Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Desolous, tzb
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

• Anora^una_Ilorn
In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

• Anora^una_Ilorn
I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April
- Garm -
Pureland Rite
Apprentice: Daniel L (2007)
Former Bishop O.C.P.
"Festina Lente" - Quickly without Impetuosity

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

• Anora^una_Ilorn
That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

• Anora^una_Ilorn
*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Have you killed a human ?? (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Why? A discussion goes as it goes. He's in a forum that believes in personal growth, no? If in the process we bring these things out in each other, how is that possibly a bad thing? Discussions can get heated. I'm quite even, he's the only one that seems angry, which is just something further he can look to in order to grow: "Why'd I let this person I've never met get to me????! It's yet another good question for him to consider. Murasaki: The laws are quite strict. You're talking to an American, by my standards the laws are "very strict". Perhaps not by your standards though- I don't know the restrictions in Australia. So my first comment is not blown out of proportion in context. My emphasizing police is because I had to be familiar with the local law on a level average military personnel do not. We are also allotted a waiver for certain situations that are not afforded others in the country- that extended to our MLCs assigned to military police units. And as o told you before, I have a list of liars in the community- no one knows who all of them are, it's for an entirely different reason than you suspect. Stick around for 13 years, explore every area of the community and get to know what those liars do to people, you'll understand then why I have it. No one would have found out- you'd have just gone on a list of people I keep my eye on in the event damage control was necessary. Anyways, at this point you're not looking at your intial issue. Hindsight is 20/20, I'm telling you to look at why you started to look for a fight when you couldn't have possibly known there was one to pick. Brock didn't, and his response was what I would have expected from someone that simply saw a question. If you really want to respond back, that's fine, but I'm done on this topic with you.
    • [New book project] Letters to new Jedi (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: I had stationary somewhere. In the event I can't find it, would it be okay to use lined paper or would that be too informal? Yes that is perfectly fine :)
    • How to Find Out If Your Penis Is a Normal Size (Last post by Murasaki)
    • Quote: What is an “average” size for a penis? Have to laugh at that, its something children talk about, but I will add to the comment just for laughs .... This is the average erect penis size from around the world. Target Map have released some new and very interesting data which unveils different average erection sizes from around the world. According to the diagram, African men have the world's largest penises, whereas men from Asian countries find themselves on the other end of the scale. The results reveal that men from the African countries highlighted in red, such as Jamaica, Haiti and Ghana, possess the most impressive size in manhood, ranging from 6.3 to 7 inches. Second to Africa are men from Australia, Italy, Norway, Mexico, and South Africa, who average at around 5.8 – 6.3 inches. Next up are British, American, French, German and Spanish guys, whose average erection is between 5-5.8 inches. In fourth place are Japanese, Indonesian, Greek, Brazilian and Russian men at around 4.1-5 inches. And lastly, guys who hail from India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia and South Korea have an average erection size of 3.6 inches and 4.1 inches. So now you know. [image]
    • Handicap people killed in Japan & no one care!... (Last post by Murasaki)
    • Quote: Yea, it's the non-japanese, the jews, the disabled, etc who have problems there because they're not members of the superior race :P Seriously tho, it's a racist country. No you are incorrect, Japanese respect all people, it is that we, have no time for non-Japanese that come here and think Japan and Japanese should change to suit them. You move to Australia, you are expected to speak english, follow Australian laws, and behave Australian, well same here in Japan, you move here, you are expected to speak japanese, follow Japanese laws, and behave Japanese, the problems is most that move here refuse to change, and what the Japanese to change, I have seen so many english speakers here complain that the Japanese should learn to speak english... Why? This is Japan, we speak Japanese, you want english, then go to a english speaking country, simple. As you can see multiculturalism has not worked, it has seriously failed in Europe and failing in Australia, why? Because people who moved refused to change, they want their new home country to change to be like their old home country. Simple solution for these people is if you want your old home style of living then return to the country you came from, not rocket science! Japanese know that multiculturalism is a joke and it is the reason they do not have mass immigration, Japan is for Japanese. Like Australia is for Australians, UK is for British etc., etc.
    • Yoga Camp (Last post by Edan)
    • Yoga Camp - Day 22 - 'I Create' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRk-WE9PU3Q&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC&index=3 Sorry it's very late.
    • Loooong apprenticeships (Last post by Codex)
    • Quote: Quote: What would be a good average length of time for an apprenticeship? I do not like focus on the time of an apprenticeship much, I find quality more important. The council and knights/masters should not be or feel forced to accept anything less than quality in any apprenticeship, seeking average time will create pressure in some way. :) If it takes more time than is normally used, with this average time thingy on top of it, the Temple should learn to deal with this pressure. ~
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Goken)
    • Today I am grateful for the glorious technology that is a DVR. I will not get to my parent's house in time to see the beginning of the ArenaBowl but I will be able to "rewind" the live TV to start from the beginning and even fast forward through commercials until I catch up to the live feed. Oh glorious technology and Arena Football. It's going to be a great night.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Trisskar)
    • Part of doing a "Team Effort" is by communicating with eachother before acting upon knee jerk assumptions and assuming lead on things. :angry:
    • Free Artwork Services (Last post by Cayce)
    • Request 2 - Completed Requesting Member: Cabur Senaar. Tasks: * Take a low resolution image, enlarge it while maintaining clarity. * Adjust placement of starburst in the middle to ensure proper centering / alignment. * Adjust text to fit the curve of the circle properly. Source Image: [image] This was a really tough image, and probably the most complicated one I've done yet. Really fun, though! * Upscaled repeatedly until shapes were salvagable. Image was very pixelated though, so the upscale wasn't pretty. * Desaturated, flattened, simplified. Adjusted image to only use pure white and black. * Attempted to vector the main image, only was able to barely get half of it in a clean vector. Example below [image] * Mirrored this to re-assembled logo's shape. * The starburst was off-center, and the upscale ruined all but one side of it as well. Using the process above, saved half of it, mirrored, cleaned up the details and centered properly. In-process example below. [image] * Text was unusable, had to find the font using font tools like 'What's That Font', matched to the font "Colonna" * Re-typed text, vectored, match to the curve of the logo's shape. Finished Version: [image] Additional Notes I now have the fully vectored version of this which can be scaled to any size, with crystal clear resolution. If you do plan to print t-shirts, you'll want that one, and I can easily send it to you! Also, I work for one of the largest custom t-shirt manufacturers in the country, so if you'd like help setting up a mockup / pricing, I'd be happy to privately help with that, and offer a friends / family discount and my 5+ years experience with the printing, if you want!
    • The thread of self-forgiveness (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I forgive myself for laughing out really loud when i read Edan's post , and i want to stress that i am not laughing at , but i recognize this so well , you open your pc and see the forum and you think ..nope .. i am not going there , but 3 posts later then, you went there. And not only knee deep. I forgive myself for that :laugh:

There are 176 visitors, 6 guests and 18 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Alethea Thompson, PatrickB, Llama Su, Kit, mdk, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Codex, Tarran, Tellahane, MadHatter, MartaLina, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, JamesSand, Tascha, Albekl, Blitz7737, Jutus, Massahiro, Cire Nothsib, Zeebo.

Follow Us