Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su

"Shut up. Stop. Stop waiting for" [anyone] "to tell you why you're here. Stop waiting for anyone to tell you why before you start. Stop waiting for meaningful work. Go do work that makes meaning. Don't wait to be assigned a role or a goal. Go and do.

Take a second, look around, find a place where what you are or do fills a hole, and go fill it. Stop waiting for the entire solution before you start. And no whining.

How, you ask? You're smart. Work it out."
~Cabur Senaar~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Heaven, Hell, Re-incarnation? (Last post by Khaos)
    • As I said, its in my will. When I had a child, I had a will done. I dont have to wait for death to know what will be done with my meat suit when I am dead. Only those without a will, will have to wonder.
    • A Simple Question (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: Again and again students ask, "What is Buddha?" The Masters' seemingly nonsensical responses have survived over the centuries, often as koans. What is Buddha? "Three pounds of flax." Tung-Shan "Dried shitstick." Yun-men "This very mind." Ma-Tsu "Not mind, not Buddha." Ma-Tsu "What is not the Buddha?" Nan-Yang Hut-Chung "The cat is climbing up the post." Pa-Chiao Hui-Ch'ing "I never knew him." Nan-Yang Hut-Chung "Wait until there is one, for then I will tell you." Nan-Yang Hut-Chung "A new bride rides a donkey, the mother-in-law leads it." Shou-Shan "When you utter the name of Buddha, wash out your mouth." Zen Saying "Look within, thou art Buddha." The Voice of Silence
    • Musings of a Madman (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: Do you think the universe expanded at the speed of light? Faster, actually. Scientists are suggesting now that the speed of light is slowing down. Google "speed of light slowing down". You'll see what I mean :)
    • Physical temple (Last post by Bareus)
    • The force is everywhere Wich means that the world is our temple, places such as temples dedicated to jediism would of course be a good idea. But not a need. We have managed to come this far without a physical one, let's hope we'll manage a while longer however.. it would be cool if we had a place to perform sermons and such
    • Voting for a Jediism section on there. (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Quote: My somewhat limited understanding is that TOTJO is the main organization. Are there one or two other key "competing" groups, or is TOTJO basically the only legitimate group on the map? Could I ask you why you think this is? There's a distinct lack of written history on this order and others That is actually not entirely accurate :) I have written quite extensively on the history (Though it is not yet complete due to how much history there is to wade through) :: ......and Others have discussed it as well. If you type "Jedi Living" into Youtube you will find the blogger that discusses the history as well. The reason why the Jedi Community dosn't have as good of a web base as TOTJO has is mainly due to Facebook. Once Facebook came out...everyone Migrated there. Forums are a thing of the past these days. Though some of us do still try to establish proper web and offline mediums. Just have to do your research ;) Just my opinion, but most Jedi groups are not about self improvement, nor helping others improve... Some are, we (TOTJO) are, but not all are... Facebook is a joke, and any thing on it is too... It is a tool... It allows for little actual improvement (self or otherwise)... And allows for a whole bunch of bickering, and less positive movement than the 'less serious' websites.. Again, in my thinking, it is why the surviving sites are still forums... It is very unlikely that anything 'fruitful', or beneficial will come from Facebook... But, time will tell... As for the Jedi history, there are some versions out there... This is not aimed at Kitsu, lol, I was just thinking while reading.... I often wonder how "uncolored" the accounts are... I've seen some bickering over "this" and "that" parts of the history, lol... Lol, then I remember why I disliked history so much in school, its always colored... lol... "History is written by the winners", they say.. Maybe the "survivors", lol... I (and others, lol) have pestered Br. John for a history of TOTJO, and there is a partial around here somewhere... As our founder, we were looking for his version... But, I quit pestering him, because a Jedi lives in the present... Now, we do have to have an eye on the past, and an eye on the future, our attention is in the NOW... We (the Jedi community) have had our ups and downs, good times and bad.... I'm more concerned on where we are going, than where we've been... :)
    • a new toy for fitness (Last post by RyuJin)
    • actually it begins by saying "ready, fight".... you can find them at walmart...i don't know if they have that store in brazil
