Recipes and Goals (Just a thought)

More
7 years 11 months ago #241907 by Codama
Good Morning, good people. I hope this post finds you full of good health and a good meal. And if you happen to be a little on the ill side, I trust you are on your way to a speedy recovery. And I also trust that you soon find the delight of a mouth watering meal. If not mouth watering then at least a drool in between bites.

When I was given the responsibility to provide my own meals I was almost convinced I’ll never taste another mouth watering dish. The task of making a dish seemed so unrealistic. “I’m not a cook.” I said to myself. “You’re not a cook.” People
said to me. So I just settled for microwave dinners and to balance things out I would conveniently find my way at other people’s houses. “Hey guy’s I just stopped by the west end to let you know your tire is a little low on air...Wait is that Chicken
I smell?” Being a dinner guest at someone’s house became a life style. You would think I had this secret room in my apartment setup with a detective surveillance board of all my friends that cooked. Complete with projected dinner times and what they may be eating for each day of the week. Of course one day I was feeling adventurous and found a recipe for a tasty dish. I went to the supermarket, purchased the ingredients, the CORRECT cooking utensils and started to prepare the meal. The only thing I had to do was follow the recipe’s step by step instructions. As the preparing went on I got more confident in following the directions. I heated the stove to the proper temperature, spread out the seasoning and let it cook. When the suggested cooked time was achieved, I tasted the dish and was surprised how good it turned out. I had a new favorite meal. Since then I have graduated from Ramen Noodles (Really inexpensive "Just add water" Noddles) and became really good at making real pasta. I even throw the noodles in the air to see if it sticks to the ceiling. After a while cooking became easier, dishes got more creative and the ceiling had a variety of foods sticking to it. And all I had to do was follow the step by step instructions.

And just like making a dish, reaching a goal is very similar. To effectively reach a goal it usually takes step by step instructions on getting there. If there is something you want to do, take time to do research on what makes it possible. Then gather your facts in a step by step map on what needs to be done to get there. After the instructions for your goal are complete, review it and do it. If your instructions are correct and if you follow them, you are more than likely going to reach that goal. Smaller goals require planning & bigger goals require a little bit more detailed plan. But, they are all reachable. So whatever you want to do whether it’s take a road trip, start a business, buy a car, build a Death Star, buy a house or prepare some Ramen Noodles; Just complete the instructions, review it then do it. And after it’s done throw your goal in the air and see if it sticks to the ceiling. Love you guys.

"Aum"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi, x57z12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #242307 by OB1Shinobi
my most used recipe is ramen noodles with a can of tuna instead of the seasoning packet!

thats terrible, i know

i enjoyed reading this, thanks :-)

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #242311 by
I made this:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/county-fair-fried-dough-recipe

about an hour ago with a teeeeny tiny bit of sugar on it and it was SO FREAKIN' GOOD.

And I was thinking, next time I'm going to dip it in marinara sauce.
Then I'm going to have it with tuna salad in the middle.
Then stuff for a taco spread out on it.

Really it was good. And easy. And best of all the ingredients list is tiny (I never have anything in the house, so this is an important one). Just make sure the oil is hot enough when you drop it in... and don't burn yourself (I did because I'm a noob).

I know this wasn't the point of your thread, but I had a good experience and wanted to share xD
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by .

More
7 years 10 months ago #242370 by Codama
Ha, no worries Snowy. Thanks for sharing Shinobi. Maybe there could be a Jedi meal thread. Or a lesson in the IP on things to cook.
We could even call it...

Force Feed
Luke, I am your Cook
The Death Starved
Can't cook, yet Recipe
Cook or cook not there is no hunger
Light Savory
Jabba the hungry

I don't know.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi