Motivation/Insparation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #255083 by
Motivation/Insparation was created by
When you wake up in the morning who/what motivates you and/or inspires you through life?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #255123 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic Motivation/Insparation
In the morning the kids jumping on my chest or the dog licking my face :laugh:

For the rest of the day it's pretty much a consistent and largely unconscious practice of asking "What would Obi-Wan* do now?"

* or Florence Nightingale , or George Fox , or Thomas Young , or Valentino Rossi , or Kelly Slater or Bjorn Lomborg

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #255229 by
Replied by on topic Motivation/Insparation
Seriously...coffee! I read Taoism philosophy every morning with my coffee in a quiet place &or listening to gentle instrumental music. If I'm particularly burnt out I just sit quietly sipping my coffee.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #255321 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Motivation/Insparation
My daughter is my steady inspiration/motivation.
Crafting projects are more sporadic.
During work, my lunch break cross stitch and/or book reading is my motivation to get through the morning
Then in the afternoon, going to pick up my daughter gives me the joy I need to get through until the whistle blows.

Otherwise there's songs/events/friends/husband/pets and the like that'll give me a bit of a boost
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Kit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #255338 by
Replied by on topic Motivation/Insparation
I've recently entered my final year of school, and have big exams on the way. So currently one of my main motivations is what I want to do in the future; which is archaeology! I know I can only go on to do what I consider my passion if I keep at it.

However, for general, non-exam times, my motivation can include my friends, my family, my past experiences and how far I've come. I've also found this Temple to be a great inspiration, support and motivator too!

More
7 years 6 months ago #255347 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Motivation/Insparation
As sad as it is to say... on a weekday my motivation is money... not going to work = not having a job = not having my house.

But generally, I guess my inspirations are the people who I see as my role models, for different things they have done in their lives. My motivation is to enjoy the time I have with my husband. My motivation is to engage with the people I care about.

Apart from my job, I don't really think about motivation/inspiration. Honestly, there are days when I have neither, and I wish the day would pass me by without me having to be a part of it.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kit,

More
7 years 6 months ago #255357 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Motivation/Insparation
My alarm clock, if I don't shut it off it will keep going and get louder!!

But seriously, a bit of training probably; from when I was real young I'd time myself in my morning ritual of preparedness to better my efficiency. I don't do that anymore, but I've always been into the whole low drag hi speed, penetration approach, hot knife thru butter type of thing... so I can spend the rest of the time meditating!!!

But more seriously, it used to be working to an external plan to retire as soon as possible (make hay while the sun shines), an internal plan to transform myself in whatever direction interested me.

But I tended to neglect the social side and that got absorbed into the whole workflow which with sufficient structure can be quite effective but not really 'connecting' as a whole self to another whole self's point of view and experience of life. I guess as plans progress and progress is made one gets more time or capability to refine their methods!!

So in one word, I'd say plans - and that this requires ongoing awareness of both the plan and the platform of intended action (focus), imagination and research (knowledge), and patience or action (wisdom?).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #255360 by
Replied by on topic Motivation/Inspiration
Being needed at work. I am the only one who can do what I do right now and I get tons of respect and leeway for doing it.

My kid needing something.

Tacos.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #255371 by
Replied by on topic Motivation/Inspiration

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Tacos.

^This :)