    • 2015-2016 Sermon Schedule (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • Bump! We've still got a lot of sermon spots available. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have to say. Let me know via pm if you want to be put on the calendar
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by Yabuturtle)
    • Quote: I don't dismiss conspiracy theorists outright, there's always a lot of shady stuff going on, in fact I've been attacked for being a 9/11 "truther" (how wanting to seek out the truth became a bad thing is beyond me), I just understand from my own experience that one needs to be careful how deep one peers into the rabbit-hole before one falls in. 9/11 traumatized me to a degree where I spent over a decade an absolute wreck of anxiety and fear of my own government. Even now that I have overcome the obsession of digging through information (and misinformation) trying desperately to learn a whole picture of "the truth", I still have bouts of anxiety. Meditation and focus on the grander scale of life over the millennia and eons before and after human existence have helped me to gain some perspective, and calm those inner obsessions. I don't want any single person on this planet to have to suffer, and knowing that it happens at the hands of manipulators who use entire nations like chess pieces is hard enough, but then you add misinformation campaigns into the mix and it becomes nearly impossible to tell fact from fiction. So instead I tend to focus on truth, and the truth is that there have always been places and times where sinister schemes were carried out by people with power, and there likely always will be. And if it ever seems like "they" are winning (again falling into us vs. them thinking) it's only a swing of the pendulum; it always swings back around. When people do "evil" things (so to speak), it is because they are ignorant of their own true nature, and there will always be ignorance. The thing is it always bothers me whenever I try asking questions. Whenever someone questions the official story, you see the media and the people have this "How dare you question your government?" mentality? I thought it was good to ask questions but apparently now that seems to be looked down upon. And really world domination isn't really much of a stretch considering almost every major empire in history has attempted to do that in the past. And also it's rather practical to fabricate some things. I mean that's old trick civilizations used before. You create a problem, than you step up with a "solution" to the problem you created and so people will look toward you and do pretty much anything to have this solution, even if it means giving up your freedoms. People will wonder why haven't they forced everyone in submission, but the thing is force really isn't that effective. For one thing, there's way more civilians than military folk and when you use force, the people fight back and eventually take back what was stolen from them. But tricking the people into being disarmed and giving up their freedoms is more effective and practical even if it takes longer. Freedoms can never be taken away unless the people willingly give them away. And as for information, that's a strategy they like to use is to overload the people with so much information and sometime put out half truths out there so people won't know what's true or false though.
    • What are you reading right now? (Last post by Almeida)
    • Quote: Just finished The Alchemist. Read it in two nights. Have to say it was one of the greatest fiction books I've ever read. It's unlike most others; the author never flushes anything out in detail. The story is very simple, written like a child's fable. But it's such a wonderful story with many elements that could be applied to Jediism. Is it the Paulo Coelho one? The translator saved the job, since the English version is better than the Portuguese one, with the absurd quantity of grammar mistakes he commits.
    • For the love of analog (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Never had the reflexes for it myself Oh sorry to hear. I don't know how bad it is for you, but for non-DJ's that is why electronic music is so useful, because you can just manually beat mix existing songs (in unique ways) which have all the good stuff and not worry about actually fiddling with knobs or scratching to master the output so much :silly: I was never a DJ, I just liked making tracks dance :woohoo:

There are 929 visitors, 6 guests and 23 members online (none in chat): Jedi_Roz, ren, Lightstrider, Wescli Wardest, Takenobo, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Metsu Desal, Khaos, Rickie, KageKeeper, Kohadre, Neytiri, Edan, Senan, Zenchi, Cabur Senaar, Cyan Sarden, joseaplaza, Tellahane, Htims Giarc, Mael, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, Breeso, Voidcub, Dariax, akatsuki.

Follow Us