Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah, Edan

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su. Kitsu Tails

Liz Gilbert: In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you. ~Eat, Pray, Love~

Bella Swan: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age. And at a certain age, the child is grown and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." ~Twilight~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Aqua, V-Tog, Apprenticeship, 2016 (Last post by Senan)
    • Congrats Aqua! You have a very capable Master in V-Tog and I know you will both benefit greatly. I look forward to working along side you. :cheer:
    • Add Chomsky to the Initiate Program (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: Quote: To answer some questions: The purpose of adding Chomsky is to train your mind. It teaches you how to focus. It gives you knowledge, and wisdom. He's been called one of the greatest intellectuals of our time. Of course you can find a lot of political comments from him but that's because he is always being asked to comment on them. He has also a vast amount of writing that isn't political commentary. For example: 1. Consent can be manufactured. Knowing this and studying it would give you the ability to see through a lot of BS and focus more clearly on the issue at hand. 2. The responsibility of intellectuals. Knowing this would give you the inner compulsion to speak up. What you say Whyte is fair enough - however I'd argue that Krishnamurti in 'Freedom from the Known' squarely addresses your first bullet point straight up in Chapter 2 of the book. And his message is that its not just consent that can be manufactured . . . He has much to say on responsibility too in Chapter 1 (and Chapter 2 a little further too). That book appears in many apprenticeships and is lesson 2 in seminary training. Its in the library if you haven't already read it :) I'm not familiar with that one, so thank you for pointing it out. Maybe we could add that into the IP in one of the sections and then throw in chomsky as bonus material, something like that
    • Jediism... Religion, Chioce or Philosophy.... (Last post by JLSpinner)
    • I had a conversation the other day trying to describe my view of the force. It ended with my friend classifying my belief as a monotheic paganism. At first I gave him a strange look but he wasn't too far off the mark. The force is nature. And I do seek to connect with it, be guided by it, and to use it. For me Jediism ediism is a religion.
    • A path before/alongside jediism? (Last post by Figment)
    • For me Jediism is more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a religion. I consider myself a Pagan, more specifically a Greek Pagan, but I do "borrow" things from other faiths and practices that best suit me and where I want to go in life. Jedi code and philosophy work well with my Pagan beliefs. Honestly I can't think of a faith where Jediism would contradict any religion's core beliefs, I think it would enhance your spiritual practices more than take away from them.
    • Blasphemy! (Last post by Manu)
    • From Wikipedia, the etymology of the word Blasphemy: Quote: The word "blasphemy" came via Middle English blasfemen and Old French blasfemer and Late Latin blasphemare from Greek βλασφημέω, from βλάπτω "injure" and φήμη "utterance, talk, speech". From blasphemare also came Old French blasmer, from which English "blame" came. Blasphemy: 'from Gk. blasphemia "a speaking ill, impious speech, slander," from blasphemein "to speak evil of."'[8] "In the sense of speaking evil of God this word is found in Ps. 74:18; Isa. 52:5; Rom. 2:24; Rev. 13:1, 6; 16:9, 11, 21. It denotes also any kind of calumny, or evil-speaking, or abuse (1 Kings 21:10 LXX; Acts 13:45; 18:6, etc.)." Also the actual definition, again from Wikipedia: Quote: Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God or towards religious or holy persons or things, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable Since in the Force we are all one, all things and all persons can be said to be sacred, inviolable, God. Thus, stating an idea that counters another idea by definition cannot be blasphemy, as both ideas are sacred. If all is sacred, then the only part of the definition for Blasphemy we are left with is "the act of insulting or showing contempt", so blasphemy doesn't lie in what you say, but how you say it. Want to question the Jedi code? Good, go for it. Want to question the material in the IP? Excellent! Want to question the sermons or any other material? No problem. The only conflict arises from being injurious, from acting deliberately offensive. This injurious attitude, this dis-acknowledgement of the divinity and equality of those around us, is the only thing that can be destructive, in my opinion.
    • Reiki (Last post by EmKat)
    • I have my Reiki I and my Celtic Reiki I attunements, and I only use them on myself. For me, the techniques taught seem to be about channelling the Force in a way that makes sense to the practitioner. If Reiki doesn't make sense to you, don't use it, but don't piss in the proverbial cornflakes of those who do find understanding and connection through it. However, it is perfectly fair to challenge people who cause harm using Reiki as an excuse. If someone claims Reiki is a miracle cure, or that it has an ancient, pure lineage, then question them. I want to be in tune with the Force, and Reiki training gave me a way to do that though I used different language at the time. I work shamanically, so it makes sense to me.
    • Jedi Code Meditation (Last post by EmKat)
    • I haven't been able to comment on this until today, but thank you tzb for this meditation. I've been doing it every few days, and it helped me decide to explore Jediism.
    • Team E - 100 days of discipline (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Checkin in for day 30 (and the 10-ish before that :-) Was on vacation last week. Kept up with the meditation and (mostly) the food, but have to admit that I slacked on the sports. I was going to do some cross-country skiing in Austria, but the weather was god-awful plus my kid got sick and threw up during the entire stay, so I couldn't do anything, except for some light walking :-/ Trying to make up for it over the next few weeks!
    • Edan`s question round: Unanswered questions of Aqu... (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: Thank you for your time to respond and to find research about my question! I do not want to have a heart attack again, but that is actually not my trouble point I try to explain. I am searching to understand how to change my meditation learning and doing, dependent to the situation I am in. I do not have stress, it is just that I do not always feel comfortable in the way I do meditation, mainly because meditation needs to flow with the situation to be of use in changing the situation. Not sure how I should manage to do that, so that is one of the reasons I asked these questions if I may speak out free. ~ Aqua Oh, well then you probably need to do meditation while active. It's a skill that you first learn in a controlled environment and then get good enough to do it in an uncontrolled environment. I got quite good at this in Thailand because we would have the monks come to the school every Wed and we, as teachers, had to monitor the students while trying to meditate. Also on Tuesdays they did some catholic prayer. same-same but different. So the first time I did the meditation I just really go into it and let the other teachers monitor for me. The next time I meditated but opened my eyes periodically to see the students. Eventually I could just walk around and meditate and then life becomes one big meditation whenever you need it.
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • My new signature, with the text: ,,Discipulus de V'' Means ''Student/companion of V''. Discipulus is the male latin word for student. I hope I wrote it correctly, not 100% sure, but I like the Idea though! Worked this out after I wrote the poem.. :blush: Force shine with you all, ~ Aqua [image]

There are 154 visitors, 9 guests and 43 members online (12  in chat): Jestor, J_Roz, Dechlain, Lightstrider, Adhara, rugadd, meatloaf, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alan, PatrickB, Lykeios, Whyte Horse, Kamizu, Kohadre, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, Namid, Goken, Aqua, MrBruno, Loudzoo, JLSpinner, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, MartaLina, Brick, cmwatts, Cofelsy, oblivion blockade, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Reindeer, Snowy Aftermath, Jax_Elk, ShannonMCD, jpadkins, Cenrus Kuno, Rider Black, Christopher.Miller, Aspen Evenstaad, Kajak-Da, Riyuma, FAT, Chuy, Nophatus, S.C. Funk.

Follow Us