28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!!

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 21:33 #30795

• Sarus
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 956
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 22:14 #30797

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Sarus wrote:
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!

Great, nice to see you back!!.....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Graduated Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Edan, Knight Brenna, Senior Knight Firewolf
Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Trisskar

Life is just a party, and parties weren't made to last..." ~1999 by Prince~

"Questions and answers, sometimes there are no answers and sometimes the answer is yet more questions." ~Elizabeth~

"I don't have any answers, only more questions..." ~me~

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 21 May 2010 18:33 #30818

Glad you are back!

The only true failure is to not even try

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 15:40 #30871

• Aetius
  • Novice
  • ID: 433
I am a member of the Pure Land Rite. :)

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 21:58 #30873

• Sarus
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 956
Welcome welcome to all! Thanks for showin up ;)

Another post incoming, on the Pure Land Rite. be there in a sec.
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 12 Jan 2012 18:19 #47600

Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most but I have never felt completely at one with all aspects of it and it's various schools of thought. After only a few days as a member of TOTJO and having only dipped my toe in the initiates program I already know I have finally found the right path for me. I would like to declare myself a member of the Pure Land Rite and look forward to learning more from this community.

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 11:02 #48328

• Leena
  • Initiate
  • ID: 1965
After much reflection, I am a member of the Pure Land Rite, AKA Jediism Special Interest Group. Smile.
Leena
"In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ” Eric Hoffer

