wikipedia

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah, Edan

wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:14 #44016

I noticed that the Wikipedia information on Jediism is very scant and insufficient, I think someone should add more information. I still am not able to do it well (my writing is chaotic, my English is my third language only, and I don't trust google translate entirely :), so I ask (only humbly asking the question) if someone will be willing to take over this task in the interest of the community?

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:41 #44017

If people want to know more about us, they can find information on this site. We don't have any affiliation with Wikipedia, I believe.
"All spirits are enslaved which serve things evil."

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:51 #44018

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
The article on Jediism at Wikipedia is horrible. In theory anyone can edit it but navigating through all their incredible rules is somewhat more difficult than levitating a car with The Force.

So many people have attempted to make it a good article. For awhile, not too long back, it was getting better.

Now it's almost worse than having no article at all.

I've come to realize that until there are actual published books about Jediism written by real Jedi we going to get nowhere with Wikipedia. Once there are references to point too we'll have a fighting chance.

Go to the article and look at how the page was at various times in the past and you'll see what I mean.
Founder of The Order

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 16:25 #44033

• ren
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ID: 4418
We need to check the rules on primary sources, as they make more sense than secondary ones on religion articles. (in fact other religion articles use primary sources a lot).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:PSTS#Pri...and_tertiary_sources

Could be good to check with wikiproject religion and NRMs as to what their policies are, if they give a green light, admins shouldn't complain and we would be able to easily revert any edits which dont comply with the policies (and therefore ruin the article).

I'd like to point out that technically, discussing the editing of articles outside wikipedia is against the rules.
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 18:09 #44034

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
We are not "discussing editing", other than to say it needs done....

But you can't tell me other people don't do it... lol...
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Triskar
Liz Gilbert: In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you. ~Eat, Pray, Love~

Bella Swan: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age. And at a certain age, the child is grown and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." ~Twilight~

Re: wikipedia 01 Nov 2011 04:08 #44044

• ren
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ID: 4418
I don't care about the rule, what I care about is not being caught as it would be highly counterproductive.

