Relationship

More
08 Jul 2018 13:19 #323964 by Streen
Streen created the topic: Relationship
Hello all,

I’m writing this now for reasons that will soon become apparent. I apologize for the length of this post, but considering that I don’t say much here, this will make up for it.

Those of you who know me, know that I am fickle. Or perhaps a better word would be “conflicted”. I’ve come and gone from the Jedi community more times than I can count. TotJO, however, has continued to draw my attention, and I’m only now understanding why.

I haven’t considered myself a Jedi for a long time. I’ve used the word, the title, but it hasn’t really felt appropriate for months, if not years. I realize this conflicts with my actions and I wouldn’t blame anyone for calling me out on that.

What I’m getting at is that I’ve come to understand God on a different level. I know the very mention of that word turns some people off, but let me assure you that just as I am not a Jedi, I am not a Christian either. I tend not to put a label on what I am now. I am Aaron, if anything. That is my real name.

What I’ve learned to do is pray. For a very long time I felt like I couldn’t pray, like God hated me, or that he would never provide what I prayed for. When I was finally broken, finally desperate, I called out to Him. And he answered.

I know it may be hard for some of you to accept, but I believe God has brought me here for an important reason, particularly to post this message. I’m not accusing anyone of being sinners or that you’re going to Hell for being Jedi. I’m not that kind of person. I tend to think that the Force is another word for the Holy Spirit. It’s not an original idea, as I’ve heard other Jedi say the same.

So, what is my point? I’m not sure I have one, other than to provide an example of what it is to have a relationship with God. I know for a fact that some of you may call me crazy for saying this, but I’ve been having dialogues with Him. That might sound insane to some, but I haven’t been led astray. His guidance—on a daily basis—has improved my life on many levels. Just as a Jedi senses the Force which guides them in a direction, I hear a “voice” that guides me to do the right thing.

The awe I feel in the way this guidance comes is beyond words. My prayers are starting to be answered. The conflict is gone, the emotional pain I’ve struggled with, as a person with depression and anxiety disorders, is beginning to fade.

I’m not posting a link or anything. I’m not promoting a “way” or “religion”, just a relationship. That’s something I didn’t understand until recently, but now that I do, I finally have peace.

If you have anything to say about this, I would suggest you contact me personally by way of PM.

Take care everyone :)

"The Force is with me
and I am one with the Force;
and I fear nothing,
for all is as the Force wills it."

—Mantra of the Disciples of the Whills
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, AdamH312, Kobos, Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2018 14:53 #323967 by JLock316
JLock316 replied the topic: Relationship
Great message. It is not crazy. I believe most religions are reading different sides of the same page. For some reason, people have been fighting wars over it for years. My belief is, whether you believe in God, Allah, Buddah, the Force, or any other ultimate power, as long as it doesn't bother anybody else, and it helps you make it through your existence, then live and let live. Leave it up to that power to judge. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Jason Lockhart
Be one with the force
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
12 Jul 2018 12:24 #324076 by Streen
Streen replied the topic: Relationship
I am no judge. Let me say that first. But I'm not entirely sure you grasped what I was getting at. I'm not sure I knew what I was getting at. But your response has clarified something.

While I believe that the "Force" is roughly the same as the Holy Spirit, I do not believe in "religious soup". In other words, I no longer believe in taking a little from every religion or saying that they're all the same, just under different names. The gods you mentioned are all very different fundamentally. Some religions have many gods. I believe there is only one God. I refuse to say "I am right, and you are wrong". That's not who I am. Like I said, I'm no judge. But my beliefs have evolved over time.

A question that altered my direction was this: who or what answers your prayers?. I pose the question rather than the answer, because I would like to see people arrive at their destination by way of free will. I'm not forcing any beliefs on anyone. But I've learned how to ask the right questions as they tend to be more useful than flat-out answers.

"The Force is with me
and I fear nothing,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Kobos

More
13 Jul 2018 02:13 #324101 by Adder
Adder replied the topic: Relationship
I rest my judgement on this to it being at the level of subconscious, as the vehicle, and be open to what might be facilitating that whether imagination, subconscious processing or external influence. More in an exploratory sense then prescriptive to any religious narrative or mythology. As I'm well aware of the results of the integration of various mental faculties like vision, hearing, seeing, dreaming and feeling to produce results which neatly fit the explanations of a large chunk of most religions. For example I've even seen and interacted with an angel in a sleep paralysis experience, and it was amazingly rich in detail to the extent it was very informative to my wider spiritual path!!! :D
I have heard a booming voice a few times, but it seems very rare for me such that the timing seems more important then the message, in the larger scheme of things. It's an interesting topic!!

