What's your Poketeam?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249816 by
Replied by on topic What's your Poketeam?

Goken wrote: I'll go first. I am team Valor. B) I chose it because I like red more than blue or yellow, Moltres is the best of the legendary birds (it's on fire, people!), and the name Valor is just way cooler than either mystic or instinct.

Valor!!!!

Honestly I chose Valor because everyone I know save 2 went Valor. Team spirit and all that. We wanted to be able to represent and team together at gyms, ect ect.... Soooo Valor it was.

I liked Mystic ONLY because the bird was designed better. Artistically speaking....The valor bird looks like someone just scribbled the fire and called it good XD And I was really disappointed by the Valor Team Leaders outfit/name but....Meh....Whatever XD its a game. In that regard (team leaders) I loved Instincts outfit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249821 by

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: What is Pokemon Go?

Seriously though, I think the entire thing is a ridiculous waste of time and I'm amazed to find so many people sucked into the sheer lunacy of it all. Don't get me wrong, I love a good game, but this obsession with a small box and the pixels it displays to us so that we may avoid reality is something I just find dumbfounding.

What does that say about me?

I don't play it for starters. I am curious as to why anyone feels it's acceptable to insult practices or those that take enjoyment from them simply because they themselves may not understand or support it...

Edit; Technically I'm no better, for the longest time I had problems with the ranters, so I'm not Intending to preach...

Not insulting anyone. Just my opinion on a particular practice. Results of others may vary. :silly:

I was truly curious what anyone thought about this aspect of the game - the one that brings revulsion at the thought. This thread did put forth an opinion that the team you choose could somehow be related to some aspect of your personality. So what if you choose no team... in fact are repulsed at the thought of choosing a team?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249822 by
Everyone is picking teams for Pokemon Go and I'm over here still trying to beat Angry Birds... :S

If I played, I would probably go with Instinct just because I like to root for the underdog and everybody always picks the other ones. :silly:

More
7 years 8 months ago #249824 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic What's your Poketeam?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: What is Pokemon Go?

Seriously though, I think the entire thing is a ridiculous waste of time and I'm amazed to find so many people sucked into the sheer lunacy of it all. Don't get me wrong, I love a good game, but this obsession with a small box and the pixels it displays to us so that we may avoid reality is something I just find dumbfounding.

Everyone likes to spend their time differently, I would go on to explain why I enjoy it and why I've seen others enjoy it but you're welcome to go check out the "Generation lost in a day" thread for some of that or start a new thread and ask if you're truly are curious rather than as disdainful as this sounds.

What does that say about me?

That you like to derail threads?

I'm Mystic. Blue and red are both my favorite colors, I prefer fire over ice, but I liked Team Mystic's logo so much better. I love the power in the name Valor but something just rang for me in Mystic. (and I liked the shadow of the Mystic's Leader's clothing better XD )

That and Ava was Mystic :D

My husband wanted Valor because of the name, the red, and the fire but he went Mystic for me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249826 by

Kit wrote:

On the contrary, methinks you did not see my last reply... :P

I was not trying to be insulting. I was honestly putting forth an opinion I have and am curious about opinions on the personality aspects of it in relation to choosing a pokemon go team.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249831 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic What's your Poketeam?

Kit wrote:
That and Ava was Mystic :D

SEEE???!!!! I told you I knew someone who joined Mystic because I had lmao :laugh:

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
7 years 8 months ago #249832 by Breeze el Tierno

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Kit wrote:

On the contrary, methinks you did not see my last reply... :P

I was not trying to be insulting. I was honestly putting forth an opinion I have and am curious about opinions on the personality aspects of it in relation to choosing a pokemon go team.

No trying to insult anyone and not insulting anyone are two different things. It appears you succeed effortlessly.

Intent and impact are different. One must still take responsibility for unintended consequences. Let people have their fun.

I don't play, but I would probably go Mystic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249834 by

Cabur Senaar wrote:
No trying to insult anyone and not insulting anyone are two different things. It appears you succeed effortlessly.

Intent and impact are different. One must still take responsibility for unintended consequences. Let people have their fun.

I don't play, but I would probably go Mystic.

I see... OK Im out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249835 by
I dont play but i would go for team Instinct , i remember when i was pregnant i was very aware of what i ate and how my moods were , i lived healthy and had lots of walks , i talked to my baby and everything , i used to sit in the bath and feel her swimming around so yeah , i tried to hatch my egg so to say in the most perfect circumstances so i pull strongly towards the Yellow team :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249860 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: So what if you choose no team... in fact are repulsed at the thought of choosing a team?

I seen you left the thread...I am sorry, But I thought I would give my answer.

I personally find this idea of "Being Repulsed of Choosing a Team" to be more of this Social Justice Warrior nonsense ;)

When you play Baseball....You pick a team. When you play Basket Ball, or heck...ANY Kind of sports events....you pick teams. You pick teams in almost any and every game you play (World of Warcraft Horde or Alliance? Horde Baby!)

Picking teams is a natural part of the human condition and has been going on for as long as the human and non human species is known. And....It is healthy. It motivates, challenges, and pushes you to your best potentials.

This thread did put forth an opinion that the team you choose could somehow be related to some aspect of your personality

I excitedly and with enthusiasm pick teams, and I pick them with the mentality and mindset of my surrounding friends and family. Both with Teamwork in mind, and with challenging ourselves towards new goals (Like power walking circuts to hatch eggs once kids start school....Can't wait!!)

I mentioned in my previous post that two of my friends actually picked instinct (Actually its three come to think of it) And despite our different team selections. We walked side by side catching pokemon, sharing tips and tricks, and teasingly jabbing at eachother in challenges on which of us two would take the Mystic gym first.

The idea of being Repulsed by something like a Game? Yea...Makes no sense to me at all....

HOWEVER

It is not something to dismiss either. If you are repulsed...then don't participate. *Shrugs* really that simple...I don't understand it....But I won't judge either :)

Its a game!!!

I save my "Repulsed" feelings for animal abusers, child rappists and mass murderers......Thats enough negative and dark energy for me to deal with....don't need it to bog me down in games too. :)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi