Ask me spiritually anything

More
17 Jan 2018 23:00 #312458 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Kyrin Wyldstar replied the topic: Ask me spiritually anything

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:
He's our Associate Pastor, so he can and should supply these kinds of answers.

I would be careful not to put him or anyone else on this sort of pedestal. The clergy here are not meant as a buffer layer between you and The Force. You have direct access to The Force and thus direct access to the answers to any questions here, just as any other. Don't take that from yourself.

Looked like a simple answer to me, did you leave something out while editing? Lots of assumptions being made, perhaps read twice before jumping to conclusions...

Maybe you should look a little deeper. Its not so simple and I jumped to no conclusions, just offered caution. And even if you, as a knight, are aware of protocol, I find its always better to clearly communicate intent rather than just assume everyone else just knows. ;)

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.

My IP Journal: Kyrin-IP
My AP Journal: Kyrin-AP
My Jedaii Journal: Kyrin-Jedaii
Apprentice to: Formely:Alan / Currently:Kamikeedi Temple of the Jedaii and Senan

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2018 00:23 #312464 by Zenchi
Zenchi replied the topic: Ask me spiritually anything

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

I would be careful not to put him or anyone else on this sort of pedestal. The clergy here are not meant as a buffer layer between you and The Force. You have direct access to The Force and thus direct access to the answers to any questions here, just as any other. Don't take that from yourself.

Looked like a simple answer to me, did you leave something out while editing? Lots of assumptions being made, perhaps read twice before jumping to conclusions...

Maybe you should look a little deeper. Its not so simple and I jumped to no conclusions, just offered caution. And even if you, as a knight, are aware of protocol, I find its always better to clearly communicate intent rather than just assume everyone else just knows. ;)

Thanks for the clarification sir...

"My word is my Honor, and my Honor is my life" ~ Sturm Brightblade

“Hypocrisy is the audacity to preach integrity from a den of corruption.”
-Wes Fesler

Apprentices: Arisaig Avalon
TM- RyuJin

I am not the Librarian, but if you need help with the Library, pm me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyrin Wyldstar

More
18 Jan 2018 00:55 #312465 by Senan
Senan replied the topic: Ask me spiritually anything
I see the intention of this thread similar to the intentions of my doctor. I have an illness and he doesn't. I have a direct connection with the disease that he doesn't, but I still ask him a lot of questions because he has experience and training I don't and speaks from a perspective that is valuable to me. I also have a direct connection to the Force, but Carlos has different experience and training that give him a perspective different than mine. Valuing that perspective does not require me to put him on a pedestal. In fact, I can ask him a question and then decide his answer is complete hogwash. I'm just glad he offered me the opportunity to ask.

Speaking of questions, back to the point of this thread.

My question is similar to OB1's. When seeking to build people up spiritually and always remain positive, how do you address someone who is constantly behaving poorly, being dishonest, or simply just plain ol' evil? Is there ever a time to give up on someone or give them a good smack down? I struggle with where that line is myself.

per fraternitate consurgamus
Knight | Councillor | Security Officer
Apprentices: vladucard , ThomasFaulkner , Kyrin Wyldstar
Knight Journal | Seminary Journal | Senan's Health Journey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Atticus, thomaswfaulkner, Twigga

More
18 Jan 2018 02:05 #312469 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: Ask me spiritually anything

OB1Shinobi wrote: Hi Carlos. You are known for saying "build up, dont tear down" and from what ive seen never indicate to anyone that they could be wrong about anything or that they might be lacking or falling short in any important (or even unimportant) way. To me, this seems like a superficial "feel-good" conceptualization of what it means to "build someone up", but im open to learning more about your perspective.

Ive been lead to believe that in orfer to be built up, a person has to recognize where they are weak or what theyre doing wrong (or just could he doing better, if you prefer). What do you think of that, and Is there a way to reconcile these two ideas (of building people up but also being honest with them about their weaknesses).
This is a serious question.
Thank you.

Thank you for your serious question.
Why build others? Why build yourself ? Who has the right to tell anynome anything on this matter .? The answer is simple ... only you.
Our faith as Jedi- our beliefs our practices are a collection. When i personally say build up not tear down there are a number of reasons. Jedi often have this tendency to judge and try to "put down" to build themselfs up. This is often a common practice in life. This is how we are influenced or taught and it gets into our religion our family our thoughts our friends and our happiness. The are of the "selfless" has so many difrent shades. My idea and my personal mission here is to build .. but build what ? If you sit next to me in real life you will find tea or coffe and a whole lot of REAL encouragment. (ask kobos) In real life we are difrent . In Jedi ism we are difrent .we have to be. You can say this seems superfishal as do most and do nothing with it ,or you can begin to apply it to your every day practice and speech and intentions. The idea is this - the connection NOT the right or wrong . The connection is what I seek never the attachment of blame or side or light or dark. It may make me more vulnerable and a easyer target to those who seek harm and nothing more but to that one that needs to hear ... it's ok to be you ... that's the reason for it . To that one that needs to hear ... you are you as I am me and it's ok to be you the way YOU want . That means the change of life right there . That's the rubber and the road. Some may view building others as a feel good sermon but to that one person who likes ice cream and books on their own subjects - this gives them the spark of the human potential . This fans their flame - though it differs from mine . I can do that because I care not of the color or height or even consistency of the flame . With all the wisdoms and knowledge we share here does it makes us cynical and retreat from the comections or does it draw us further to our own personal goals?
To give the freedoms I have in my faith to others is my goal. Does your faith have freedoms? Does your practice create what you ask it for? Can it ? Does it build? These are questions eveynone will answer different . Feel good is not the idea but rather a open minded ness to include rather than tolerate . To add to . This is my own practice. I won't make it a goal for any one else but me. I can share it and pass it and even say you can change it to fit your own needs. Go figure . A faith and a freedoms that you can do that with - welcome to Jedi ism - one of many versions.

