Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.

More
12 Sep 2018 14:34 #326183 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 created the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
What are some freedoms you have received and or experienced since or because you have become a modern day Jeddist?
I’m all about sharing paths and experiences because you never know what you will find and what might click.

Feel free to share your experiences please and if you haven’t - learn from others who have - try s few!
Happy seeking Jedi and may the Force be with y’all!

www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy
Assoc. Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clerg...769-the-block#255108
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2018 14:39 #326184 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
One of my many freedoms as a Jedi in the modern world can be found in what we believe - we believe in the inherit worth of all -
This one simple belief has let me experience a sense of freedom I can call - No Judge Dredd. Lol
I don’t have to walk around grouchy all the time because the world is “ a pit and filled with .. it...” I apply the inherit worth of all and everyone had a story - they gave a heart - they got a tale to tell! Maybe over coffee !

Build, not tear down.

More
12 Sep 2018 16:10 #326188 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
The biggest thing for me was a freedom to explore. Mostly in the religious aspect but even in the mental health and sexual fields. I've also gained a better grasp on acceptance of things like responsibility, and the fact that shit happens. Introspection has gotten more intense too, which helps free me from current behavioral cycles from past trauma.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Goken

More
12 Sep 2018 16:26 #326189 by Carlos.Martinez3
Oh Kit - you are so right ! I enjoy that one too! Exploring is so freeing at times.

Build, not tear down.

More
14 Sep 2018 15:47 #326238 by Streen
Streen replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
Firstly, I am not a "Jeddist"... if I am even a Jedi.

The freedom I discovered is when I learned that the many dichotomies I used to live by were moot. Dark and light; good and evil; truth and lie; right and wrong. The Force encompasses them all, making them all equal.

So the only philosophical question I was left with was, "Who am I?" Yes, there is freedom there, but it's a cold and lonely place, the void of not-knowing.

"The sage does little,
but leaves nothing undone."
—Lao Tzu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
14 Sep 2018 22:33 - 14 Sep 2018 22:37 #326251 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
Perhaps, in the end, it is moot (ironically a word we use to mean 'not up for discussion' but actually means 'to discuss' and 'to meet and discuss'). But it is in deciding that rather than accept that nothing is complete truth and instead pursuing Paths of knowledge that can reveal parts of that great, absolute truth that was separate a Jedi from who they were before.

To resign oneself to the fate of "I'll never know, so why align myself with anything" is a statement made waving a white flag to the trials and tribulations of life.

TM: Zenchi
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal I Sabre IVlog ~
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2018 22:37 by Arisaig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Twigga

More
15 Sep 2018 12:04 #326259 by Streen
Streen replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.

Arisaig wrote: To resign oneself to the fate of "I'll never know, so why align myself with anything" is a statement made waving a white flag to the trials and tribulations of life.

I can see why you would think that. At first, it sort of is like "giving up". But within that state of not knowing is born the power of decision. Life, I've found, is not about knowing, it's about choosing.

"The sage does little,
but leaves nothing undone."
—Lao Tzu

More
17 Sep 2018 15:14 #326351 by Nakis
Nakis replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
There is a certain feeling I get from being one with myself and acknowledging it. I feel more in step with myself. I find having a methodology or something that helps formulate the next step to be beneficial, so Jediism (while always being my path) as an acknowledged "this is what we do" methodology, has helped me understand how to take my thoughts and help others.

Licensed Clergy Person
Outreach Team
Master: JLSpinner
Come visit my garden !

More
17 Sep 2018 19:18 #326377 by Onllwyn
Onllwyn replied the topic: Freedoms by becoming a Modern day Jeddist.
I'm just weeks into my exploration of Jediism, so take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

For me, it has given me the freedom to explore myself more because I found a defined belief system that fits very closely with how I've felt most of my life. That didn't fit with all of the belief systems I had encountered to this point. I grew up in an extended family with many religions within it. Jews and Greek Orthodox and Christian and Catholic and Church of England and... I had a buffet of belief systems to choose from, but they were all more similar than they were different and I didn't fit.

I know, especially with recent events, we are not all the same and we have differences of opinion that are sometimes even unreconcilable. That happens in every arena of life I've been involved with. However, I think in general I'm much more like all of you than I am like the people I grew up with.

Not worrying about hiding who you are and what you believe gives all sorts of freedoms. The first is: it is okay to be me in front of all of you.

More
17 Sep 2018 19:28 #326378 by Carlos.Martinez3
And to me that’s a freedom too be be upfront too!!

Build, not tear down.