Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Here for almost 4 years, gone for just over 2 years, back again. Merry met :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discordor, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • "Five Love Languages" (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • I just got out of a relationship which lasted almost exactly a year. Quote: 1. Words of Affirmation: Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. I didn't realize how much I needed positive feedback until I started this job. I would do anything for my managers because they praise my efforts. I realized that if you want me around, you have to tell me. The reason my romantic relationship lasted as long as it did was because of the sweet things he said. Quote: 4. Acts of Service: Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most wants to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter. This is a huge one for me. Actually showing me instead of just telling me is so important. And this was the reason that relationship ended. He would say he was going to do something, then not follow through. And he'd even go out of his way to find things that I didn't even know I needed done, which was great, but just wouldn't follow through on what he said. And I dislike receiving gifts... it makes me feel like they think I'm too pathetic to buy my own things, or like they're trying to buy me, like they think I owe them something. Don't even buy my lunch. I'm not interested. I'm sure this comes from my experience with years and years of poverty, but I don't care. If I couldn't afford to pay for my own meal and movie, I wouldn't be here. If I wanted a bracelet, I'd buy it myself. Buying me things is actually a REALLY good way to drive me off. That's another reason that relationship ended. He refused to understand that I didn't want him to buy me things. To send me another present after I have said a hundred times how I don't want it shows a level of insensitivity that is a real turn off.
    • Initiation programme (Last post by Alan)
    • To state that myth is just a bunch of stories (and unbelievable stories at that!) is analogous to saying that a painting by da Vinci is just pigment on canvas or that a sculpture is merely chopped stone. Granted, those myths which do not express our beliefs may be unbelievable but myth by definition is not merely a story. Some definitions of myth: Myth is a traditional narration regarding the nature of the sacred. Myth is a narrative account of the origin of the symbol. Myth is the narrative embodiment of an idea. Myth narrates a sacred history. Myth tells of an event in primordial time. Myth narrates how reality itself or a part of reality came into existence. Myth is a narrative that is expressed in a culturally specific verbal envelope describing a form of life that is felt and lived. The mythic person says, “That myth is true for me because it tells the story of how and why the world is the way it is.” Myths can be known, experienced, lived in the sense that one is seized by the sacred in the re-enactment of the primordial event (ritual). Myth is neither fiction and nor the opposite of fact. Myth is a “traditional narration which relates to events that happened at the beginning of time and which has the purpose of providing grounds for the ritual actions of men of today and, in a general manner, establishing all the forms of action and thought by which man understands himself in his world.” (Paul Ricoeur, The Symbolism of Evil, p. 5)
    • At Edan's request: (Last post by Deno)
    • Same, beautiful couple, love and light and best wishes, Dreams do and can come true, perfect example :-)
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Search the unreachable eye: The lost searching cloud, far out of reach evaporated and gone, lost till now a path for answers under the air I will seek my last solid border far below comfort, the unknown world I descend below I will realize under my tube, out of reach I look up, see my eye silence of the storm Aqua, 28-04-2016 [image]
    • Chaos, yet Harmony (Last post by MAGNUS)
    • I'm ignorant of the specific situations you're speaking of, but I also reflect on my actions throughout the day in terms of the Jedi doctrine, and a couple more pieces of it came to mind as I read the original post. Teaching 13. Jedi cultivate empathy. We try to view things from another’s perspective making us sensitive listeners. We provide the confidence people need when talking through their difficulties and we share our learning with those who would benefit. We do this to help create a more harmonious society. If those involved had been listening and making attempts to understand, each other's view, maybe it would not have reached the point of harsh words being exchanged. Pure Motive: To act with motive and purpose. Without a sound motive and purpose, action has no meaning, no destination and lacks a foundation. A Jedi moves with the Force, trusts in its ways. A Jedi’s actions are firmly based upon a deep motivation to be as their path dictates. What ends is accomplished by lashing out? What's the motive and purpose of arguing in this way? Just my own thoughts based on your description x57. Thank you for reminding us all we do fall short of the ideal at times.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by tzb)
    • Grateful for the lives lived within meditation. Today I caught a glimpse of my children as happy adults. Yes, probably just my understimulated mind engaging with my unbidden thoughts of them and how they're growing. No less grateful to put my arms around the shoulders of my son, now a boy of 4, there a man of my age.
    • Team E - 100 days of discipline (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • To bring this (e.g. the reporting) to some conclusion: Life got in my way - not necessarily in terms of doing the exercises. I still do my meditation pretty much every day, I still keep to eating healthier and to exercise more. Turns out that reporting every day was much more of a challenge than doing the challenges I've set myself. What I've learned: - behavioral changes are hard, but doable. Especially in a supportive environment like this one - doing things (like daily reporting) is easy in the beginning, when it's exciting, but once it becomes routine, things are more difficult, especially if other changes in your life demand your full attention. I've gone through a phase with extreme workloads over the last few weeks and I was so exhausted in the evening that I simply lacked the energy to report back. It has been a fantastic experience though, not the least because of you guys here, and I'll likely continue the challenge way beyond the 100 days. Also, I'm up for another challenge, should the idea pop up again in the future - and at that time I'll pay more attention to the reporting part.

There are 207 visitors, 7 guests and 30 members online (5  in chat): Br. John, Firewolf, Manu, J_Roz, Trisskar, Adder, V-Tog, Rosalyn J, PatrickB, rrhodes67, Kit, Jamie Stick, Goken, den385, Atticus509, Adi, MadHatter, Gwinn, AveryR1988, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Ryder, Jamie Kay, Luke Earthwalker, londors, Volk, Golem, Orrimaarko, StarrShyne, Akayuki, jonnyh76, Engdi Rokin, Katrin.

Follow Us