Is your life better?

More
01 May 2018 23:22 #321041 by Adder
Adder replied the topic: Is your life better?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: So I guess Im still not sure what you are asking? Are you asking if I think its possible to alter or focus my consciousness in such a way as to modify objective reality?

You mean like magick!? Hehe, no... that would be interesting though. Rather using 'mind' to assist information processing by manipulation of sensory data types as they might be able to exist within subjective reality. But I don't mean to take the thread too far off course, but you did ask and I happened to offer a question to help explain my answer... its not a point so much in its own right.

'The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.' ~ William Gibson
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
Former Apprentices: PCoronaf, Ratcliffe
Apprentices: Hypatia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2018 00:49 #321043 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Kyrin Wyldstar replied the topic: Is your life better?
I guess i don't see the relevance of your question? Sensory inputs do not exist in subjective reality but in objective reality. They are the filters that data passes through and it is mind that already is responsible for processing that data by a subroutine algorithm of reason which is a recursive loop where data is passed through memory, feelings and thoughts until it forms beliefs upon which we either respond rationally to a situation or react emotionally to a situation. Those actions and responses are fed back to memory as new events upon which the process begins again. So I see no way that mind is not utilised already to its fullest to interpret subjective reality?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.

My IP Journal: Kyrin-IP
My AP Journal: Kyrin-AP
My Jedaii Journal: Kyrin-Jedaii
Apprentice to: Formely:Alan / Currently:Kamikeedi Temple of the Jedaii and Senan

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017

More
02 May 2018 01:26 #321044 by Adder

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I guess i don't see the relevance of your question? Sensory inputs do not exist in subjective reality but in objective reality. They are the filters that data passes through and it is mind that already is responsible for processing that data by a subroutine algorithm of reason which is a recursive loop where data is passed through memory, feelings and thoughts until it forms beliefs upon which we either respond rationally to a situation or react emotionally to a situation. Those actions and responses are fed back to memory as new events upon which the process begins again. So I see no way that mind is not utilised already to its fullest to interpret subjective reality?

It was part of my answer in describing what the actual practice of tuning into the Force might be for a Jedi, since that was one of the things which you asked, and how it was the result of the difference approach of Jediism from most other practices.

'The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.' ~ William Gibson

More
02 May 2018 14:30 #321057 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Kyrin Wyldstar replied the topic: Is your life better?

Adder wrote: It was part of my answer in describing what the actual practice of tuning into the Force might be for a Jedi, since that was one of the things which you asked, and how it was the result of the difference approach of Jediism from most other practices.

Ahh!! Now I get it. Sometimes your writing style goes right over my head!

Adder wrote: when someone actually develops a working relationship with their feelings and senses that integrates more deeply with their thoughts, results can become tangible.

What you describe here sounds like a completely internal process. So how is this different from any other traditions approach you describe? i.e. what “collective of efforts” sets Jediism apart from other systems? Is it just source material?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.

My IP Journal: Kyrin-IP
My AP Journal: Kyrin-AP
My Jedaii Journal: Kyrin-Jedaii
Apprentice to: Formely:Alan / Currently:Kamikeedi Temple of the Jedaii and Senan

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017

More
02 May 2018 22:25 - 02 May 2018 23:29 #321069 by Adder
OK, sorry I've no idea how I 'sound' after I've thought what I want to say. It's not until a few years when I go back and read something that I wrote that I realize how hard it is to understand what I mean.....

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Adder wrote: when someone actually develops a working relationship with their feelings and senses that integrates more deeply with their thoughts, results can become tangible.

What you describe here sounds like a completely internal process. So how is this different from any other traditions approach you describe? i.e. what “collective of efforts” sets Jediism apart from other systems? Is it just source material?

For me, the bastardization of anything I can find into an amalgam of whatever works.... :D I
It just happens to fit nicely with this theme, mostly because the original trilogy had such a big part in my early youth and subsequent interest in particular topics all working to a shared idea, but also the future-sense of the particular mythic vehicle seems to free the participant from being an 'adherent' from a past 'real' reality to a seeker of future potential reality.
Which reduces the usefulness of dogmatism seeping into the practise, unless it really is useful to that persons path - and unless the fiction asserted itself as prophecy (which I've never seen).
The more historical based paradigms tend to define a view as right, while Jediism (like science) instead could be seen to ask the person to find what is most right - as process, as path.

The risk of my approach is it gets filled with superficial entertainment too much too early, to either justify small progress or even reinforce stagnation.......... for as much as exploration is integral to bastardization LOL, so is experimentation to refine what works and what does not at that time.

If I was to try and explain what I mean by that last paragraph;
If one stops the process of self development with a small set of useful results as praxis/belief then they develop a linear growth in it just as it grows in context through experience, it could be said to be linear since it itself is not growing. As a result that path moves away from others very quickly unless they agree exactly and follow the same path. People with similar paths will stay close, but people with dissimilar paths lose relevance fast (unless they are cyclic LOL and make periodic passes of relevance). They do make progress slowly. I'm tempted to steal a Buddhist concept and call it Hīnayāna but that would be presumptious, not appropriate and probably entirely wrong.

If one does not stops the process of self development but instead explores and adds new tools that produce useful results as praxis/belief then they develop like a cubic growth, both growing in context through experience and accumulating new methods. As a resultant path it develops more results faster. Again, if I'm tempted to steal a Buddhist concept and call it Mahāyāna it would become inevitable I will be hunted down by angry Buddhists and punished... tempting as it is.

But if doing both exploration and experimentation together through time then IMO it is like exponential growth where results are created through the process itself, resultant yet accelerating perhaps, or... if I call that Vajrayāna I will be trapped in cyclic existence so I won't go there!!!

The later taking the longest to produce initial results, but given enough time produces more results faster - which is my preference as a closet Taoist one of my focus areas is longevity. The last two compared to the first one though add an element of vulnerability to the process, because error in the praxis/belief can grow just like the result.... which is probably why I prefer that later one as it actively tries to cull out the erroneous by its focus on result. So Jediism being syncretic and future-sense affords me that platform.... plus the other reasons I've posted in this thread. Just all my opinion, and I've probably misunderstood your question anyway!

Attachments:
Last Edit: 02 May 2018 23:29 by Adder. Reason: tweak'd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyrin Wyldstar

More
10 May 2018 17:16 - 10 May 2018 17:20 #321392 by OB1Shinobi
OB1Shinobi replied the topic: Is your life better?
Sorry for the delay in my reply. Its been finals and my home life is chaotic right now. Im preparing a post but I guess im a retard, lol. Somehow I submitted waaay before I was ready. I may not finish it tonight, to be honest. Thanks for your patience.

"One should respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond that is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways"
-Lord Russel
Last Edit: 10 May 2018 17:20 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyrin Wyldstar