Let's Talk

More
03 Aug 2018 13:11 #324791 by Kohadre
Kohadre replied the topic: Let's Talk
I find that more is usually said using fewer words; perhaps because more is left open to interpretation.

It does have the benefit of making communication more direct and honest however. I find the difficulty in this usually comes from figuring out how to communicate a complex message in simple terms.

I'm sure it's something that most on here struggle with. Elsewise; sermons wouldn't be so drawn out ;)

Remember the doctrine; embody the code.
Live the creed; embrace the 16 teachings.
Honor your vows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Twigga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 16:04 #324795 by Senan
Senan replied the topic: Let's Talk
In my experience, communicating with others is most successful when it is genuine communication. More words, less words, big words or small... what is important is that you are speaking from a place that is honest. It is hard to be vulnerable, especially when romance is involved, but if you share your feelings as they come, you won't end up regretting it later.

per fraternitate consurgamus
Knight | Councillor | Sergeant At Arms
Apprentices: vladucard , ThomasWFaulkner
Knight Journal | Seminary Journal | Senan's Health Journey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Kobos

More
04 Aug 2018 03:14 #324813 by Kobos
Kobos replied the topic: Let's Talk
It couldn't be said much better Senan,

I present this as a question for you both, is it worth the effort to try and alter lengths of word at the expense of depth?

I often try to be to the point with what I say. But, I've found that conversations of which emotional attachment are somewhat in need of an extended length to really convey a simple thing that is also expecting an equal or at least acknowledged response by the audience; in itself an interesting part of the ego and a complex process of communication.

Respect, Love and Peace,
Kobos

Training Master: JLSpinner Training Brother: Nakis