Topic-icon Team B - 100 Days of Discipline

14 Feb 2017 18:40 #276086 by Jamie Kay

jheitzenrater wrote:

Yes, I know I don't get here every day, or even every couple of days, lol. I 'm glad to see that we get here when we can to post on how everything is going. Keep up the good work everyone and stay the course. The days are just ticking away now :)

It's okay, it's been more than a couple days since I last checked in. But I'm still going strong, and I'm glad as well to see everyone else is too. :cheer:

The following user(s) said Thank You: jheitzenrater

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2017 03:15 #276259 by droberts4317

Checking in for the day! Still going strong whoop whoop! I'm finding that my meditative practice is evolving into a mindfulness activity even during my normal day. I'm finding that I do a lot of meditation all through out the day even before my allotted time during the evenings. :) just thought I would share cause I thought it was cool. Hope all is well with the rest of the team!

16 Feb 2017 13:10 #276278 by jheitzenrater

droberts4317 wrote:

Checking in for the day! Still going strong whoop whoop! I'm finding that my meditative practice is evolving into a mindfulness activity even during my normal day. I'm finding that I do a lot of meditation all through out the day even before my allotted time during the evenings. :) just thought I would share cause I thought it was cool. Hope all is well with the rest of the team!

I think this will be my next hundred day challenge. Still going strong here at 32 days in. I have more energy and I have felt my pace pick up :). I'm down from 12 minutes to about 9/mile :) Very happy with this progress. Keep up all the hard work everyone!

17 Feb 2017 17:10 #276419 by droberts4317

I think this will be my next hundred day challenge. Still going strong here at 32 days in. I have more energy and I have felt my pace pick up :). I'm down from 12 minutes to about 9/mile :) Very happy with this progress. Keep up all the hard work everyone![/quote]

I think your running challenge will be my next 100 day challenge! It would be a great way to get my butt in better shape and develop the discipline I used to have when I was in the service for running. LOL. That is awesome that your able to get your time down to 9 minutes! I bet by the end of this you'll have your time down to about 7 minutes or maybe less! Keep up that running for the both of us. lol.

Check in for myself for yesterday and today. Still finding meditation to probably be the most relaxing and amazing part of my day. I have been branching out into different styles of meditation but I still find that my favorite thus far is just the no mind meditation. I have been combining some teachings from Thich Nhat Hahn into my practice as well when I have reached the point in meditation where I am simply in the moment. I enjoy his teachings because they teach you to not only be in the moment but to be grateful for it and to smile to it, for impermanence is the reminder that all things are beautiful now in this moment. Or at least that's my interpretation of it. :)

20 Feb 2017 03:06 #276577 by droberts4317

Checking in for the past couple days again. :)

20 Feb 2017 08:51 #276593 by jheitzenrater

Checking in!

The following user(s) said Thank You: droberts4317

21 Feb 2017 17:46 #276713 by droberts4317

Checking in for the day! Meditation is still going well. I've been leaning towards meditation techniques that Thich Nhat Hanh, has outlined in his book for bringing peace and happiness to the present moment. Something simple as that seems to be a very good way to almost create an aura of compassion that seems to be able to touch others around me. As silly as that sounds, recently I was able to really touch a friend of mines life, just by listening compassionately to him and being present with him. Being mindfully in the moment and actually listening to his issues. Even though nothing was solved per say, by just listening to him a lot of grief was sorted through and he felt much better afterword. Meditation, as simple as it may be, lately has been helping me not only touch my own inner self but understand and help others as well.

21 Feb 2017 18:57 #276716 by Jamie Kay

I regret to say that I failed in my 100 days over the weekend. Granted, I wasn't emotionally well (nor physically), but still, I neglected to write anything down, so that led to a few forgotten tasks. :(

I want to try again, but I think this time I'll do meditation because I've neglected that since October.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jheitzenrater, droberts4317

21 Feb 2017 23:53 #276739 by droberts4317

No worries! As long as your feeling better now, that is all that matters.:) Self care is very important, so if you forgot to write in the journal, it is what it is. Hopefully you don't beat yourself up over it. Growth is the way after all, or at least that's what Osho says! As long as you felt you grew a little, then that is what matters.

Meditation is pretty fun to do as a discipline and can make a huge difference in the way you work and operate in life, for the better of course, so I highly recommend it!

The following user(s) said Thank You: jheitzenrater, Jamie Kay

21 Feb 2017 23:57 #276740 by jheitzenrater

That's right Jamie, take care of yourself. We're going to support you with whatever effort you can muster :) When you ready to jump back in we'll still be here to support you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jamie Kay, droberts4317

Moderators: Desolous