Let's Talk

More
10 Jul 2018 12:20 #324022 by vladucard
vladucard replied the topic: Let's Talk
Maybe you need to draw more cartoons, lol. Also, it sounds like you are recreating pictures for regular people and not the celebrities that I've seen you draw. I think that's better to be honest, it's more "real".

"Breathe deep....and live it" - Arisaig
Teaching Master: Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2018 12:56 #324025 by Zenchi
Zenchi replied the topic: Let's Talk

vladucard wrote: Maybe you need to draw more cartoons, lol. Also, it sounds like you are recreating pictures for regular people and not the celebrities that I've seen you draw. I think that's better to be honest, it's more "real".

If it were up to me, would much rather spend my time working on graphic art, unfortunately it takes time to sell, and is not a sure thing. For now I am restricted to relying mostly on commissions, and that in in of itself is hit n miss as people seldom value the time put in required...

"My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life" ~ Sturm Brightblade

Apprentices: Arisaig Avalon
TM- RyuJin

I am not the Librarian, but if you need help with the Library pm me...

The Empire Statement

More
10 Jul 2018 23:32 #324029 by rugadd
rugadd replied the topic: Let's Talk
I view Zenchi's work as skill not talent, though I'm sure he has some.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Kobos

More
11 Jul 2018 13:26 #324040 by Kobos
Kobos replied the topic: Let's Talk
Well put I in no way wanted to bypass the hours put in to hone the skill.

Training Master: JLSpinner Training Brother: Nakis

More
15 Jul 2018 14:23 #324163 by Kobos
So, I wanted to bring up something of human kindness I saw yesterday while I was working.

I was sitting behind the counter in the store I work in when I suddenly heard a lot of obscenity laced yelling from some where down the strip mall. I walked out my the front of the store to see what was happening, turns out a homeless gentleman was yelling at some kids for a reason I don't know. Instead of someone interjecting as I would have figured for a typical suburban situation, a man walked up and worked to deescalate the situation. For, a minute I had to run back to the counter for a minute, as I returned to the door I saw the gentleman and homeless gentleman walking out of Subway a little further down the strip mall each with sandwich and drink in hand. I heard a god bless and the homeless gentleman walked back out towards the main street. It was something I did not expect, to be honest I expected the other stores to call the cops. But, that was a lot of effort on the intervening gentleman to deescalate and then turn a situation into a benefit for the "aggressor". That is behavior fitting of a Jedi and a kind human, I thank that man for his lesson.

Much love,
Kobos

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Arisaig

More
15 Jul 2018 23:33 #324169 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: Let's Talk
Small random acts of kindness make often a bigger picture.

I saw a guy at our local mall me and the boy and baby girl frequent - he was smelly and had a water bottle / not / filled with water. Here in NC (North Carolina) homeless are wide spread. Wide spread and frequent to the point of - indifference. Dude frequently hangs out at then mall with a guitar. One day I asked him can he play us a tune. He sat down and began to play an old country western... I ordered a pizza for us all - me the boy and him. Two strangers passing a guitar and singing along with each other. Needless to say the man often says hi at our mall when we see him. It -changed - our visits from that day forth till today and on for good. Funny what you learn from kindness hu? Just a little , goes a long way ...

www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy
Assoc. Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clerg...769-the-block#255108
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
18 Jul 2018 05:29 #324226 by Kobos
Thank you Carlos, that is a great example for us all. Whats awesome that change doesn't just effect the gentleman, you and your son, others will feed of it. Beautiful man just beautiful!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
19 Jul 2018 03:39 #324245 by Kobos
We all have some pretty dang awesome insights, prophetic and very profound things to say! Share them guys! Share them here no matter if you think it sounds simple or if it seems like it doesn't make sense.

Let's talk guys

More
20 Jul 2018 13:48 #324299 by Kobos
Well I was hoping to get a bite on this one but I suppose I will trow one in.

Sometime, it's not really about knowing what you are doing or why, it's just about doing it and understanding will follow.

More
21 Jul 2018 04:35 #324324 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Let's Talk

Kobos wrote: We all have some pretty dang awesome insights, prophetic and very profound things to say! Share them guys! Share them here no matter if you think it sounds simple or if it seems like it doesn't make sense.

Let's talk guys

The quality of a Jedi isn't about never making a mistake. It's about what you do after.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Kobos, Twigga