Gray Jedi

Moderators: Desolous, tzb

Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:06 #75734

does anyone happen to have any information on the teachings of the Gray Jedi? I'd be interested to read that.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:48 #75737

Moved this to a more appropriate location. I have not done alot of research on Grey Jedi teachings but can also look up Potentium (another name for the Greys)
Rev. Robert Cannon, OCP B.Div
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of TotJO
Former Apprentices: Knight Cynthia, Knight Alexandre Orion, Knight Reliah
Current Apprentices: Archon, Naya

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 06:13 #75741

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Potentium simply believe in that there is no dark side of the Force. The "Dark Side" comes from the user.

I've seen one image of Jedi, where it says that Grey is what walks in-between and Shadow encompasses it. As far as I understand of Grey Jedi, they are ones who walk a fine line in-between where they do not give into the Dark Side. While a Shadow could be describe as a means to end.

I guess on the version of shades of grey, Shadow Jedi and Grey Jedi can be very different and yet similar. Though to me, they seem one and the same. But I do not know much about "Shadow Aspect" at all. All I know is that it is about wholeness and balance.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:26 #75744

The 'shadow jedi' are just like the light jedi, and the dark. we are (how to put this) we study both aspects of the force, the good and the bad. and so mix white and black and we have gray! a jedi is balanced, or so they should be. and the gray jedi are very balanced as they dont just look at one part, but the whole force. or the whole picture if it is easier to understand. I am a gray jedi but not quite finished yet with my learning so i hope my explanation is helpful
I am Llama

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:32 #75745

you are never finished with your learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:58 #75746

Absalutly true.... But to clarify also on your post having learned both the light and dark side my self over the years as an outside (non-Relgious) force user (untill now), it's the same concept as the ying yang theory where by definition you can't have one without the other, a grey jedi looks at the force/ world as a whole and not from one point of view but from all aspects and angles.

There for a grey jedi is able to look at any situation and call on the force and use it within reasonable limitation and can use any part of the force whether we need to use light or dark side tactics to our advantage.

hope this helps buddy :cheer:
Ryan.
For the Republic! and the Senate!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 11:02 by ryanjg2010.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:03 #75755

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Stand too close to, or too far from a painting and its hard to comprehend the whole...find the right spot in the middle and the whole thing makes sense.

We do what is needed...sometimes its viewed as light....sometimes not so....you cannot have one without the other...

They have a good deal of info on greys in the great jedi holocron...and wookiepedia has some info...or you can peek around and you'll find some of us hanging about...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

"did you ever see a lion stretch before taking down a gazelle?" -tallahassee, zombieland-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru
Semper Fortis
Vis Vobiscum

Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 14:06 by RyuJin.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:40 #75760

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Here is a way I think of it, Grey Jedi are like dogs, closely related to wolves, maybe even half-breeds themselves, but they are not wolves (Dark Aspect). Dogs are not as dangerous to sheep versus wolves.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:50 #75763

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Wolves always get a bad rap...just for doing what nature needs of them....thinning the herd isn't necessarily a bad thing...too many sheep will leave behind a barren field....

Coincidentally my animal spirit is a wolf (I'm part Cheyenne Indian)...I learned about it when I was 15....
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

"did you ever see a lion stretch before taking down a gazelle?" -tallahassee, zombieland-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru
Semper Fortis
Vis Vobiscum

