Other Jedi Churches and Temples

More
12 Jan 2018 07:34 #311907 by Br. John
Br. John replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples

Marguerite Rose wrote: Ahh sorry about that. I’ll keep the links in mind in the future.

And thank you for all the responses, they have brought some clarity to minute worries.

No worries. I get moderated too. Jedi Church org is active but it's (if anyone knows better please correct me) almost all on Facebook now and a discussion group. It's called Jedi Church (The Original).

I've seen some good advice posted. Speaking for myself and, I can safely say, for The Order. I / we hope you'll find a community or communities that's right for you and what's best for you. If that's here, great. If that's somewhere else, great. If it's a mixture, great.

As Tellahane said with different words, if you chase two rabbits you'll catch neither.

Founder of The Order

"I'm not looking for absolution, Forgiveness for the things i do, But before you come to any conclusions, Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps, Keep the same appointments i kept, If you try walking in my shoes. I'm not looking for a clearer conscience, Peace of mind after what I've been through, And before we talk of any repentance, Try walking in my shoes" ~ Depeche Mode
The following user(s) said Thank You: Senan, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2018 21:17 #311966 by Alethea Thompson
Alethea Thompson replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
Full Disclosure: I am an admin of Jedi Church (the Original).

Don't go to a facebook oriented Jedi group if you're looking to actually learn the Jedi Path. The FB groups are just like any other social media group out there- a way to communicate with other people. A sort of "Cafe" for different Jedi Orders. JC(tO) is actually one for the entire community, and we encourage orders that have been approved (ToTJO being one) as legit orders to post lectures like advertisements for their orders.

The orders you want to go to, to learn, are the ones with established forums.

That said, Tellahane brought up the concept of payment. I'm not against orders that have you pay to learn. After having done this for 15+ years, I can fully understand the value of paying for a teacher's time and effort in crafting a well-organized class. I am a bit bias though, as my order opened a Seminary to help fundraise for Jedi Gatherings. The way I would measure whether or not the classes are worth it, though, is to actually read what is on the outside. If there is free material that the group is giving out, use that as a your test on whether or not you believe they will have any quality material. For Church of Jediism, they have 7 free courses you can sign up for and read/watch through. If you like what you see, then there are other courses they have available.

Simply because the school I am with DOES have a bit of a competition in terms of teaching Jediism with TOTJO, I'm not going to name off who we are out of respect for the order. And until the council here says it is okay otherwise, I won't respond with a link or name in PM either.

More
12 Jan 2018 23:39 #311977 by Br. John
Br. John replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
I don't feel like it's competition. While there is a charge for courses the proceeds go to further Jediism, not to a particular person or persons gain. www.armoniaseminary.com/ I have not evaluated anything there and this is not an endorsement. How's that?

Founder of The Order

"I'm not looking for absolution, Forgiveness for the things i do, But before you come to any conclusions, Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps, Keep the same appointments i kept, If you try walking in my shoes. I'm not looking for a clearer conscience, Peace of mind after what I've been through, And before we talk of any repentance, Try walking in my shoes" ~ Depeche Mode
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson