Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su

"You must keep only don’t-know, always and everywhere. Then you will soon get enlightenment. But be very careful not to want enlightenment. Only keep don’t-know mind. Your situation, your condition, your opinions — throw them all away." ~Soen-sa~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Quel est l'importance de l'intuition chez un Jedi?... (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Thanks Adder for your answer, very rich in terms of thought. I apologize about my translation, I think in French and try to rephrase in English after. Tell me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying some things I think for a long time: That instinct is linked to will, emotions and to act. And that intuition is rather related perceptions of our mind, and that inter-acts with the reasoning, memory and term awarness. Is this is what one must understand from some parts of your comments Adder? Yes I think that is an accurate reading of those parts. A very interesting topic, I'll be reading more of all this, thanks again!!
    • The Sith Creed and How It Actually Helps Me? (Last post by Adder)
    • I think we'd be less concerned about the label which works best for you, and more interested in what it means to you ie the things you do, not what you call it. I have some stuff in my journal which I've called Sith, and no-one batted an eyelid at it (that I knew about). For me its about sacrifice, and in particular self sacrifice which I define as integral to passion and that is how/where it hooked into/connected with the Sith material out there. It was strictly an inner thing for me too. In regards to the bifurcated concept of the Force, it depends on the individuals working definitions of Force, Light and Dark most primarily.... we all tend to have a slightly different view, but I guess its not the things which separate us which define us so much, but the things which bring us together!? :lol:
    • Gregg Braden talk about heart energy field, The fo... (Last post by Tombe)
    • I like this video goes for 30 minutes. Is about the human heart energy field & how we can use our mind & heart energy field to talk to a great field some scientists call God's mind or the field. Is a field that binds all atoms. The force? Then there is this one for 4 hours deeper explanation, is good view! Any thoughts? 1st you must know what heart energy field is when you pump it up, then you must learn how to send it to where you want like to a pain in your body, then perhaps out side your body!
    • Jedi "Bible" (Last post by Br. John)
    • There's also The Way of Jediism. See:
    • Mental Tutaminis (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Mental Tutaminis While the abilities of the Star Wars Jedi are clearly a work of fiction there is something we can learn from them. Today I will cover the idea of Tutaminis. This was a Jedi and Sith art of redirecting or absorbing energy that might harm them. Examples can be seen via deflecting blaster bolts with bare hands or Yoda's display of absorbing and ground Darth Tyranus's force lightning attack when saving Obi Wan and Anakin So how is this fictional concept of any use to the actual Jedi of the temple? Well look at it this way. When it comes to negative mental and emotional energies we can let them harm us or use our own brand of Tutaminis to deal with them. Rather then let such negative energy damage us let us look at how we can use this fictional art for practical means. The first option is redirecting the energy. Rather then let it fester or cause us pain take that negative energy and direct it towards something positive. As an example let us say you do not like the body image you see in the mirror. Rather then let that eat at you direct that energy to a work out or looking up a healthy diet for yourself. Use it to motivate you to act to improve yourself rather then hurt you. The other option is to absorb the negative energy and ground it out. For example if its a situation you cannot change and must just accept. Pointing to myself I am short standing on five foot two inches. This is not exactly fun as a guy and has been a source of annoyance and bullying for me. So I could be upset and let it fester. Or I can look at it, accept that its true and cant be changed and then come up with ways to deal with the inconvenience of never being able to reach the top shelf. The goal of this art is to take that which can rot and harm you from the inside out and turn it towards a positive end or at least figure out how to accept the negatives we cannot change. Now there are pleanty of martial arts that could be considered physical Tutaminis but that is beyond the scope of this paper and beyond my skill to get into them and the various pros and cons. The final message I will leave you with is when faced with a problem or pain is it a necessity to attack it head on and seeks its destruction? At times yes, but Jedi do not kill or destroy without reason and without attempting peaceful means first. So why not break out your Tutaminis and redirect or absorb rather then break down? I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject or methods you use to redirect negativity. Further discussion could even cover social Tutaminis sometimes called verbal Judo. I look forward to your input and May the Force be with you.
    • Questions that have crossed my mind about Jediism (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • 1. What are the main goals of Jediism? What is it's view on the Force or is it up to the individual to decide? To live by the Jedi Path. The Jedi Path isn't about you, it's about what you can do for the world around you by improving you. 2. What are it's views on marriage? Find a partner that you can have a healthy relationship with, live your life. If you need help because things turn badly, seek it out. Etc, etc. Really we don't have anything concrete like "Thou shalt not divorce!" 3. Do Jedi here believe in telekinesis? If so, do they practice it? I hear some have practiced or at least have an interest in it. do they believe in any spiritual or mind powers? I'm just going to leave this here 4. What are it's views on other religions and can you be both a Jedi and belong to another faith? Absolutely, I'm Christian Jedi, there are many Pagan Jedi, and we even have Atheists Jedi. :) Actually ToTJO is unique in the fact that we have forums to help people better explore those areas of our lives through the Jedi Path. :) It's allowed elsewhere, but nothing quite as organized. :) 5. Do any practice any form of hypnosis? I know real Jedi don't emulate the Jedi from the films in every single way, but aside from telekinesis, it reminds of when the Jedi use the Jedi Mind Trick and how helps get them out of sticky situations. Very few do, but we have at least one that I can think of off the top of my head. 6. What martial art do Jedi here usually do? Up to the individual, though it seems to be a better received as "Choose a Defense Art" which spans all sorts of areas, to include those which are physically non-combative in nature (an example being that you become a lawyer, or you can even find it through journalism, art, etc) 7. What are the views on the afterlife? Is there a specific realm or do they wander as spirits, guiding and watching over others? Varies from person to person based on their experiences, and sometimes based on their primary faith. Not all who are Jedi ascribe to it as their religion. 8. Are there any physical Jedi temples in any part of the world? No, but we do have offline meetings, some more regular than others. 9. If the believe there's a dark side, how does one sense it? Some believe in a dark side, some believe it is a facet of society's understanding for right and wrong, but isn't inherent in "the Force". If you can't tell, we're quite flexible. 10. How can you tell if someone is strong in the Force? What RyuJin said
    • Your Inner Council: What is it and how to develop ... (Last post by Adder)
    • Robert H Goddard replaced the Catholic upbringing Jesus & God for me when I was young :lol: I haven't really done it since, until more recently when I did some work with the identity of Gampopa. I got some good results with this, including actual visions and strange dreams (by my standards). I don't do it otherwise, preferring to view things in energetic dynamic system terms rather then personalities, but think its an interesting exercise with real potentials.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • I'm grateful for many things... I just can't think of any of them right now, so here's my 'placeholder' post. You'll have to imagine them all :)
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • Stop taking out the video lectures and giving us pdfs of power point presentations in their place. We should be getting both, so where are they?

There are 3231 visitors, 11 guests and 13 members online (none in chat): Br. John, ren, Adder, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Metsu Desal, Edan, tzb, SeventhSL, Dessel761, Tombe, Plasmawiz, Tellahane, Ufon, MadHatter, Kikyo, Pèlerin, ianws, WarFightersBias, A_Hopeful_Hobo.

Follow Us