28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!!

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah, Edan

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 21:33 #30795

• Sarus
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 956
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 22:14 #30797

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Sarus wrote:
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!

Great, nice to see you back!!.....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Llama Su, Triskar
Liz Gilbert: In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you. ~Eat, Pray, Love~

Bella Swan: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age. And at a certain age, the child is grown and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." ~Twilight~

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 21 May 2010 18:33 #30818

Glad you are back!

The only true failure is to not even try

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 15:40 #30871

• Aetius
  • Novice
  • ID: 433
I am a member of the Pure Land Rite. :)

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 21:58 #30873

• Sarus
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 956
Welcome welcome to all! Thanks for showin up ;)

Another post incoming, on the Pure Land Rite. be there in a sec.
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 12 Jan 2012 18:19 #47600

Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most but I have never felt completely at one with all aspects of it and it's various schools of thought. After only a few days as a member of TOTJO and having only dipped my toe in the initiates program I already know I have finally found the right path for me. I would like to declare myself a member of the Pure Land Rite and look forward to learning more from this community.

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 11:02 #48328

• Leena
  • Initiate
  • ID: 1965
After much reflection, I am a member of the Pure Land Rite, AKA Jediism Special Interest Group. Smile.
Leena
"In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ” Eric Hoffer

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 20:05 #48350

You can add my name to the Pure Land rolls as well.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Church of Jediism - ChurchOfJediism.org Blocked by... (Last post by RyuJin)
    • i'm still getting over the shock of seeing that there are still people using McAfee :sick: i used to work for compUSA and the McAfee rep gave us all a free copy of the security suite as a way of getting us to promote it....that pile of crap kept crashing my machine, so i wiped my drive, reinstalled everything except McAfee, and promptly threw the disk at the wall ensuring mine and my machine's safety from it :laugh:
    • Where do you meditate? (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I sit on the edge of my bed most times, but 99% it's in my room. I'll stand, sit, or lie down but rarely will I ever do it outside of my room since my roommate is prone to talking to me when she sees me outside of my room. I have a mat laid out for meditation and other things which might be down on an otherwise uncomfortable hardwood floor, but I don't use it much because it is terribly uncomfortable to sit there in one spot unmoving for extended periods of time.
    • Jedi Ethnicity (Last post by Squint)
    • Quote: Quote: I appreciate your view point, also it should be noted that the USAF is the most progressive when it comes to this specific issue. However, this is a widely experienced behavior. Literally just the front page of a google search: www.patheos.com/blogs/rockbeyondbelief/2...needs-to-know-first/ theweek.com/articles/461428/military-problem-atheists americanhumanist.org/humanism/I_Was_an_Atheist_in_a_Foxhole chrisstedman.religionnews.com/2014/11/05...terview-jason-torpy/ www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-fi...e-in-the-us-military www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/20...s-record-attendance/ I can assure you it is still very prevalent, I was literally removed from a project because there was a hint-hint nudge-nudge agreement between our CEO and a General when they found out their PM (me) was not religious. Its not like they'd ever print that on a letter head but this stuff happens on the daily, I can assure you the IG knows it exists and unless there is mass conversions to Christianity there just isn't a whole lot they will do. There will always be individual commands that act outside the realms they should act within. On everything; not just religion. And that's not the whole of the military. All of the branches have been progressing. But again, there will always be individual commands that act out. That does not make it a military wide policy. Ava, Thank you for pointing that out, which is really my point. Like I said in my first post, this is not Government sponsored. That being said, at one point or another, when enough people do these things and not get challenged a critical mass can form. I'm merely pointing out that things aren't so perfect yet that people won't be targeted institutionally. We already see how this is true with presidential candidates lobbying to ban all Muslims from entering the country. This is exactly what I'm talking about. In short: I don't think its institutionalized but it can become institutionalized.
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by Adi)
    • Day 44/100 Really short walk. It's quite cold out. Another winter storm is on the way, so I may have to get creative again.
    • Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons are More... (Last post by Yabuturtle)
    • There's a whole novel of individual reasons as to why they banned it. They knew it wasn't bad for you. And it's not. It helps the body, reduces tumors, helps sick people especially and mental illnesses like bi polar people I know that if you are sick, you end up losing your appetite, but marijuana helps raise up your appetite and helps you want to eat more. You can make clothes, food, many products, it can be grown in many areas, you can grow a whole bunch of it and it grows very fast. This is why America as well as many governments want it banned. They don't want people to be self sufficient. They want everyone to be dependent That was the basic plan. And of course double their profits by having people take their drugs and there are some that do more harm than good. More people dies from the legal drugs than they do the illegal drugs, but they don't tell you that, do they? It was all part of the plan and they used propaganda to make it worse than it actually was. Of course they want to get rid of the most useful plant and take it away from the public. That gives them the advantage. It was all a flat out lie. Marijuana is not bad and now that states are legalizing it, it's only a matter of time.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by rugadd)
    • I am grateful today for the chance to work without distraction...and for The Muppets, whose music is gleefully sang along too as I print.
    • Saber Flourish Gif (Last post by Jestor)
    • I am/was a martial artist and teacher, and have a pretty good base knowledge... :D When blocking a strike, you hand does not strike and retract, but rather continues the forward momentum, in a circular motion so the hand is ready for the next strike...:) I'm just talking...:) As I said, looked good! :)
    • Looking at the Present Moment as a loved one (Last post by Streen)
    • I'm happy to see we agree on something, Jestor ;) Time is a measuring device, for sure. I like to think of it as a measurement of space. For instance, how long does it take for an object to get from point A to point B. Then again, Einstein said Time and Space are one in the same. If so, then our point is proven further. Everything is one thing: the Force. If everything is the Force, if one could see things that way, it would all be a blur of sameness. So how could one measure space if everything is the same thing? Point A, point B, and the space between no longer exist as separate places. Therefore, Time cannot be measured.
    • Acupuncture (Last post by Yasuo Tanoshii Hideaki)
    • I made several positive experiences with acupuncture. One of the most impressive situations was my first time I was treated with an acupuncture needle. Back then I got a lumbago doing gardening. My back hurt like hell an I was hardly able to move. I told my family doctor (who was also pain therapist) and she asked me if she can try something. She pinned a small acupuncture needle right into the pain point. After a few seconds the point where the needle was pinned started to prickle and a feel of warm spread out from this point. The hurt was gone and I was able to move without any obstructions again. In the modern western medicine you usually get a heat therapy for this. E. g. you get a balm to stimulate the blood flow and some time under an infrared lamp. But this is not nearly so effective like this small needle prick in my dorsal.

There are 167 visitors, 11 guests and 27 members online (4  in chat): Br. John, Firewolf, RyuJin, ren, Proteus, Elemental Harmony, Lykeios, Kit, Zenchi, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Cyan Sarden, Bensory, Competent, Tellahane, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, Yabuturtle, Carli, Gwinn, Revan_of_Gallifrey, Reserved Sanity, Serondrych, The Joegiboy, Squint, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, jpadkins, Cenrus Kuno, Janko, Aspen Evenstaad, One Creed, Riyuma, Ryder, Micah K, amit_the_jedi, Phantos.

Follow Us