Guided Discussions: Month of August

More
02 Sep 2017 12:29 #300338 by Nakis
Nakis replied the topic: Guided Discussions: Month of August
I am unfortunately out of the house right now. College starting back up has thrown my life into chaos. I should be able to do discussions next week.

Licensed Clergy Person
Outreach Team
Master: JLSpinner
Come visit my garden !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2017 18:06 #300370 by FTPC
FTPC replied the topic: Guided Discussions: Month of August

very good discussion

Who was the 3rd person n the Chat
Alex was the left, and Nakis was on the right but who was down in the right corner of the video?

Joined 14 January 2015 16:03 guest - Friday 24, 2015, member Saturday 1/27/2015.Novice -

More
02 Sep 2017 19:02 #300375 by Arisaig
Arisaig replied the topic: Guided Discussions: Month of August
Nakis was bottom right of the screen, and twas I in the right side of the screen. ;P

TM: Zenchi
Holocrons: ~ IP I AP I Personal I Sabre IVlog ~

More
02 Sep 2017 19:26 - 02 Sep 2017 19:27 #300379 by Proteus
Proteus replied the topic: Guided Discussions: Month of August
I watched this, and it was nice.

I would like to put my spin on the understanding and wording on what discipline is. It is indeed learning, but it is a very particular kind of learning to me. I would describe it as "internalizing the reason one must do what they do as the means of making it second-nature", and that is a particularly personal level of truly learning it, otherwise, you're only rehashing something for a shallow surface-level reason which doesn't last. This actually binds motivation into the notion, because when one is able to believe in WHY one is doing something, THAT is what drives the automatic action to stick with it, or "endure". And that is precisely what is behind the idea of being a disciple of anything.

;)

"It seems that I know that I know.
What I would like to see is the 'I' that knows me when I know that I know that I know."
- Alan Watts
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2017 19:27 by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Arisaig

More
02 Sep 2017 20:56 #300389 by MarVinKra
MarVinKra replied the topic: Guided Discussions: Month of August

FTPC wrote: very good discussion

Who was the 3rd person n the Chat
Alex was the left, and Nakis was on the right but who was down in the right corner of the video?

That was me! Or more so, that was a picture of a muffin who is also me XD

This plane behind the visible, that we cannot see, remains without time. It provides the ebb and flow of life without us ever noticing it unless we submit ourselves to it and its teachings. It offers so much and it has always been there. It is the Force
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC, Arisaig