Gray Jedi

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah

Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:06 #75734

does anyone happen to have any information on the teachings of the Gray Jedi? I'd be interested to read that.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:48 #75737

Moved this to a more appropriate location. I have not done alot of research on Grey Jedi teachings but can also look up Potentium (another name for the Greys)
Rev. Robert Cannon, OCP B.Div
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of TotJO
Former Apprentices: Knight Cynthia, Knight Alexandre Orion, Knight Reliah
Current Apprentices: Archon, Naya

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 06:13 #75741

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Potentium simply believe in that there is no dark side of the Force. The "Dark Side" comes from the user.

I've seen one image of Jedi, where it says that Grey is what walks in-between and Shadow encompasses it. As far as I understand of Grey Jedi, they are ones who walk a fine line in-between where they do not give into the Dark Side. While a Shadow could be describe as a means to end.

I guess on the version of shades of grey, Shadow Jedi and Grey Jedi can be very different and yet similar. Though to me, they seem one and the same. But I do not know much about "Shadow Aspect" at all. All I know is that it is about wholeness and balance.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:26 #75744

The 'shadow jedi' are just like the light jedi, and the dark. we are (how to put this) we study both aspects of the force, the good and the bad. and so mix white and black and we have gray! a jedi is balanced, or so they should be. and the gray jedi are very balanced as they dont just look at one part, but the whole force. or the whole picture if it is easier to understand. I am a gray jedi but not quite finished yet with my learning so i hope my explanation is helpful
I am Llama

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:32 #75745

you are never finished with your learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:58 #75746

Absalutly true.... But to clarify also on your post having learned both the light and dark side my self over the years as an outside (non-Relgious) force user (untill now), it's the same concept as the ying yang theory where by definition you can't have one without the other, a grey jedi looks at the force/ world as a whole and not from one point of view but from all aspects and angles.

There for a grey jedi is able to look at any situation and call on the force and use it within reasonable limitation and can use any part of the force whether we need to use light or dark side tactics to our advantage.

hope this helps buddy :cheer:
Ryan.
For the Republic! and the Senate!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 11:02 by ryanjg2010.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:03 #75755

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Stand too close to, or too far from a painting and its hard to comprehend the whole...find the right spot in the middle and the whole thing makes sense.

We do what is needed...sometimes its viewed as light....sometimes not so....you cannot have one without the other...

They have a good deal of info on greys in the great jedi holocron...and wookiepedia has some info...or you can peek around and you'll find some of us hanging about...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

"did you ever see a lion stretch before taking down a gazelle?" -tallahassee, zombieland-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru
Semper Fortis
Vis Vobiscum

Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 14:06 by RyuJin.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:40 #75760

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Here is a way I think of it, Grey Jedi are like dogs, closely related to wolves, maybe even half-breeds themselves, but they are not wolves (Dark Aspect). Dogs are not as dangerous to sheep versus wolves.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:50 #75763

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Wolves always get a bad rap...just for doing what nature needs of them....thinning the herd isn't necessarily a bad thing...too many sheep will leave behind a barren field....

Coincidentally my animal spirit is a wolf (I'm part Cheyenne Indian)...I learned about it when I was 15....
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

"did you ever see a lion stretch before taking down a gazelle?" -tallahassee, zombieland-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru
Semper Fortis
Vis Vobiscum

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 15:09 #75765

• Streen
  • ID: 2215
We all follow the Force. Labels only have whatever meaning we give them. In the end, we're all just spiritual people.
"First comes the day; Then comes the night. After the darkness; Shines through the light. The difference, they say, Is only made right; By the resolving of gray; Through refined Jedi sight."

―Journal of the Whills, 7:477
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wendaline
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Question of the Day (Last post by MadHatter)
    • If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality what would it be? Please answer in your own journal.
    • A cashless society and chip Implants (Last post by Khaos)
    • Whats really interesting is when people get older, many here, will need pacemakers, or some kind of replacement surgery(kness and hips are big as one ages), and will probably do so without a second thought. A pacemaker, actually helps control your heart rhythms. Its always interesting to see where and how people draw the lines in the sand.
    • TOTJO Times: Spring Edition (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Quote: If it's a PDF, you can add it to the forums as an attachment too Ow ..off course .. :blush: [attachment] I edited the OP to add it there too... :)
    • Sinful delight (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Sin sells. There's a sin tax. What happens when that word losses it's meaning? Hmm thanks for the train! Ps if u work in retail you may or may not know about the sin tax on cigarette s. That's what's it's called officially. Few companies can add that...
    • Donald Trump - Noam Chomsky discusses (Last post by Miss_Leah)
    • Quote: I hoped he would at least garner enough support to shock the Republicans out of their cronyist attitudes and back to listening to the people. Now Trump is poised to do just that and that is the ONLY reason I would consider voting for him. Sorry, I just don't trust career politicians. They all lie, but at least Trump is too narcissistic to bow to the Republican leadership. As a Canadian, I'm watching all of this play out from a distance. Lemme tell you, Trump looks even more like a complete farce from here. Yes, he listens to the people - he listens to the xenophobic, the scared, the ignorant and the rich. And then he tells them what they want to hear, whether it's true/reasonable or not. He panders, plain and simple. While I hold no love for politicians, at least with career politicians, you can look back on what they've done - which policies they believe in, whether they're consistent, if they've been involved in any wrongdoing or scandals, where their loyalties lie (or of they even have any loyalty at all). The best indicator of future behaviour is relevant past behaviour. And there is very little in Trump's past behaviour that makes me hopeful that he could even adequately lead a nation.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Proteus)
    • There are no words adequate enough to depict how grateful I am today... :blush: Nor to depict how excited either! :woohoo:
    • ADD HEALING REQUESTS HERE!! (Last post by peace)
    • Warm hopes and wishes to everyone dearly. I'm sorry to hear what all of you are and have been going through. It's not easy and I understand that. As an apprentice, I too have experienced some traumatic events and looked to all of you for guidance. These types of threads are what brings our community together to become one and allows us to get to know others more on a deeper level. As my lasting words in this post, I just want to say, don't be afraid to let yourself be heard and don't hold back your deepest feelings about anything. These things hold us back from progressing in our paths. MTFBWY all.
    • Who are the Jedi? (Last post by Joda Sett)
    • That's where I feel the sermon was going, but the definition of sin as a violation of a religious or moral law (Webster's) makes me think more of it.
    • Love vs Attachment (Last post by rugadd)
    • Love, for me, is to appreciate something(or someone) for what it is. In the case of life, it should be nurtured and allowed to grow. Attachment is a liar. It tells you something in your mind that is often quite different from what is happening. The Jedi path is a very personal one. I cannot speak to what would be best for the community.
    • Why Master And Apprentice? (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Sometimes a Master-Apprentice partnership is created between two individuals with like-minded personalities, which allow greater learning to occur for both individuals. Sometimes, a Master-Apprentice relationship is established between opposites, allowing specific 'weakness' to be "ironed out". How can people enjoy forcing other people.. That sounds more like brain washing, forcing someone to learn something as their truth, removes personal opinion. :blush: To say that not being allowed to have opinion creates a barrier between the reality, in a realistic situation where one wants to use the gained knowledge, there will be no alternatives besides the 'model' that was thought! It limits so much.. :dry: It's not about forcing... Different opinions and approaches allow apprentices (and masters!) to learn about themselves (I can remember an almost 2 hour 'discussion' Jestor and I had on one topic). I'm not sure that talking about weaknesses to be ironed out was necessarily the best choice of wording, it's more about apprentices discovering what they can improve on, whether the strategies they have for dealing with topics or situations are good enough, and if there's something they'd like to learn to do they haven't before. Exposing apprentices to new points of view and methods of doing things is, and also helping apprentices to figure these things out for themselves, is one of the purposes of a training master. Apprentices are certainly allowed to have different opinions to their teachers, it wouldn't be teaching if masters were making their apprentices think what they think. Mm.. I was talking about ''ironed out'' part, indeed. There is a difference between correcting, and let the person discover it.. And forcing a person to change.. That was what I tried to say.. Guess I failed to make it understandable :blush:
    • Robes and Sabers (Last post by Airo Faol)
    • Well, the lightsaber may be a symbol. But I'm not that symbolic guy. I only wear a TOTJO charm. Everything else is not an option for me. Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • An ocean surrounded by land: Welcome to the border, I am surrounded here people from east, people from south war rips tolerance out in many pieces they are now totally broken and shattered a small town, a huge camp how.. how can this become balanced? my sea rises, my land moves my shelter island, lost at sea give me a compass Aqua, 30-05-2016
    • TOTJO Clergy Structure (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: don't think you realise but other people (other than the two of us) could not see the comments you've added. Sorry, I did not know other people could not see it.. I am quite new to google drive/hangout.. :blush: Thanks for changing it! :laugh: ~ Aqua

There are 250 visitors, 8 guests and 30 members online (6  in chat): Jestor, Joe, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Khaos, Kit, Avalonslight, Senan, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Aqua, OB1Shinobi, FTPC, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Adi, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, MartaLina, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, FAT, jhannuzs, Ryder, x57z12, TorchandSword, Miss_Leah, CableSteele, Joda Sett, Mehmon, crazycookielady, Rich bushy.

Follow Us