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 15:09 #75765

• Streen
  • ID: 2215
We all follow the Force. Labels only have whatever meaning we give them. In the end, we're all just spiritual people.
Aharon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wendaline
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • IP discussion area (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • Thanks for being honest. From what I know reading up on it, you can continue to study without having to be promoted to Knight. You'd have to work that out with whoever you would like to study under. I myself would have no problem with it
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I got not one but two call backs regarding applications I submitted. One is for a professional level job and other would be a part time cleaning job (but it would mean I could go from eating one meal a day to two). Happy as fork. ;)
    • Is the world getting worse than ever? (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Japan Times tends to give the world stage their time. But there are a lot of other internal issues that go on in Japan which need attention. Like Futenma, which doesn't need to be there (seriously, where that base is located is horrible for the residents in the area, and Kadena more than makes up for it's "need") Although the Japanese tend to close themselves off, it's also of note that they flourish as a country that is not really seen in other multi-cultural areas around the world. It's probably the only country that can pull that off because of where it is located. It's also not big enough for them to let everyone in. I, personally, think they are the most healthy nation (socially speaking) on earth because they are mostly closed off. They can't afford to hate one another. Everything they do is meant to contribute back to their society, and they do it with great detail to their work. I mean, no other country can literally turn bagging McDonalds food into a perfect art form. I swear the photos of the burgers you see at your local McDonalds were taken in Japan. And they even perfected the french fry (practically no grease)! That said, Japan Times tends to give the world news the attention it warrants. Although America and other large countries like ours would benefit from laws like those in Japan, the reality is Japan is an Island nation and can pull it off. We are pretty much on large lands with plenty of border space occupied around us. The same laws wouldn't really get us anywhere, it would just give us a lot more illegal immigration. Which isn't good for the economy, or whatever the nation's debt crisis is. The Japanese culture affords them protections that our multi-cultural system exposes. Japan even outclasses the west in many research and development arenas. That said, I could see an argument for being closed-minded out of North Korea, but that's also it's own dynamic. It's really hard to understand everything else around you when you're abused into submitting to a dictator. So I'm not entirely sure if Japan is the exception to the rule, or if there are too many rules to measure cultures closed off to media exposure.
    • Apology (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i didnt want to post again in the WHAT I APPRECIATE thread, but i appreciate this apology Silas Mercury, a d since i seem so quick to explain why you are wrong about this or that, let me also explain what it is that i appreciate about what youve done here first of all, i dont really think your question was that big of a deal: distasteful, yes, for those who understand the significance of it, but its actually a pretty common kind of thing to wonder about, especially at younger ages i believe you asked out of youthful curiosity, not deliberate callousness- and i happen to be a big fan of curiosity, for all ages what you apology signifies to me is that you arent callous, not really - you do actually care, and you do want to be a part of a community now, its just the simple truth that youve collected some silly ideas, but we all do that, all of us, and the best cure for it is to become acquanited with new ideas, become like an idea adventurer, and idea pirate, always looking for new plunder lol, and for that you are definitely in the right place but the place wouldnt matter if you were the kind of person who really didnt care and didnt want to improve this apology suggests to me that you do, and even though i give you a hard time, i think that you (you, the real person, the one underneath all those ideas) are probably ok, and im glad you are here
    • What I Appreciate About You! (Last post by Codex)
    • You are Jedi at TOTJO since 2010. It requires a strong attitude to follow your own time for lessons. I really appreciate that, Manu! :blush:
    • Reminder: TOTJO is global, not just American (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • Murasaki, I'm sorry that you have come across the sort of Americans you have, but we are all not arrogant or ignorant. I would ask that stereotyping not be utilized. And if I can just say, this thread was a request by Proteus that we remember the global reach of this forum and to frame our posts with that in mind, but it is not an excuse to bash the USA
    • Give this place some credit (Last post by Adder)
    • Not this Jedi forum AFAIK though? Many members here are members at previous forums or other forums, and sometimes there is cross talk about issues from the wider community. This is the best one though #biased :woohoo:
    • Reflections (Last post by WillowC)
    • I'm getting MPA in Health and Human Services. It is very interesting. :)
    • Favourite words (Last post by Goken)
    • My themes are generally only for me. I don't expect others to follow. :)

There are 140 visitors, 4 guests and 32 members online (9  in chat): Alethea Thompson, Jestor, Sven One, Adder, Garwa Mayharr, Darren, Proteus, Reacher, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Lykeios, Brenna, Llama Su, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Jamie Stick, Codex, MrBruno, Atticus, Russ40K, Adi, Tellahane, MadHatter, Kyrin Wyldstar, JamesSand, Snowy Aftermath, josephbrotzman1997, Rex, Leah Starspectre, Sephiroth_deus, Luce Stellare, Jutus.

Follow Us