Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah, Edan
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
Jediism - "Without religion, we'd have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Stephen Weinburg
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Resonance morning: The morning awakes early, birds started to sing behind the sky, a deep mirror under the stars comes the brightest light unknown source sings laud and in irony not known sound, not known origin my day a sunset walks past I stand still, do not move my only day, walks not away the sound resonance comes Aqua, 12-02-2016
    • Team D - 100 days of discipline (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Quote: I've noticed a few times where I'm in a horrible mood, or not feeling well, and I go "fuck it, I'll skip today" but then about an hour before midnight I get this sudden burst of willpower and finish up just in time. The mind is a strange thing. Still hanging in there! Here's the thing about "discipline" ... "skipping a day" is not so grave. It is just that "skipped days" become the "exception" to what is otherwise a regular practice. "Discipline" in itself only means 'learning'. So, even if the activity to which the discipline is oriented doesn't get accomplished on a particular day (for a reason a little better than "fuck it", to be sure) then one just picks up the day thereafter and all comes back nicely into order. A "skipped day" (even for a '"fuck it") is not a failure ... As I explained to one of my apprentices in another team, the discipline is to make a particular practice 'ordinary'. As long as a skipped day is 'extra-ordinary' then the discipline is still intact .... ;)
    • Copyright and the IP (split from original material... (Last post by Brick)
    • We are from all over the world and every country/culture has different laws and attitudes towards them. It might have been mentioned, though I have not seen it in any of the comments I have read. But surely (from a purely legal point of view) the only laws we should be concerning ourselves with are the ones in whichever jurisdiction TOTJO falls under. With that in mind I have the following questions: 1. Which jurisdiction does TOTJO fall under? Texas, since we're registered there? Or wherever the server is? Or somewhere else entirely? 2. What are the actual laws in that jurisdiction. 3. What is that jurisdiction's attitude towards those laws. Disclaimer: I'm only asking these questions as I think they are relevant. I for one am actually pretty happy with the council's comments on this subject and have infact used those grey, unacknowledgable (is that even a word?) agreements many times in the past
    • Who is the Jedi you wanna take a mission with? (Last post by Riyuma)
    • Probably Plo Koon or Qui-gon Jin. Plo Koon is the most patient Jedi and I feel that I would learn the most regarding performing under pressure from him. Qui-gon Jin would show me the bigger picture, things that go beyond the ways of the Jedi strictness. For more practicality.
    • Star Wars book suggestions (Last post by Riyuma)
    • I've got some nice ones for ya ^^ Reference books: - Jedi Path - Book of the Sith Novels: - Darth Bane Trilogy - Revan - Lords of the Sith - Darth Plagueis
    • Martial art and weapon of choice? (Last post by Yabuturtle)
    • The bo is a good weapon although I think the lesser known Jo is also very good since you don't need wide open spaces to fight in. I like long weapons but once you're in a cramped area, it's hard to wield them effectively. The shillelagh is long without being too long. Halberd is also good. Not too many people mention the kusarigama which is a wonky but very effective weapon if used properly.
    • Year End report Delay!! (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: As you like J! :whistle: :) i totally heard you saying that in harley quinn's voice, with a mr. thrown in....lol "as you like mr. j".... :silly: i've been playng arkham city recently.... :lol:
    • Riddle (Last post by RyuJin)
    • i have 2 riddles.... the first: it starts with the and ends with me it hides throughout for all to see, what is it? answer: Spoiler: theme the second: it's a seven letter word, the first two letters is a man, the first 3 letters is a woman, the first 4 letters is a great man, the whole word is a great woman, what is the word? answer: Spoiler: heroine
    • How many practice telekinesis? (Last post by Adder)
    • I'm going to lock this thread, there is a lot of interesting stuff in it but I think its better if any topics want to be picked up that they please be created a new more specific thread. All complaints, concerns and causalities about the lock can be PM'ed to me. Thanks
    • Jedi Self-Sufficiency thread (Last post by Carli)
    • Quote: Its less about living completely "off the grid", than it is about trying to lessen our dependency on the grid... Thus lessoning our carbon footprint.... Also, just having an interest in is reason enough to join, isn't it? :) ~from the Hitchhicker's Guide in my Galaxy S3~ Maybe so. I'll at least have a decent look at it. I appreciate it!
    • Help Science with your computer! (Last post by Squint)
    • Hi, I'm Squint and I wanted to tell you about a cool organization that uses cloud computing to crunch data on any number of various academic research from finding the largest Prime numbers to discovering messages from alien lifeforms. The University of California - Berkeley runs BOINC, an open source software for volunteer computing. (boinc.berkeley.edu/) Scientists and educators can submit peer reviewed projects which are added to the BOINC network to allow tasks to run on volunteers computers. It is an incredibly safe piece of software that runs on just about any modern computer. If you don't feel safe about installing it or want more information, I will provide whatever I can. The current statistics from the BOINC page are: Active: 295,796 volunteers, 9,341,095 computers. 24-hour average: 8.198 PetaFLOPS. The project I am currently participating in is called PrimeGrid, it is used to compute and discover large prime numbers. Prime numbers are any number that can only be divided by one and itself. These are used heavily in encryption and for other computational purposes. If you're interested in participating in this project you need only go to www.PrimeGrid.com Also, I created a group for anyone who wishes to participate in the PrimeGrid project, www.primegrid.com/team_display.php?teamid=8032 Basically a group just sets an affiliation so they can see the efforts a group of people have committed to. There are groups for most major universities all the way to non-profit and religious groups like our own. If you have any questions or comments please ask.

There are 181 visitors, 6 guests and 24 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Jon, Lightstrider, Gisteron, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Rein Bith, Demnos, Kit, Avalonslight, Aqua, den385, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, Ke JinnDakken, Brick, Reserved Sanity, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, DihLyne, Cenrus Kuno, Janko, Aspen Evenstaad, Riyuma, Rob Bass.

Follow Us