Need questions on Jediism answered please

More
22 Feb 2018 01:58 #316315 by rcosh6345
rcosh6345 created the topic: Need questions on Jediism answered please
My 12 year old son has to do a comparative religious report for school. He has chosen Jediism. Can a Temple Member please answer these questions for him. I found the following from the website and would like verification/corrections please.

Question 1: Religious Beliefs
In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.
In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.
In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.
In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.
In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion and over time.
In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.
In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association and expression.

Question 2: Afterlife
Jedi believe in eternal life through the Force. We do not become obsessed in mourning those who pass. We may grieve at their passing but we are content, knowing that they will forever be a part of the Force and so always a part of us.

Question 3: Important Foods
No special foods

Question 4: Holidays
Mar 21 - Day of Recognition - to honour each other and the bonds between us all (also International Earth Day)
May 25 - Jediism Day - to honour Jediism and the path (also International Jedi Day)
Sep 21 - Day of Harmony - to honour peace and our connection with the Force (also World Peace Day)
Oct 31 - Memorial Day - to honour those that have passed back into the Force (also Samhein/Halloween)
Dec 25 - Anniversary Day - to honour the Temple and its founding (also Christmas Day)
Dec 31 - Day of Reflection - to honour our own past and future (also New Year's Eve)

Question 5: Offensive terms
None in particular but please use respectful language, do not be abusive and swear
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2018 02:08 #316316 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: Need questions on Jediism answered please
Sounds about right to me. :)

TM: Zenchi
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal I Sabre IVlog ~

More
22 Feb 2018 02:21 #316318 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: Need questions on Jediism answered please

Arisaig wrote: Sounds about right to me. :)

I second arisaig ! Looks good to me !
May I add , food .... food is good . Everything in moderation but modern day Jedi like food - can I say that officially ? All joking aside we as modern day Jedi are normal Everyday people with many difrent views but these few core beliefs is what most share! Then we share tea and cake and cookies and cake ... and pie ... lol and cool beards ! Anything really that makes human people feel human .

Ps hail to the dad who takes part in his family's search ! Hail to the family who teaches and searches for one another ... hail to the dad who cares for his loved one as such !!!! Good on ya dad from one father to another !!! My in box is always ---- ALLWAYS open for you- dad! May the force keep you as you seek it!

www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy
Assoc. Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clerg...769-the-block#255108
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
22 Feb 2018 02:28 #316319 by MadHatter
MadHatter replied the topic: Need questions on Jediism answered please
Question 1: Religious Beliefs

I would add here that some Jedi hold more than one religion and only adhere to Jediism as a philosophy so they might hold different beliefs than a purely religious Jedi. Further, while the Jedi believes section is very widely accepted how this is interpreted varies from Jedi to Jedi.

Question 2: Afterlife

In this section, I would state that some Jedi do not believe in an afterlife and the idea of eternal life via the Force is much more bound in the idea of our actions and teachings and physical energy never truly fading from the world.

Knight of the Order/Youth Officer/IP Team lead.
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Aqua
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Arisaig

More
22 Feb 2018 03:16 #316320 by Trisskar
Trisskar replied the topic: Need questions on Jediism answered please
I would also add that there is more than one practice. :) Not all Jedi follow the same set up as Temple Of The Jedi Order. There are actually alot of groups, websites, Chapters and social media pages out there that represent Jediism differently from the other :) This Temple is just One practice of many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin