more are there to replace him. It is at youtube discretion as to who it allows to upload, view, rate, share, and comment on videos.

If these guys have an issue about the terms of service or the operation of their chosen medium, they can just go out and create their own video service and not have to be under the authority of another entity to display their content. No one every told them they have to use Googles/youtube services. As an end user they really have no say in how google/youtube conducts their web sites or their business.

Besides, DMCA and flagging abuse has been going on at youtube for years. I see it as a welcome change that youtube is attempting to get somewhat of a more responsible party in to help monitor and control this.

A responsible party? Who are they responsible to and what are the results of killing someone's livelihood with abuse of the program? Oh there are no consequences that matter? Then this is another program rife for abuse. Further that whole argument of making your own is so tired it's not even funny. Youtube will not exist without content creators and many people are working on alternatives. If Youtube wants to slit its own throat I will look forward to its closing and have no pity for those that end up out of a job. However, that does not make its actions right or sensible.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258626 by
Replied by on topic Youtube heroes

MadHatter wrote:
A responsible party? Who are they responsible to and what are the results of killing someone's livelihood with abuse of the program? Oh there are no consequences that matter? Then this is another program rife for abuse. Further that whole argument of making your own is so tired it's not even funny. Youtube will not exist without content creators and many people are working on alternatives. If Youtube wants to slit its own throat I will look forward to its closing and have no pity for those that end up out of a job. However, that does not make its actions right or sensible.

Well it does not make them wrong either. Its a decision they are making as a business. And if you think they will ever run out of content developers I think you are underestimating the multitudes of video drones that want their 15 minutes of fame for that "easy buck". It doesn't matter how "old" the argument is about creating your own video platform, its still a valid argument. As long as you use another companies services to host your content you are subject to their whims. No getting around that and people can whine all they want but its not going to change anything. The company will make its decisions regardless of external input and that may even mean their demise and if that is the case then so be it. Developers aside, people may stop watching and then youtube will be replaced by another company that will abuse its users just as much. Just look at Blockbuster and Netflix - both fallen giants replaced by a new giant just as mindless. B)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258652 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Youtube heroes

If Youtube wants to slit its own throat I will look forward to its closing

Revenue US$74.98 billion (2015)[1]
Operating income US$19.36 billion (2015)[1]
Net income US$16.34 billion (2015)[1]
Total assets US$147.46 billion (2015)[1]
Total equity US$120.33 billion (2015)

Don't hold your breath....
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JamesSand.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258655 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Youtube heroes

JamesSand wrote:

If Youtube wants to slit its own throat I will look forward to its closing

Revenue Increase US$74.98 billion (2015)[1]
Operating income
Increase US$19.36 billion (2015)[1]
Net income
Increase US$16.34 billion (2015)[1]
Total assets Increase US$147.46 billion (2015)[1]
Total equity Increase US$120.33 billion (2015)

Don't hold your breath....

How long was myspace seeing growth before it ignored its fans and was killed by that fact? Nothing is too big to fail and alternatives are being created so I hold hope that they either wise up or fold.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi