Techwear for Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211154 by
Replied by on topic Techwear for Jedi
Whenever I hear about tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and other things like that, I feel so thankful I was born in a country where no natural disasters occur.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #211564 by
Replied by on topic Re:Techwear for Jedi

Jedi_Roz wrote: I also do mounted search and rescue, the radios are extremely helpful in the deep woods. Even if I cannot get out to a repeater, I can usually hit someone at base camp who can get any call out needed. A lot of times my second horse or even in my saddle bags I carry extra batteries and or radios and portable antennas. Years ago I was activated at a scene of a flood where the national guard needed help coordinating the effort to save houses and help people.

I'm only technician class. Call sign KC8SZV. For tech gear my radio is a vital part of it. Didn't mean to hijack the thread or anything. :-)

I'm working on my Amateur Extra, but it may have to wait a few months. But as Roz pointed out, ham radios are really useful to have if main communications systems are down for any reason.

To the OP, I liked the jacket you linked. I need to find something like that for carrying around my various devices.

Any thoughts on neutral colors being a mainstay? Just as a way of blending in.

More
8 years 3 months ago #211570 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Re:Techwear for Jedi

Jedi_Roz wrote: I also do mounted search and rescue, the radios are extremely helpful in the deep woods. Even if I cannot get out to a repeater, I can usually hit someone at base camp who can get any call out needed. A lot of times my second horse or even in my saddle bags I carry extra batteries and or radios and portable antennas. Years ago I was activated at a scene of a flood where the national guard needed help coordinating the effort to save houses and help people.

I'm only technician class. Call sign KC8SZV. For tech gear my radio is a vital part of it. Didn't mean to hijack the thread or anything. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did ground search and rescue for a little while with a mounted team(I only did the ground part, I was a flanker/flagger/whatever its called based on what time of day it is since I was one of the few who could actually keep a straight line with a compass, as well as carry and use an emt b pack), that was awesome to see them in action, wish I had more time to do it again but it was 3 counties away and travel sucks up a lot of time, even then I still responded to pages faster then some of them did who lived there.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi