Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Desolous, tzb

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Here for almost 4 years, gone for just over 2 years, back again. Merry met :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discordor, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Your Jediism "Holy Books" (Last post by Proteus)
    • The Little Prince (Antoine De Saint-Exupery) "Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Winnie The Pooh (A. A. Milne) (The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff works fine too) "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?” ~Pooh" Through The Looking Glass (Lewis Carroll) “I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then” The Wizard of Oz (L. Frank Baum) ”You have plenty of courage, I am sure,” answered Oz. “All you need is confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty.”
    • My 3-year-old brother doing telekinesis (Last post by Connor L.)
    • From my point of view, it could be clever BS. I have never witnessed magical powers. And, I don't really care to. It doesn't really interest me because I don't believe it's possible. However, regardless of my view, it COULD be possible. So, I keep an open mind, but I also don't seek it. I'm only interested in what was given to me in my life.
    • What's your Poketeam? (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I dont play but i would go for team Instinct , i remember when i was pregnant i was very aware of what i ate and how my moods were , i lived healthy and had lots of walks , i talked to my baby and everything , i used to sit in the bath and feel her swimming around so yeah , i tried to hatch my egg so to say in the most perfect circumstances so i pull strongly towards the Yellow team :laugh: [image]
    • So, I really hate exercise.. (Last post by Luthien)
    • I also hate running. In fact, one of the few times I do, it's because of military testing requirements. Other than that, I scarcely run. I've found that high-intensity, short-timed workout sessions do many things for me that running doesn't, including: - None of the workouts last more than 30 minutes (20 minutes, on average). - Strength and endurance increases. - Most of the exercises are bodyweight (lower impact on joints). - End up feeling beat, yet refreshed. - Only three workouts per week. - Metabolism gets a boost. - Wastes less time; more time for rest and recovery (my favorite). Of course, I can only vouch for this as anecdotal, since not everybody's body functions in the same capacity. I'll just say that I was doing poorly, fitness-wise (Satisfactory, nearly Unsatisfactory for my fitness test), and after three months of focused intensity, I got an Excellent rating for my next fitness test; no running involved. Take it as you will. I hope this helps. If you need any ideas for workouts, let me know. :)
    • Free Artwork Services (Last post by Cayce)
    • Hey all, I greatly enjoy image maniuplation, cleanup, and re-drawing. It's part of my current job, and I love taking low resolution images and making them crystal clear again. Because of this, I thought I'd offer my services for free to all Temple members! Are you working on a new meditation video and you need a crisp and clear logo created from an amazing, but fuzzy logo you found ages ago? Did you need a logo for a journal or project converted into a vectored image which can be scaled to any size while being crisp and clear? I'll take a shot at it for you! ~ Artwork Services ~ 1. Image Up-scaling / Enlargement. This is TRUE up-scaling. Example 1 (Pre): [image] Example 2 (Post): [image] 2. Converting filetypes. Any type of graphics file converted to any format you need. For example, .JPG to .PDF. 3. Converting rastered images to vectorized images. Example 1 (Pre, Rastered): [image] Example 2 (Post, Vectored): [image] 4. Miscellaneous adjustments. Color balancing, enhancement, desaturation, etc. Just ask! All requests and final versions of artwork will be posted here for record keeping, unless you request a private alteration, which I'm still happy to provide. Thanks for reading, let me know if I can be of assistance! [image]
    • Meditation (Last post by Cayce)
    • Whenever I can is honestly the best answer. Still don't have a set schedule, as I'm all around the place these days. But, I make time. Even if I book a meeting room at work for 15-30 mins, and sit inside, there's always a bit of time in your day for it. Lately I've been using the MHK Mindfullness and Guided Meditation app (free), as it has short, very thought out meditations that work extremely well for me. As for position, it depends on my mental state. If I'm wide awake, or energetic, I'll close my eyes and sit lotus in a chair/against a wall. If I'm tired though, I keep my eyes half open, in a relaxed state, same poses.
    • Something waiting in the bushes of Love (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: just thought I'd bump this up to get it back into everyone's head. :laugh: I feel like this could be the Jedi equivalent of being Rick-Rolled You're welcome Thank you darling , just as i was giving up hope :laugh:
    • TOTJO Clergy Structure (Last post by Aqua)
    • * 'Atticus' moved to the 'Minister' key; * All relevant promotions of rank-, administrative-, office-, and mentions of clerical nature, added. ~ Aqua
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Day 2 What i want to add is that i try to block out what some people write on the internetz , that goes from childish rants to condesending replies to that , to people who i dont see getting involved but who whine about those who do?? They might not have the social skills yet but i would rather know what they have to say than to deal with some peoples arrogant silence , and how exactly do you feel "connected" more? I always thought the whole idea of connectivity is to accept eachother as we are even if we dont agree ? Ah well ,...you get the picture May the Force be with you ALL ( not just the ones who say what we want to hear ;) ) * wishes she was not so good with people sometimes loll *
    • Jedi do not smoke. (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I think you are really brave , what really helped me too is to avoid alcohol as much as i could which was surprisingly easy to do, the two were closely knit together , i also did everything i did before , so when friends went outside to smoke i went with them , which was a challenge at first , but it felt sooo good to refuse the cigarettes offered :) Good luck friend i have great faith in you :cheer:
    • Action !! (Last post by Ryder)
    • If anybody could take it seriously, I suppose it could be ceremonial. :)

There are 125 visitors, 8 guests and 42 members online (one in chat): Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Guardianofwinds, Jestor, Lightstrider, Connor L., Proteus, V-Tog, rugadd, PatrickB, Khaos, Vusuki, rrhodes67, Archon, Kit, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Aqua, Tarran, Loudzoo, Adi, Tellahane, MadHatter, Cayce, MartaLina, AveryR1988, Kyrin Wyldstar, Rex, Ryder, Codama, x57z12, whitelotus, Leah Starspectre, Ryuda, Rahatha, Lancer, NightHawk108, DEEZYGAINS, Rastaqwere, Will.

Follow Us