www.templeofthejediorder.org/contact-clergy

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Twigga

More
18 Jan 2018 02:23 #312470 by Carlos.Martinez3
My question is similar to OB1's. When seeking to build people up spiritually and always remain positive, how do you address someone who is constantly behaving poorly, being dishonest, or simply just plain ol' evil? Is there ever a time to give up on someone or give them a good smack down? I struggle with where that line is myself.[/quote]

Thank you brother for the question!
Remaining positive is a personal choice. Your peramiters are set by you. It's a character choice.
I personally have met people I want to emulate. Character wise . It's this quest for character I think every one should take and review for themselfs. And and and even deeper is to study how to receive that said desired character. Each of us have ideas and thought wishes hope desires how we would like to "act". Have you ever met a lover you're heart says " ide like to love like that ? " I met a person .. with my own two eyes - who stood when their love, their significant other left the table or even entered the room. Blew my mind. What a love and form of respect I had never seen displayed. My search and study lead me to begin to ( as I call it) bring my Texan back. In that - one of my practices is .... tah dahh --- when my wife comes in or sits at a table I stand. She's told me on several occasions how this makes her feel inside and out and I myself find my trek deepening as far as that search is concerned. Crude example but fitting. When do you stop ? When do you default? Do you know the answers to these questions for yourself? I have mine . In the search for the character I even met a few new tricks. I met folks who when be fronted with opposition plant ... love and joy in their speech. I've met others who leave encouragment in every word. Damm talk about the color of their saber ! Yea ... seek the character you wish to be. Make the desision to not ask do I but start to ask the how will I. This changes things for the real people also the real questions.
How will you act when this happens - when your good is met with evil intentions? What will you do? What can be done ? How can you Chamge the color of your light saber? I promise you it's possible! I encourage you to continue to seek and ask and find . It's thru the action that we gain it's in the seek that we truly find !

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twigga

More
18 Jan 2018 02:27 #312471 by Carlos.Martinez3

Arisaig wrote:

Streen wrote: I apologize if what I am about to say sounds rude, but who are you to answer any and all spiritual questions?

Shouldn't this be a team effort? No single person has all the answers. We all have a piece of the puzzle. Different images and colors to form a larger picture. A mosaic.

So again, I ask, why you?

Secondly, he never said he'd provide answers. This is a place where you can ask them and perhaps he can point you in the right direction, perhaps someone passing through can also assist. This is a place for help, not just answers. ;) Nothing says he has to be the only one answering.

Any one can encourage
Anyone can build individuals
Any one can be selfless
anyone can say they are
Not many ... do
Please feel free to ask anything . I take no part in quibbeling or arguing but make the attempt to encourage . If that's what you seek ... your in the right place !

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Twigga

More
18 Jan 2018 02:34 #312473 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

I am human . When I itch I scratch. When I'm sad I cry. When I'm happy I laugh. I believe in Jedi ism as a potential for EVERY human. The human potential is what the colors of our world can be. We are the colors that make the world . We can... I choose my colors to be bright as some choose dark grey or even mixed. It is this idea that I will always strive ... you can seek and you can find . You as a human have the right to seek that which you desire. I make it a point to never tell anynome what to do... not my cup of tea. I pass - there are plenty who want that label. What I give here is the ability to encourage you as some one has encouraged me thru our faith ( Jedi ism) to find yourself out . Even better - once you've found yourself out to build yourself up too. Even though your not like me and I'm not like you. That's ok ! I choose my form of selfless and I choose to tell all the same thing. Go seek... go make you - go find you and be you . Try . It's ok. Ask - Seek - find . Please do! If you need encouragment along the way... you will find me here !

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twigga

More
19 Jan 2018 19:36 #312624 by Carlos.Martinez3

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum
Attachments:

More
20 Jan 2018 15:31 #312705 by Carlos.Martinez3
Bump

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum

More
21 Jan 2018 01:11 #312739 by Twigga
Twigga replied the topic: Ask me spiritually anything
Hey Carlos,

I saw this (very short) comic at Bikey Face: bikeyface.com/2015/12/10/see-the-signs/

I wondered what you thought about this. Are signs useful, or not?