TOJO and Jedi Classes

More
06 Oct 2017 03:22 - 06 Oct 2017 03:47 #303185 by FTPC
FTPC created the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
I was reading the Jedi Path and I had a thought

Sould TOJO have the Jedi path or Classes in the book "The Jedi Path"

Apprentices and Knights have access to only one training group. Master has access to all three.

Specialized groups

Descriptions as taken from the book, The Jedi Path.

Jedi Sentinel
A Jedi Sentinel is the name given to one of the three Jedi Orders and is considered the middle ground to the other Orders.

Jedi Sentinels receive adequate knowledge in both combat skills and knowledge of the Force, utilizing both skills when necessary. This Order is also unlike the other two; they realize that the Force has limitations and they are not blinded by faith.

Where a Guardian would break down a door, or a Consular would simply knock, a Sentinel would use their skills and ingenuity to pick the lock. Oftentimes, it was common that they may learn a series of non-Force associated skills such as security, demolitions or stealth techniques, as well as ingenuity.

Jedi Sentinels often take on tasks not well suited to the other Orders, preferring to stay in one place for a long period of time. Jedi Sentinels also practiced specialized techniques in the Force. A favored Force technique was a special form of Force Immunity that, combined with their increased mental conditioning, protected against outside mental influences, even Force-based attacks to guard them from effects such as fear or paralysis.

Although not often lit unless necessary in a situation, most Sentinels utilize a yellow blade in their light-saber, although like the other Orders, they are free to choose whichever color they feel best suited to. Most Sentinels believe that nobody deserves death and that everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

Paths:
Investigator
Recruiter
Shadow
Watchmen
———————————————————

Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardians are needed to prevent the spread of evil and keep the peace, through combat if necessary.

Concentrating on martial training and their combat skills, the Jedi Guardians will engage in combat more often than the Consular or Sentinel Paths of the Jedi Order.

Descended from their Progenitors whose role were to defend the weak and uphold the laws of the Galactic Republic. The Guardians are often seen as the representative of the Jedi Order.

Spending most of their time honing their Martial skills, Jedi Knights who chose the path of the Guardian are often seen choosing a blue coloured crystal for their saber.

Although they spent much of their time honing their Saber skills, their force abilities were in no way inferior to that of the Jedi Consular, they were just as capable of using the force.

Paths:
Weapons Master
Lightsaber Instructor
Ace
Peace Keeper
——————————————————

Jedi Consular
The path of the Jedi is one of harmony, one that avoids violence and seeks to unite living beings through the peace of the Force. Jedi Guardians are needed to prevent the spread of evil, but it is the Jedi Consulars who uphold the central precepts of the Jedi Code.

The Consulars seek diplomatic measures in spreading peace and harmony throughout the galaxy. Refraining from drawing their light-sabers (many Consulars wielded a green bladed light-saber) except as a measure of last resort, Consulars spend a great deal of time studying the mysteries of the Force.

Concentrating on mental refinement through study and meditation, Consulars seek to perfect the art of diplomacy and mediation, hoping to calm a tense situation or mend hurt feelings through civil discourse, reasoning, and parley, rather than drawing their light-

sabers and cutting down an attacker.

Profound skill with the Force is the mark of a Jedi Consular. The greatest Healers, Seers, Prophets and Researchers have come from the ranks of the Jedi Consular. Consulars can be outstanding fighters if pushed, but are more likely to rely on Force talents.

Paths:
Seer
Healer
Researcher
Diplomat

From the pages of the Jedi path

I think might help tojo out if we have paths, past knights
However, he is the catch you have to make Knight or have the rank of knight first off

I have wonder about this for a while now since I have come on the board...

here is a video

to better show you what I mean

Joined 14 January 2015 16:03 guest - Friday 24, 2015, member Saturday 1/27/2015.Novice -
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2017 03:47 by FTPC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, Zenchi, MadHatter, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2017 05:19 #303192 by vladucard
vladucard replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
how can we apply these things to everyday life though?

I love the book and I even have it on my meditation station but this, to me, is part of the fictional Jedi. Sure, there's lessons you can learn from it and use but what you are asking for may not be useful in our day to day ways.

It would be cool though ;)

"Breathe deep....and live it" - Arisaig
Teaching Master: Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3, Goken, jzen, Atticus, Kobos

More
06 Oct 2017 12:10 #303206 by Trisskar
Trisskar replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
The Jedi Path has no place here at TOTJO.......At All. (Save for personal reflection of your own choosing)

It is fiction.

Fiction is not what this temple is about.

Nor is it as good as so many others make it out to be haha XD A paragraph here, and idea there, some cool thoughts on a page or two....But overall it's very clearly....fiction XD Don't get me wrong, I have used it and I do suggest it....Loosely. It's a great book!! When you know how to properly dissect it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
06 Oct 2017 12:43 #303211 by MadHatter
MadHatter replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
FTPC I am working on just such a thing for my own training. Though not as in-depth as the book or lore puts out. My work will consist of two paths:

Jedi Guardian: This will focus on physical fitness and leadership skills for those that wish to focus on training others or Temple offices and are more martial in mindset.
Jedi Consular: This would focus on spiritual or diplomatic development for those that Temple clergy is a goal and are more philosophical or spiritual in nature.

That is not to say that either paths skills will not be taught to or benefit the other path. It's just a focus and a sign of what you prefer as your particular path in the Temple or wider Jedi community.

Now as far as your suggestion having various training modules could be a fun and useful thing but they would take a while to develop and I would not want them to become titles or any sort of awarded rank etc. It would just be courses with fun names for personal development and maybe it could count toward the senior Knight rank if people thought the study worthwhile.

Knight of the Order/Youth Officer/IP Team lead.
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Aqua
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, jzen, FTPC, Kobos, Arisaig

More
06 Oct 2017 13:57 #303215 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
As much as I personally like this idea... in practise what does it really do?

The Jedi Path book focuses more on the cinematic Jedi as they were in the Republic, whereas here (if we are to draw a comparison) we are more akin to that of the New Republic Jedi... Luke's Jedi. We do not shun relationships, we are not monastic, we do not demand lightsabers be had by all. As such, there were no classes in Luke's Jedi Order. They did not shun dark side abilities (Luke's Green Lightning, Jaina's Black Lightning) but they did expect one to keep a handle on their own power. They were not afraid to learn outside their Order (Jaina went to learn from Boba Fett on how to best kill Jedi in order to stop her brother, whom was falling to the dark side).

Honestly, if one wishes to follow a Path, meditate on it. If I'm not mistaken it was a Path chosen for them by the Force and was not a decision that could be changed. It may not even be the Path one would expect. Personally, I'd love to be a Sentinel Shadow... but that's probably not where the Force needs me. So meditate, be impartial, open your mind... be water, and become what the Force needs you to be.

And then, I dunno, if you feel the need for a class, put it in your signature. ;P Who knows, maybe one day it might catch on.

TM: Zenchi
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal I Sabre IVlog ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, Goken, jzen, FTPC, Kobos

More
06 Oct 2017 14:27 #303217 by jzen
jzen replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
I was discussing something similar with another last week. To me it sounds like a cool idea, and I can see how this or something similar could be really useful :) I do agree that if one does something like this, it's a personal thing arrived at after some period of meditation or contemplation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC, Kobos, Arisaig

More
06 Oct 2017 15:01 #303221 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes

FTPC wrote: I was reading the Jedi Path and I had a thought

Sould TOJO have the Jedi path or Classes in the book "The Jedi Path"

Apprentices and Knights have access to only one training group. Master has access to all three.

Specialized groups

Jedi Sentinel
A Jedi Sentinel is the name given to one of the three Jedi Orders and is considered the middle ground to the other Orders.

Jedi Sentinels receive adequate knowledge in both combat skills and knowledge of the Force, utilizing both skills when necessary. This Order is also unlike the other two; they realize that the Force has limitations and they are not blinded by faith.

Where a Guardian would break down a door, or a Consular would simply knock, a Sentinel would use their skills and ingenuity to pick the lock. Oftentimes, it was common that they may learn a series of non-Force associated skills such as security, demolitions or stealth techniques, as well as ingenuity.

Jedi Sentinels often take on tasks not well suited to the other Orders, preferring to stay in one place for a long period of time. Jedi Sentinels also practiced specialized techniques in the Force. A favored Force technique was a special form of Force Immunity that, combined with their increased mental conditioning, protected against outside mental influences, even Force-based attacks to guard them from effects such as fear or paralysis.

Although not often lit unless necessary in a situation, most Sentinels utilize a yellow blade in their light-saber, although like the other Orders, they are free to choose whichever color they feel best suited to. Most Sentinels believe that nobody deserves death and that everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

Paths:
Investigator
Recruiter
Shadow
Watchmen
———————————————————

Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardians are needed to prevent the spread of evil and keep the peace, through combat if necessary.

Concentrating on martial training and their combat skills, the Jedi Guardians will engage in combat more often than the Consular or Sentinel Paths of the Jedi Order.

Descended from their Progenitors whose role were to defend the weak and uphold the laws of the Galactic Republic. The Guardians are often seen as the representative of the Jedi Order.

Spending most of their time honing their Martial skills, Jedi Knights who chose the path of the Guardian are often seen choosing a blue coloured crystal for their saber.

Although they spent much of their time honing their Saber skills, their force abilities were in no way inferior to that of the Jedi Consular, they were just as capable of using the force.

Paths:
Weapons Master
Lightsaber Instructor
Ace
Peace Keeper
——————————————————

Jedi Consular
The path of the Jedi is one of harmony, one that avoids violence and seeks to unite living beings through the peace of the Force. Jedi Guardians are needed to prevent the spread of evil, but it is the Jedi Consulars who uphold the central precepts of the Jedi Code.

The Consulars seek diplomatic measures in spreading peace and harmony throughout the galaxy. Refraining from drawing their light-sabers (many Consulars wielded a green bladed light-saber) except as a measure of last resort, Consulars spend a great deal of time studying the mysteries of the Force.

Concentrating on mental refinement through study and meditation, Consulars seek to perfect the art of diplomacy and mediation, hoping to calm a tense situation or mend hurt feelings through civil discourse, reasoning, and parley, rather than drawing their light-

sabers and cutting down an attacker.

Profound skill with the Force is the mark of a Jedi Consular. The greatest Healers, Seers, Prophets and Researchers have come from the ranks of the Jedi Consular. Consulars can be outstanding fighters if pushed, but are more likely to rely on Force talents.

Paths:
Seer
Healer
Researcher
Diplomat

From the pages of the Jedi path

I think might help tojo out if we have paths, past knights
However, he is the catch you have to make Knight or have the rank of knight first off

I have wonder about this for a while now since I have come on the board...

here is a video

to better show you what I mean

One of my joys in my own Jedi ism is the word syncretism. The ... freedom I use to read learn gain receive anything I choose and use it any way I see fit to better my self and grow. The all myth as I call it . Movies are myths written by people as are books and stories to get our attention for the sake of a ... simple idea. We use the work ...like... to help us better understand something that we often can't. Makes it tangible and touchable and easyer in my opinion to understand AND ... use . No use in knowing all this greatness and never using it . ( my own opinion) there are a few ideas that seem fake and fiction... yet ....... here I am and here we are . Happy seeking as one said seek happy day for happy knights ! Lol pun intended ! Seek and you will most ceartainly find . My inbox is open always !!

www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy
Assoc. Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clerg...769-the-block#255108
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC, Kobos

More
07 Oct 2017 19:48 #303374 by FTPC
FTPC replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes
why not set up some ranks on TOJO for those three types of classes and 12 sub Classes and start in 2018 perhaps?
why I mean is tojo could have the new Ranks at the start of 2018?

Joined 14 January 2015 16:03 guest - Friday 24, 2015, member Saturday 1/27/2015.Novice -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
07 Oct 2017 20:01 - 07 Oct 2017 20:09 #303375 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes

FTPC wrote: why not set up some ranks on TOJO for those three types of classes and 12 sub Classes and start in 2018 perhaps?

I think the real question is why would we start this class system? Is there a point to it? In the end, if its a Path determined by the Force then how can it be properly determined, or will it be people just choosing their class?

EDIT: Also, do we really have the numbers to be able to support a class system?

TM: Zenchi
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal I Sabre IVlog ~
Last Edit: 07 Oct 2017 20:09 by Arisaig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios, Avalon, Goken, Atticus, Kobos

More
07 Oct 2017 20:09 - 07 Oct 2017 20:23 #303377 by MadHatter
MadHatter replied the topic: TOJO and Jedi Classes

FTPC wrote: why not set up some ranks on TOJO for those three types of classes and 12 sub Classes and start in 2018 perhaps?

I have no issue working on these as training programs but making them ranks just seems like adding bells and whistles where there is no need for them. The focused training makes sense and can count towards point totals for various things. But to make them badges eh idk. I mean even the Jedi order of fiction did not make these things a big deal. There were only two addressed ranks after Padawan which were Knight and Master.

The rest of it was just so you knew who specialized in what. Which is why I agree with making it like classes people can take for growth but not with making it a rank. I mean if we really wanted we make avatar pics or something if people are proud of completing such classes but outside of that I just dont see the point of making them ranks. Other than ego which is not really a good reason to create titles in my opinion.

Knight of the Order/Youth Officer/IP Team lead.
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Aqua
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last Edit: 07 Oct 2017 20:23 by MadHatter. Reason: Hatter was distracted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, Lykeios, Avalon, Goken, jzen, FTPC, Atticus, Kobos, Arisaig