Just a reminder that if you add a link to totjo on that wiki page, you should first make sure this thread doesn't appear in the latest posts...
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Church of Jediism - ChurchOfJediism.org Blocked by... (Last post by Manu)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: It's not your job to make sure journalists do their job. It's not your job to call people out on behavior you don't necessarily agree with for whatever reason. Said it before and I'll said it again: they'll do what they're going to do. It's not that big of a deal. So they charge? Who frickin cares.... That site needs to not exist. You said "what can I do".... That's what you can do. I completely disagree. I care. I would like to be warned. I believe all of us ARE journalists. No. Jedi, especially the founder of an order, shoud be above the " holier than thou" nature of a ridiculous site such as that, because that's all that site is. It's inappropriate, and it's disturbing. That site still reads as nothing more than an attack against another Jedi site. Just what we need. Sectarianism. Grand.... It's wrong. We should "be above" the "holier than thou"? :laugh: The author speaks for himself, not the TotJO. I don't know if I've earned the right to be called a part of this community, but I, particularly, am not offended. I won't speak for anyone else though. Neither do I want anyone else to speak for me.
    • Bread and E920 (Last post by Aqua)
    • Chinese human hair, Cysteine, used as bread improver! A Dutch program, made in 2014, made it to the newspapers.. Enjoy! :) For people that enjoy translating texts here the Dutch links: The tv program: (Dutch) http://www.culy.nl/inspiratie/keuringsdienst-van-waarde-zit-er-echt-chinees-mensenhaar-ons-brood/ http://www.vetvrij.com/broodverbeteraar-e920-l-cysteine-gemaakt-van-haren.html About the Dutch tv program: (English) http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2014/02/is_there_human_hair_in_dutch_b/ Three news papers: (Dutch) http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/-chinees-mensenhaar-soms-gebruikt-als-broodverbeteraar~a3590307/ http://www.metronieuws.nl/binnenland/2014/02/chinees-mensenhaar-in-nederlands-brood http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/22270037/__Chinees_haar_in_brood__.html
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Edan)
    • Not really a poem.. just more dreams from my head. The place beyond the windows is dark and cold, lights shine in the distance.. twinkling stars that blend into the constellations of the sky. The tower of this cathedral is dark also, the room behind once saw ritual.. candle, prayer and whispered desire.. but it is now silent, an impression faintly hiding in memory. He stands beside me, part of the darkness and of me, whispering those old incantations back to me.. He knows the name of my soul and says it suddenly out loud, breaking the stillness… lighting a candle resting on the sill, “this light is yours, don’t let it go out.”
    • Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons are More... (Last post by Manu)
    • First of all, I think the key here is that marihuana ought not to be criminalized, as JLSpinner said the penalty exceeds the crime. That said, it is important to remember that as a pendulum swings towards one extreme (that of vilifying marihuana), there is a tendency to "swing back" towards another extreme (sanctifying marihuana), and nowadays you have a lot of people going into marihuana use under the guise of "medical wonder" with no regard to the potential risks. A recent study (cannot remember where I read it) found that marihuana use can permanently change a structure in the brain that increases dopamine (the pleasure/happiness hormone) and thus we care less about what happens in the world. Just something to think about.
    • solitude or the masses? (Last post by Manu)
    • I wonder... if sollitude is so great, why participate in an online forum? :laugh: We are all interdependent, we need each other. Can we survive in sollitude? Sure, especially if you've been wise enough to learn to be self-reliant. But surviving isn't thriving, and while it is important to have time with yourself, it is equally as important to have time with others. The question in the topic title itself is a false dichotomy. You never have to choose between sollitude 24/7 or the massess 24/7. Life involves a balance of both.
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Clock of the moving solstice birds: Sleep wake up now, make your meal now go downstairs now, watch tv now.. a huge clock with to many hours what should I do my hour clock? night comes soon, new chance comes bird movement always in the sky bird can fly, bird can swim walk under water, so much fun what will bird do? Aqua, 14-2-2016
    • Jedi Ethnicity (Last post by Squint)
    • Quote: Quote: I appreciate your view point, also it should be noted that the USAF is the most progressive when it comes to this specific issue. However, this is a widely experienced behavior. Literally just the front page of a google search: www.patheos.com/blogs/rockbeyondbelief/2...needs-to-know-first/ theweek.com/articles/461428/military-problem-atheists americanhumanist.org/humanism/I_Was_an_Atheist_in_a_Foxhole chrisstedman.religionnews.com/2014/11/05...terview-jason-torpy/ www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fi...e-in-the-us-military www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/20...s-record-attendance/ I can assure you it is still very prevalent, I was literally removed from a project because there was a hint-hint nudge-nudge agreement between our CEO and a General when they found out their PM (me) was not religious. Its not like they'd ever print that on a letter head but this stuff happens on the daily, I can assure you the IG knows it exists and unless there is mass conversions to Christianity there just isn't a whole lot they will do. There will always be individual commands that act outside the realms they should act within. On everything; not just religion. And that's not the whole of the military. All of the branches have been progressing. But again, there will always be individual commands that act out. That does not make it a military wide policy. Ava, Thank you for pointing that out, which is really my point. Like I said in my first post, this is not Government sponsored. That being said, at one point or another, when enough people do these things and not get challenged a critical mass can form. I'm merely pointing out that things aren't so perfect yet that people won't be targeted institutionally. We already see how this is true with presidential candidates lobbying to ban all Muslims from entering the country. This is exactly what I'm talking about. In short: I don't think its institutionalized but it can become institutionalized.

There are 239 visitors, 6 guests and 42 members online (7  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Firewolf, Manu, J_Roz, ren, Dechlain, Connor L., Proteus, V-Tog, Slydogstags, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Lykeios, Kit, klyde, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Jamie Stick, Aqua, den385, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Xhaiden, Adi, Tellahane, Bareus, Jamho Thaber, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, MartaLina, Carli, Brick, Reserved Sanity, cmwatts, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Cenrus Kuno, Janko, Riyuma, jhannuzs, KiraTakayuki, Phantos.

Follow Us