Other Jedi Churches and Temples

More
11 Jan 2018 18:55 - 12 Jan 2018 04:35 #311856 by Marguerite Rose
Marguerite Rose created the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
How do we collectively feel about other Jedi organizations? I would really like to know the opinions of my fellow Jedi. These seem to be the biggest sites I know of. Church of Jediism and The Jedi Church I'm not sure if the later is active though.
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 04:35 by MadHatter. Reason: Outside Links

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2018 19:02 #311859 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
There really are so many other groups. Not many are "churches" officially, but all are full of Jedi that perhaps walk a different walk.

That is the beautiful thing about Jediism. It is what you make of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Force speaks to us all, always. It takes a quiet mind to hear it, and a willing mind to listen.

Teaching Master: Knight Zenchi
Holocrons ~ IP I AP I Personal I
Sabre IVlog ~

More
11 Jan 2018 19:10 #311863 by Atticus
Atticus replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
I don't think we collectively feel any way about them; individually, I suppose you should feel however you feel. ;) I've trained at other sites in the past, not so much now. It can be valuable to approach the Path from a different direction. It can also be distracting or contradictory.

Secretary for the Clergy | Associate Youth Officer | Council Secretary
Apprentice: Zero_storm | | Journals: AP | DQS | Knight | Meditation | Mod | Seminary
Clergy Structure | Events Calendar | Offices and Teams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goken

More
11 Jan 2018 20:26 - 12 Jan 2018 04:36 #311873 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Kyrin Wyldstar replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples

Marguerite Rose wrote: How do we collectively feel about other Jedi organizations? I would really like to know the opinions of my fellow Jedi. These seem to be the biggest sites I know of. Church of Jediism and The Jedi Church I'm not sure if the later is active though.

Well if we were a cohesive collection we might have an official opinion but we are not and therefore we do not. In fact I don't think this temple takes an official stance on anything outside its own dogma. However some here do think the church of Jediism is full of hooey! :P But you must decide for yourself.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.

My IP Journal: Kyrin-IP
My AP Journal: Kyrin-AP
My Jedaii Journal: Kyrin-Jedaii
Apprentice to: Formely:Alan / Currently:Kamikeedi Temple of the Jedaii and Senan

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 04:36 by MadHatter. Reason: Outside Links
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
11 Jan 2018 22:30 - 11 Jan 2018 22:32 #311883 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
There are a lot out there. Quite a few and more and more are being made every day. Take time to search the net and your lpcal area. We here at the Temple encourage anyone and everyone to seek out their own paths. That being said we have difrent people from difrent faiths sects orders and organizations . There is never -NEVER the idea that we are like the one ring - TO RULe THEM all!!! lol smiley face - Jedi ism can be a collective syncretic faith and the more it is - the more YOU are , the more we as a whole are as well. Bring any faith or denomination or waynor idea thru these halls and sit with others of like and not so like faith . Be Jedi --- your definition of Jedi ! Become more or less of anything you like - you and every one is encouraged to grow here in faith hope and anything else you like ! Grow ! Yes , yes you can ! Learn - yes , yes you can ! Be Jedi friend - we are the colors that make up the world .

www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2018 22:32 by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
12 Jan 2018 00:04 #311887 by Opie Macleod
Opie Macleod replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
Diversity is great. It allows people to find an approach and atmosphere that works for them. The core of the Path stays the same (if it doesn't something to question) - what really differs is approach and the allowance of certain behaviors. Some places really embody the forge mentality. Cutting your teeth on topics and debates and discourse. Other places set themselves up with a very active atmosphere - like a lively school yard. Very loud, very active, plenty of things to get involved with. And some still are more library in nature. Quiet, study-focused.

None of them are restrictive. Meaning you don't have to pick and chose. You like five different sites - you can join in all five. Time management might become a concern, but certainly you are free to be involved as much as you like in as many groups as you like. So really you can get different takes on t he exact same concepts. As said, the core of the Path remains the same - just explored in different ways.

There is no one size fits all within the Jedi Community, so this diversity of other places allows for people to find and explore the Jedi Path in a way that speaks best to them. Some people really dig certain places over others. All good. Because in the end - regardless of what group one belongs to - we get more Jedi in the world. And that is definitely a good thing.

My two pennies. As noted - this is mroe a individual opinion rather than any sort of collective ideal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Locksley, Atticus, Manami

More
12 Jan 2018 00:16 #311888 by Manami
Manami replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
What I think of them, individually, is going to be largely determined on what I see out of their people, and whether it looks like whatever they are doing is helping to encourage the principles associated with Jediism. If not, I don't really concern myself further with them. I think it's useful to have the different approaches, and only wish (as goes for any spiritual tradition) people wouldn't get so invested in their way being the "right" or "best" one that it covers the whole scene with an atmosphere of infighting and pettiness. I've really only got the time to participate deeply in one or maybe two organizations, and this one has been a good fit for the spiritual work (with a growing interest in Saber Guild for their performance and charity work).

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Opie Macleod

More
12 Jan 2018 04:46 - 12 Jan 2018 04:50 #311899 by MadHatter
MadHatter replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
I dont think collectively feeling any particular way is not a good idea when it comes to other training sites. It takes away individual interpretation. Personally based on my admittedly LIMITED very limited knowledge of Mr. Jones and his training system I cant say I am a fan of it. The other site I know nothing about.

The only two sites I end up suggesting to people are Force Acadamy and Jedi Living and that is because I have gotten to know the material they teach and the people that are in charge to varying degrees. Since I trust the people and material I am comfortable recommending them

The reason the Temple as a whole probably should never recommend any site is that people, material, and leadership changes. This means what is taught there now might not be so tomorrow never mind a year or more out. In order to keep from promoting something unsafe, unhealthy, or heaven forbid illegal its best to let individuals speak for themselves that way the leadership does not have to worry about keeping track on if the training of other places is something we would put our name to recommending if that makes sense?

Also as I side note we generally do not allow links to outside training sites so I removed them. But I intend to get something going in Council for clarification on this rule.

Knight of the Order/Youth Officer/IP Team lead.
Training Master: Jestor

Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 04:50 by MadHatter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Brick, Manami

More
12 Jan 2018 04:50 #311901 by Tellahane
Tellahane replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
I think visiting the other various communities can be a healthy thing, and I encourage it. If you ever get into my journals and things you will know I'm big on wanting to obtain as many perspectives and different points of views on any given one thing because it helps to better understand it. Different communities have a lot of things that are similar but also lots of things that are different and the biggest thing is the life experiences of the members there that they share that really makes it unique.

That being said, as others have said I would be cautious about taking on too much, focus on studying at one site at a time, feel free to visit and chat at others but you should really make sure your taking the time to take those studies to heart and to apply them to your life and learn from them adequately. Taking on too much at once or rushing through things will only cause you more problems in trying to understand stuff then it will help.

My only other personal bias I have on other communities, if any of them requires of you payment of any kind as a requirement for training....I don't find that acceptable or Jedi-like behavior, donations is one thing, but requirement is another. That's just my personal bias on that though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, Manami

More
12 Jan 2018 06:40 - 12 Jan 2018 06:47 #311905 by Marguerite Rose
Marguerite Rose replied the topic: Other Jedi Churches and Temples
Ahh sorry about that. I’ll keep the links in mind in the future.

And thank you for all the responses, they have brought some clarity to minute worries.
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 06:47 by Marguerite Rose.