The Avengers and Phil Coulson endorse Hillary.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258262 by JamesSand

This has always baffled me. How exactly is Trump more of a risk than someone that's participated in the destabilization of the middle east for 8+years now, voted for CISPA, NDAA, The extension of the patriot act, so on and so forth? I'm sure if you asked the families of the weeding party where we drone bombed 70+ people, many of them children, who was more of a risk, you might get a different reply.

Trump is more of a risk in that he's an unknown. He's never held any office, never been responsible for policy, and was in fact pretty chummy with the Clintons until a little before this election cycle. We really can't say with any certainty what Trump will do, but we can say what Clinton will do, just ask Liby

I'll assume you're replying to the gist of the message in the video and not to me - I was not offering my own views on USA politics (or foreign or domestic affairs).
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JamesSand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258265 by

JamesSand wrote:

This has always baffled me. How exactly is Trump more of a risk than someone that's participated in the destabilization of the middle east for 8+years now, voted for CISPA, NDAA, The extension of the patriot act, so on and so forth? I'm sure if you asked the families of the weeding party where we drone bombed 70+ people, many of them children, who was more of a risk, you might get a different reply.

Trump is more of a risk in that he's an unknown. He's never held any office, never been responsible for policy, and was in fact pretty chummy with the Clintons until a little before this election cycle. We really can't say with any certainty what Trump will do, but we can say what Clinton will do, just ask Liby

I'll assume your replying to the gist of the message in the video and not to me - I was not offering my own views on USA politics (or foreign or domestic affairs).

You're correct. I'm replying to the video and not you directly. Sorry if I wasn't clear and/or seems confrontational.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258266 by JamesSand
Just clarifying,

No wuckers B)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258397 by
Because Trump is a racist so and so.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258404 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote: Because Trump is a racist so and so.

Prove that statement.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258465 by
Honestly, I don't care at all about who they are or aren't endorsing and I'm still not sure I believe them that voting actually matters all that much (thank you electoral college system). But I did enjoy this ad a lot simply for Mark Ruffalo's reactions at the end.

"What? I never agreed to that." "No, guys. They should just vote because it's important." :laugh: He's great. :laugh:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 6 months ago #258588 by ren

Silas Mercury wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

Amazing, right ??

No. It's quite disgusting, although not everything in it is wrong.

Let's be frank what the US needs is for the next president to be shot dead, along with half the house of reps. With a bit of luck it'll put some fear into their successors and survivors and everything won't go to shit.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258597 by Wescli Wardest
I agree with Ren that it is disgusting. But my reasoning is that non-political persons are using their fame to push a political agenda and not giving legitimate political reasoning based on politics or policy. But that has been going on in politics for years so I don’t know why we hold the media to any higher standards now.

I also agree with the sentiment that part of the issue is the career politicians that have resided in their seats of authority for too long with little reprisal for their bad policy and decisions. There does need to be a major change in who occupies the different seats, but people going out and voting should be the way to bring about the change.

Every citizen has a voice and a vote, and... unfortunately, every citizen gets a vote. :P It is far too easy for political parties to play to the emotions of the populace and sway votes to their favor even though their policies are detrimental to the wellbeing of the nation. Or that their records do not support the promises they make the people. Everyone having a vote only creates a strong democracy when everyone is well informed with actual facts and not just buying in to whatever people tell them because they want you to vote for them. It has been said that everyone has a right to their opinion. But if one’s opinion is going to dictate policy, I would say that they only have a right to a well informed and educated opinion.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259124 by

ren wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

Amazing, right ??

Let's be frank what the US needs is for the next president to be shot dead, along with half the house of reps.

Agreed

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi