Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Adder, Desolous
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
Jediism - "Without religion, we'd have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Stephen Weinburg
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • How did you know when you were a Jedi? (Last post by Lykeios)
    • Whoever it was that said "Having a Conversation" somewhere on the internet. Thank you very much. I knew I was a Jedi when I found this website. How much detail would you like here?
    • Techwear for Jedi (Last post by Almeida)
    • Whenever I hear about tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and other things like that, I feel so thankful I was born in a country where no natural disasters occur.
    • The Force as described by a physicist? (Last post by BionicPianoMan)
    • I can agree with you to a certain extent. You speak of faith, do you not? Neither science nor a divine being can tell me whether or not the Force exists, yet I know that it does. Faith being a part of that. One doesn't need science or a divine being to tell us whether or not something exists. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Does "evil" exist? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • ive said before that i dont like the word "evil" - there are a lot of associations with the word that arent necessarily appropriate in almost every instance where the word is otherwise useful but the word refers to a state of being - or to a set, or subset of states of being, which are easily recognizable for their selfishness and sense of contempt or disgust towards others this blend of negative emotional states is very dangerous to the rest of the world, whatever you want to call it now, this kid expresses a lot of pain, much of it self pity but even so, at the level of recognising the suffering of another human i can empathize with him, to a point but he also denies his own responsibility, placing blame on everyone but himself (he even says "im the perfect guy or the perfect gentleman, something along those lines) and he assumes for himself not only the innate right to have been granted all the things that he desired, as if he had already earned them simply by wanting them, but also the authority to decide who deserves punishment as a result of his not having them and he consciously enjoys - really kind of REVELS IN - the thought of getting his opportunity to inflict that punishment
    • We need you! (Last post by Jestor)
    • It is now in Sermons... Give it a bit to appear... Idk who can change things in articles besides Akkarin and Alex... Sorry if I stepped on toes....
    • "Jesus" was a Jedi (Last post by Lykeios)
    • Quote: Quote: Yeshua Ha' Mashiach or Yeshu Ben Yosef was a Jedi. :evil: por que He was. i've always believed this, and i may expound otra vez más tarde. Thank you. I cannot accept this. However, gracias. What I mean is...I do not personally believe Jesus was a Jedi. However, people can believe that if they'd like to. Totally up to the individual. What do you think Khaos?
    • Jedi/Meditation Altar (Last post by Kamizu)
    • I really wish I had burned in the dark part of the emblem in this current project rather than panting but the finished product looks a little different in my head than it is turning out to be lol. This wood burns differently than I'm use to... But here's the plaques from last donation project I did
    • Is anything not a metaphor? (Last post by Adder)
    • Perhaps a metaphor should be seen as a 'function' of distinct things. In which case nothing is a metaphor except the function for which it's structure defines it as a metaphor. Then it would be better to say anything can be part of, or used in, or serve as a metaphor. So the more diverse the attributes held to any particular label (which are attributed to within that labels category of attributes), I guess the more widely it can be used functionally as a metaphor instead of its pure purpose as a label of its attributable parts!? :silly: So perhaps a deeper metaphor has levels of metaphorical association, and a simple one is cute succinct. This could mean we could assess a metaphor for various qualities... but I'm not sure why. I think they are intended to mean something useful, to facilitate understanding and so in that regard perhaps intended to serve as only a fraction of the communication to orientate someones ignorance about something in familiar terms so further information can be provided to inform in more detail. :S A familiarization and orientation tool, like a 'handshake'!?
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Goken)
    • Why do people put so much time and energy into being internet trolls? Imagine how productive they could be if they put that much effort into work or school or volunteering or any number of other things. But instead they decide to play unfunny practical jokes, some of which could actually cause some harm. I saw a series of memes about winterizing your car that gave the worlds worst advice such as driving screws into your tires just far enough that they still stuck out to give you traction, or replacing all of your coolant with water because your car will be cold enough because of the weather. What do trolls gain from messing with people like that?
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Bareus)
    • I am grateful that i have clothes to wear, food to eat, a school to go to and friends to spend time with And then, i have the temple :) And i am really greatfull for it's existance Jediism has changed so much for me, and it has become a part of what i am, with other words, my identity I am also greatful for that
    • Theory: Why Chewbbaca Didn't Receive a Medal at th... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • racism actually i think it was this Quote: Maybe he was supposed to but they had trouble getting it on the suit or staying correctly so they just opted to not do it. I tend to think of more production reasons for stuff like that than plot reasons. :laugh: One of my minor annoying habits.

There are 2214 visitors, 18 guests and 37 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Jon, Connor L., Adder, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Timberwolf, Metsu Desal, Lykeios, KageKeeper, Kamizu, Kohadre, Neytiri, tzb, Senan, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Angwusi, Arkayik, den385, MrBruno, Atticus509, simeon, Tellahane, Bareus, Korwin Nightshade, JLSpinner, Cayce, Almeida, magmon, Breeso, Chrispease1990, McNulty, Amontillado, BionicPianoMan, Fynerick, BHoe, Anubis, ClemensVII, hab, Kenneroth.

Follow Us