Topic-icon Team C - 100 days of discipline

01 Jan 2016 20:39 #218009 by Edan

It won't be long before I go to bed...so I wanted to get something up even if we decide to use another platform to do this...

Team C
Rosalyn J
Zenchi
Tzb
MartaLina
Edan
Rick D
Jack.Troutman
Athena_Undomiel
Adi Vas

So anyway.. I'm checking in :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, tzb, Zenchi, Adi, Jack.Troutman, MartaLina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jan 2016 21:18 #218015 by Zenchi

Likewise, check!

"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." ~ Henry David Thoreau

“I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul... ~ Unknown

Master - Senior Knight RyuJin

My Journal
The Beacon | Aspire | Eye of the Storm

twitter.com/Zenchi1972

TOTJO Library - www.templeofthejediorder.org/library
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Exarchias, Jack.Troutman

01 Jan 2016 21:19 #218016 by tzb

Check.

01 Jan 2016 21:24 #218017 by MartaLina

check :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Exarchias, Jack.Troutman

01 Jan 2016 22:25 - 01 Jan 2016 22:30 #218027 by Adi

Preface
Though, in general, my health has vastly improved from a year ago, one nagging problem remains: I'm too sedentary. Without a job or much of a daily routine beyond my house, I need to get moving. Walking meditation was always one of my favourite means of meditating, but because I live in a cramped-but-busy neighbourhood without sidewalks, it's hard to do around here. But that shouldn't really stop me, should it?

So I've decided to walk 15-30 minutes a day - that is, 15-30 minutes a day just dedicated to walking, on top of any other walking I happen to do. It just happens that for Christmas I bought myself a Casio watch from Japan that functions somewhat like a Fitbit - it tracks one's steps as they walk, using calculations of one's height, weight and stride along with a built-in acceleration sensor. Additionally, it has a dedicated "exercise walk" mode for tracking dedicated walks (as opposed to walking whilst commuting or whatever.) This mode, when activated, counts the minutes and hours actually spent walking. If one stops moving, the clock stops. This is what I'll use to track myself.

Day 1/100
The park I would normally go walking in is still partially flooded from a recent deluge, so I walked in my neighbourhood. I didn't cover much distance and walked at a relatively leisurely speed. Today's results are here . I was so focused on just doing it that I didn't really let my mind wander much. I hope as I get into a routine, I can get back in the habit of actually meditating whilst walking. But just 16 minutes alone put me ahead of the past seven days (the graph, which updates at midnight, represents calories* spent; the display at the bottom also resets at midnight), which I've mostly spent in bed or playing video games.

This is exciting, and while this minor task for myself still has its challenges (I have to deal with moving house later this month, and with severe depression, any physical activity is tough), I'm really looking forward to the benefits that will come from it.

* kcal/kilocalories are equivalent to the calories you see on nutrition labels and the like.

Last Edit: 01 Jan 2016 22:30 by Adi.

02 Jan 2016 06:42 - 02 Jan 2016 06:42 #218120 by Rosalyn J

Checking in! Day 1 Complete

Last Edit: 02 Jan 2016 06:42 by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exarchias, Jack.Troutman

02 Jan 2016 08:03 #218131 by MartaLina

Rosalyn J wrote:

Checking in! Day 1 Complete

I thought we started half of januari :silly: , oh never mind i can still catch up haha

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

02 Jan 2016 14:20 - 02 Jan 2016 14:32 #218178 by Jack.Troutman

Checking in. Wrote in my journal yesterday and today as well. :cheer: First two days complete!

Last Edit: 02 Jan 2016 14:32 by Jack.Troutman.

02 Jan 2016 14:31 #218184 by Jack.Troutman

I would like to continue to use this format to keep track if possible. I work quite a few hours (60-70/week) and it is easier to log into here from my phone.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

02 Jan 2016 14:39 #218186 by Exarchias

I apologize for interrupting the discussion but may i ask what is this topic about?
Thank you! :)

Moderators: Desolous