Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Desolous, tzb

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Here for almost 4 years, gone for just over 2 years, back again. Merry met :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discordor, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Public Relations and Marketing Assistant
Librarian
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Round Table: School of Life (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • Hiya, I notice that the School of Life thread is pretty popular! I'd like to take some time to discuss some of the nuggets from there in this thread. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to join. We can start with the most recent one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRk7VFLH-aE
    • Reflections (Last post by Atticus)
    • Best wishes on your new adventure. What are you studying?
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Atticus)
    • Grateful for a cold beer on a hot day, for an unexpected but welcome break in my schedule tomorrow, and for Marta Lina's GIFs.
    • Are You A Patriot? (Last post by Adder)
    • Patriotism v Nationalism - interesting consideration. I feel like the former is the values around which the country has its laws and culture orientated over time (and therefore inherently internal) while nationalism is the comparison of those things against other nations, basically. So nationalism then perhaps might be when patriotism interacts with international law, or more practically patriotism does not need to be exclusive from other sets of culture and law, while nationalism might tend to as part of its nature to identify itself as a separate nation. Case in point, a lot of the patriotism in Reacher's linked video could easily be held by many other nation's as the same values - and to hold them doesn't make a person 'American' because of that fact. While nationalism is probably differentiated by including those uniquely national elements which specifically can contrast that nation from others. So in my mind, being patriotic can bring people together beyond national boundaries if the values are shared, but being nationalistic not so much. Though they can be mixed up easily. Just my thoughts on it, as an Aussie!!!
    • Avatar Workgroup (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Hey all I know we have tried and failed to do a group re-watch of Avatar. I tried and then Jamie tried. But, I am doing something different now. I have started a FB group to just act as a hub for us. If you want to join, PM me here or on FB and I'll add you. We will be studying the wisdom of Uncle Iroh, the monks, and the Gurus. Perhaps even the political and ethical implications of villains like Zaheer. Also, we will hopefully have time to drink tea together (Ginseng is Iroh's favorite) and play some Pai Sho. :) No structure. Just as you can.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Kit)
    • Why can't I find a place I can place my loyalty in? This new shop is raking me over the coals already and I'm not even there yet.
    • Jedi who work in EMS/Healthcare (Last post by Atticus)
    • I was, until a couple of weeks ago, an EMT-B with my volunteer department. I let my license expire because I couldn't keep up with documenting my continuing ed, but almost immediately I am regretting that decision. So I may be back soon. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    • [New book project] Letters to new Jedi (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Edan, this is on my to-do list its just I have a long to-do list and not a lot of time so going through priorities, do you have a deadline or some idea when you would like this by? Think she spoke of there not being a deadline in a few posts above this one... You underestimate the length of my to do list lol, I didn't see that reply till you pointed it out, but I'm sure edan would like to get this project done before end of next year too! Yes... there is no official deadline because I am not editing any of what is written... however my aim is 2 - 3 weeks ish.
    • Yoga Camp (Last post by Edan)
    • Yoga Camp - Day 23 - 'I Am Secure' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHOAY6ZeLXY&index=24&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC
    • How to Find Out If Your Penis Is a Normal Size (Last post by Murasaki)
    • Quote: What is an “average” size for a penis? Have to laugh at that, its something children talk about, but I will add to the comment just for laughs .... This is the average erect penis size from around the world. Target Map have released some new and very interesting data which unveils different average erection sizes from around the world. According to the diagram, African men have the world's largest penises, whereas men from Asian countries find themselves on the other end of the scale. The results reveal that men from the African countries highlighted in red, such as Jamaica, Haiti and Ghana, possess the most impressive size in manhood, ranging from 6.3 to 7 inches. Second to Africa are men from Australia, Italy, Norway, Mexico, and South Africa, who average at around 5.8 – 6.3 inches. Next up are British, American, French, German and Spanish guys, whose average erection is between 5-5.8 inches. In fourth place are Japanese, Indonesian, Greek, Brazilian and Russian men at around 4.1-5 inches. And lastly, guys who hail from India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia and South Korea have an average erection size of 3.6 inches and 4.1 inches. So now you know. [image]

There are 139 visitors, 6 guests and 17 members online (3  in chat): Joe, Gisteron, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Joxman, Llama Su, Zenchi, Cabur Senaar, Codex, Atticus, TheDude, Tellahane, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, MartaLina, Kyrin Wyldstar, JamesSand, Ryder, x57z12, Death, yet the Force, Blitz7737, Jutus, Zac Graff.

Follow Us