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 20:05 #48350

You can add my name to the Pure Land rolls as well.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Trisskar)
    • "Be really really careful mom." Keryn says as we carefully walk across a rocky parking island outside of the mall to our truck. "Be Really REeeeeeeally Careful!" "Thats right dear...We must be reeeeally careful when we - F*****!!!!" I Curse and hiss as one of the rocks roll and twist under my foot - thus causing my already injured foot to roll and twist - To which I hear a nice little "Pop!!" Yea....Not broken or damaged. No swelling....No bruising..... Again....I don't know how the heck I end up so lucky with my feet. But gorram.....It hurts. It really hurts :( "Be really careful mom." *Cries* But I WAS Being Careful!!! *CriesSomeMore*
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Goken)
    • I am grateful for the almost three day gap between rants in the rant thread. From anyone, not just from me. We can be happy folks, we proved it! :woohoo:
    • Application for Assistant Pastor for the Seminary (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • The Synod is currently is looking for the right candidate for the position of Assistant Pastor for the Seminary and welcomes applications from interested Clergy members. Job Description: The Assistant Pastor for the Seminary is responsible for engagement and intake of new Seminarians (clerical trainees), assistance with their ongoing studies, and tracking the completion of Seminarian’s training journals. Additionally the Assistant Pastor for the Seminary assists in the procedural functioning and services of the Clergy including producing Sermons and providing pastoral care. Prerequisites for Application: Must be a Knight and at least a Licensed Minster in the Clergy Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to Rosalyn J You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Closing Date for Applications: Thursday, May 14, 23:59 UTC Inquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Rosalyn J
    • Adventure and excitement? (Last post by Proteus)
    • Can you live with yourself and accept your typically dull and boring life happily without relying so much on brain-drug inducing thrills and vicariously experienced entertainment? Can you accept it for what it most simply is without a lot of that additional noise? This is not to say you should not endeavor these things. It is to say that a Jedi's discipline to be who they really and most authentically are thrives from the ability to be unattached to these things.
    • The problem is the personal, and solitary aspects ... (Last post by Proteus)
    • Quote: For those who stay and do the IP and become knighthood you likely did so because you agree to the system and the beliefs and the path that is laid out, and thus won’t find any problems in it. While I have personally resonated with the temple's path itself, I would not say that it means I don't find any problems in it. I have a hunch there are plenty others here who feel the same. Because it hasn't only been those who haven't progressed to knighthood and further who have suggested changes and improvement - not by a long shot. Quote: As a point Opie once made, if Jedi would be Jedi, there would be none of these things. We all have different points of views and they will vary from person to person, the community of like-minded individuals is what defines the community itself. What I have come to believe demonstrates the first part of second sentence above, but not necessarily the rest of it, in which I feel that being Jedi does not and should not exclude a member and the community at large from having the misunderstandings, arguments, assumptions, and other general imperfect, human flaws that we currently have. If these events never occurred, I would be very concerned that we were all turning into cultish robots. The harder one strives to be "Jedi" (or as my Maitre Alexandre has said "stinking of Jedi"), the further from it we ultimately end up being, because we are essentially rejecting the totality of our own nature. It's not "bad" that from time to time some here act out, throw fits, respond condescendingly, etc. It certainly doesn't mean that it is simply accepted and openly allowed to run rampant. But they are necessary streaks that help to color the community alongside those of the actual abundance of goodwill, benevolence, humility, humor, and acceptance otherwise that many have had testament to as well.
    • "Five Love Languages" (Last post by baru)
    • I enjoyed reading this book. I would appreciate others reading it because it can give a common laguage for people to express how they give and receive appreciation and care. If someone can tell me how I can best demonstrate my appreciation in a way that can be received, imagine how affective connections would be.
    • "Camping’ on Your Own Land is Now Illegal — G... (Last post by baru)
    • The Gov has a wonderful job to do. I wish that they just did that. Telling individuals what they can and can not do for themselves and by themselves is not necessarily it. I dream of a world that is self sustaining. Imagine how amazing life would be if everyone was expected to accommodate for their own food, water, and energy? IF every house was able to provide its own needs? Yes, that might limit some freedoms and give us others.
    • Initiation programme (Last post by Adi)
    • Quote: I just don't believe that Jesus killed an innocent tree which could not feed him because it was a wrong season! I understand that the purpose of that myth is to demonstrate the power of faith. But it contradicts my view of Jesus as just and compassionate. So I don't believe this myth - I reject it! :) It may help to remember the example you mention (Mark 11:12-14 and Mark 11:20-23) as metaphorical, since metaphor was a common way of conveying truths if not facts in the ancient world. A common metaphor for Israel, throughout its history, was a fig tree. It's a metaphor that the first readers or listeners of the Gospels would have been familiar with. Considering the context of the Gospels (Jesus upsetting the power balance of Israel - especially its religious authorities), it's not a stretch to see this (especially with the command that no one may eat fruit from the tree again) as a critique of the religious power structure in 1st century Judea. The verses immediately following the encounter with the tree (Mark 11:15-17) but before the verse about moving mountains feature Jesus going into the Temple and turning over tables of "money changers" and merchants selling doves, making a powerful statement through his actions (that is, that temples ought to simply be houses of prayer rather than functioning as banks/marketplaces as they often did in the ancient world.) Jesus was, in a way, doing literally what he did metaphorically to the tree, enough that the Jewish religious authorities immediately set out to try to kill him. So, there is more to it than Jesus simply killing an innocent tree, and that is the tricky part about myths. You can interpret it as a hungry, angry Jesus lashing out at a poor, hapless tree that would not bear fruit for him outside of its season, or you can see it as the metaphor it was *probably* intended to be. The Gospel of Mark is full of cases of metaphorical "side stories" like that which shed light on the "main" story being told, but seem to be irrelevant on the face of things.
    • At Edan's request: (Last post by Deno)
    • Same, beautiful couple, love and light and best wishes, Dreams do and can come true, perfect example :-)
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Search the unreachable eye: The lost searching cloud, far out of reach evaporated and gone, lost till now a path for answers under the air I will seek my last solid border far below comfort, the unknown world I descend below I will realize under my tube, out of reach I look up, see my eye silence of the storm Aqua, 28-04-2016 [image]

There are 170 visitors, 5 guests and 40 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Firewolf, baru, Jestor, Trisskar, Dechlain, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Goken, Aqua, Tarran, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, Relyt Dagor, Adi, Tellahane, MadHatter, Cayce, MartaLina, Gwinn, tyburn.jig, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Xia Diconaghi, ekr2187, Jamie Kay, Luke Earthwalker, Volk, Golem, StarrShyne, KerriBear37.

Follow Us