'The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.' ~ William Gibson
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
Former Apprentices: PCoronaf, Ratcliffe
Apprentices: Hypatia

More
13 Jul 2018 11:44 - 13 Jul 2018 11:45 #324132 by Streen

Adder wrote: and it was amazingly rich in detail to the extent it was very informative

Allow me to tell you about something amazingly rich in detail... I call it Hell.

As some of you know, I made two suicide attempts, roughly 13 years ago. I don't remember much, if anything, about them. What I do remember is the experiences that follow. During my time that I was in the hospital, I recall being somewhere else, or perhaps many places, that could be considered worse than a mere nightmare. I suffered emotionally and spiritually in a reality that can no more grasp than I can explain it. I was trapped. Separated. Alone.

I've had many surgeries since those days, one of which was exactly a year ago (July 11th, 2017). It was to be my final surgery. And yet, after I was unconscious, I was once again trapped, separated, alone. I experienced Hell in a way I never had before. Words really do not describe how it felt, but after a year of contemplating it, I realize that God was giving me a warning. Not just for myself, but for anyone who would listen. Hell is a very real place. I know this, because I've been there, multiple times.

I'm not judging anyone here, but you should prepare yourself for the possibility that something else may judge you. I'm reluctant to share this, but perhaps to show you how real this suffering was, I wrote down everything I could remember about that other place. It's a lot to read, but if you are intent on understanding what I'm saying, I can only suggest you read it.

Unreal

"The Force is with me
and I fear nothing,

Last Edit: 13 Jul 2018 11:45 by Streen.

More
14 Jul 2018 03:18 #324141 by Adder
Adder replied the topic: Relationship
Yeap the 'self' (or soul, or whatever vehicle one might choose to call that 'it' of being aware) is capable of amazing things, whatever the source of the experience. Imagine if some of that could be harnessed for utility!!

'The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.' ~ William Gibson
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
Former Apprentices: PCoronaf, Ratcliffe
Apprentices: Hypatia

More
15 Jul 2018 01:54 #324158 by Rex
Rex replied the topic: Relationship
So an awful lot of this thread is you saying you're not a "Judge" "Jedi" or "Christian" even though it sounds a bit to the contrary.
What labels would you use to describe yourself? Who is Streen/Aaron now, and where are you going? How do your beliefs stack up against Jediism (since you're in the forum)? Will anything change from what we've seen from you in the past? What prompted you to post this or what did you want to get from it?
Everything exists because of something else and behind every username is a person with complex beliefs, emotions, and experiences. I'd like to be a bit more enlightened

When life gives you lemons, return them for store credit.
My Mediocre IP Journal

More
16 Jul 2018 15:41 #324177 by Streen

Rex wrote: So an awful lot of this thread is you saying you're not a "Judge" "Jedi" or "Christian" even though it sounds a bit to the contrary.
What labels would you use to describe yourself? Who is Streen/Aaron now, and where are you going? How do your beliefs stack up against Jediism (since you're in the forum)? Will anything change from what we've seen from you in the past? What prompted you to post this or what did you want to get from it?
Everything exists because of something else and behind every username is a person with complex beliefs, emotions, and experiences. I'd like to be a bit more enlightened

Sorry, I don't use labels. Who am I? It doesn't matter. Where am I going? How could I possibly see the future?

My beliefs? I am here simply to observe and guide. I don't "stack" beliefs against each other. Though to answer your question, yes you will see something different this time.

Why did I post this? Because I think I was meant to. Reason and logic have nothing to do with it.

As for my user name, it's old. I've used since before the beginning of the Jedi community. People recognize it, so I use it. What lies behind the name is a person who has finally seen the world and life in a new way, a way that extends beyond Jediism.

In short, I don't know anything. I never will. Life isn't about knowing, it's about choosing.

"The Force is with me
and I fear nothing,

More
16 Jul 2018 16:38 #324184 by Zenchi
Zenchi replied the topic: Relationship
A week later, i'm still clueless as to the point of this thread, shrugs....

"My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life" ~ Sturm Brightblade

“Hypocrisy is the audacity to preach integrity from a den of corruption.”
-Wes Fesler

Apprentices: Arisaig Avalon
TM- RyuJin

I am not the Librarian, but if you need help with the Library pm me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: LTK, Rex

More
16 Jul 2018 16:56 #324187 by rugadd
rugadd replied the topic: Relationship
I manufacture auditory hallucinations in myself some times. For the longest time The Major from GITSAC(dubbed version) was my life coach. A useful tool.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder