Rants far and wide

More
9 years 4 months ago #169610 by rugadd
Rants far and wide was created by rugadd
Okay, I decided to put this here for lack of a better place.

Simple rules:

1. Anyone can post a rant.
2. Nobody can respond to another persons rant in this thread.
3. No rant can name a specific person.

I'll go first:

I am not a mind reader. I did what you said to do EXACTLY. If there is more criteria for how I shold handle situat9ions like that you need to tell me because it feels an awful lot like I am getting crapped on for trying to reach outside of my usual responsibilities to help. SOMETHING YOU DESPERATELY NEED. I don't stand there and listen to your drunken rants because it is entertaining...it is because I need information to take some of the load off your shoulders and SOBER GUY doesn't want to admit he can't handle it, let alone allow me to help. I swear to god it is like getting stabbed by a baby with a knife every time I try to change your diaper.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, Tarran

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #169614 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I know that I personally have advocated being mindful of the words we use to avoid hurting other's, but sometimes people can be SO RIDICULOUSLY OVER SENSITIVE!!!!!!! For crying out loud just assume that we didn't mean to offend you rather than the other way around. Even if you're wrong you'll be happier.

That does feel good. :)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 4 months ago #169660 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Rants far and wide
Im uncomfortable with this, though I cant quite put my finger on why.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #169673 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide

Goken wrote: I know that I personally have advocated being mindful of the words we use to avoid hurting other's, but sometimes people can be SO RIDICULOUSLY OVER SENSITIVE!!!!!!! For crying out loud just assume that we didn't mean to offend you rather than the other way around. Even if you're wrong you'll be happier.

Or they can always alienate guests by preventing them from commenting in specific forums by complaining since a few mem, er, "people" lack social skills...

Warning: Spoiler!

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

More
9 years 4 months ago #169675 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
We're not responding to other peoples rants here. Your welcome to PM each other all you like.

rugadd

More
9 years 4 months ago #169676 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
Good luck enforcing that rule...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
9 years 4 months ago #169677 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Rants far and wide
So, this is a place to rant about whatever, but you don't want feedback or advice, or discussion on rants?
You want to shout and then?
You can express frustration and anger at anytime, in your journal or just scream it out aloud.
How exactly does this help? You personally or the people reading it?
This is not what should be done here, a rant area is just an excuse to give in to negative feelings and no offense but what church anywhere, would allow an area to be used in this way?
Personally I think it's a stupid idea
My rant !!!
Any feedback is welcome

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
9 years 4 months ago #169679 by rugadd
Its about having a place to blow off steam. There are plenty of threads for intelligent discussion about personal problems people need help with.

Expressing frustration in and of itself is not a bad thing and the rules I set down were to prevent petty bickering and hurt feelings.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 4 months ago #169681 by rugadd
Oh, and the Temple lets people rant all over its forums all the time.

rugadd

More
9 years 4 months ago #169685 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide
Well ... I don't know. :unsure:

Would it really be so much different the the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem ? After all, it was stipulated "no names" and besides, it isn't necessarily limited to ranting 'about' things going on in the TotJO ...

This sort of thing could have the express benefit of showing others that we do indeed get stressed, frustrated, pissed off, scared, outraged, sad, and all the other things we try to cleverly express by bashing other people (not the best way, of course). There is something comforting in knowing that we are not alone in our suffering ; others suffer too. The 'reasons' underlying it may be diverse, but it is something that we all share.

Just remember -- basically all of these stresses we'll be vomiting up here have two basic questions at their root :
  • "What am I afraid of ?"
  • "Whose fault is it ?"

Go ahead and spleen away here ... But remember the rules. No name calling, no snarky-ness ... Okay ?

B) Betch'all can't do it ...

How's that for a rant ? :P

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, , Tarran, Jake Nislan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi