Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by rugadd)
    • I am thankful for staying productive when I could have just as easily laid down in my bed and binged Arrow for 3 hours.
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Miss_Leah)
    • I think that the author of the article makes said it best when she said "Silence is always in your toolbox" It's not the ONLY tool, but one of many. If used for the appropriate task, it gives the best result. The challenge is not only in using silence, but using it in the correct context. I've had a very similar situation with a family member. She went on a rant, attacking me for a perceived slight to her daughter. In a single breath, she told me I was malicious, a bitch, socially inept, mean, cruel, pretentious, etc....) I responded with silence. When she finally blurted "I know you read my message, do you honestly have nothing to say for yourself?" I said "No, particularly not to someone who attacks my character" She sent one final message, but couldn't continue because I didn't engage her. I'm still trying to figure out how to resolve her anger with me. But until I do, silence is the way to not make it worse, or to cause her anger to spread to other family members (because they're prone to taking sides). On the other hand, I have another family member who perceives silence as resent/anger. So if there's bad feelings, the best way to deal with it is to talk it out with her. Silence is powerful. And with great power comes great responsibility ;)
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Quote: It's just from where I view things to get pleasure from suffering is quite literally the definition of sadistic, and I don't mean some fetish kink but the psychopathic kind. Agreed. I keep thinking, if I were there how would I stop this? My emotional side would end up in a Chinese prison I think. The rational part of my decision making cannot see a way to induce or even influence change for an entire culture in a way that result in quick response. I would do something to aid the ones in distress but what? And saying that there is nothing I can do because it is on the other side of the world is unacceptable… :unsure: As to those offended… They should be offended! And making the disturbing images go away because you are offend is as bad as doing nothing once you have witnessed a crime in action. That is the cowards path, to turn a blind eye and pretend it isn’t there just because it bothers you. :sick: I may not be able to save an animal from here, or stop the ones selling them to those that would torcher them; but, I can at least write a letter to an official expressing concern and pressing to have something done about it. That may not be much, but I figure it is better than turning a blind eye or pretending that because it is a part of another culture it’s okay. :pinch:
    • Very new to the Order and am wondering (Last post by Jestor)
    • I don't tell folks I'm: 1) Jedi 2) right-handed 3) omnivorous 4) not into cross-fit 5) get pedicures/manicures 6) have a broken tooth 7) have a bad knee 8) have three kids 9) broke my ankle when I was 15 10) ???? There is a long list of boring things bout me if anyone really cared to listen... Or more pointedly, if I cared to talk about myself... There is too much boring stuff to tell you about.me, id rather hear about you...
    • Islamic State, America, Russia and China. Let the ... (Last post by Adder)
    • Superficially, I think the problem in Russia and China is that too much 'stage-owned enterprise' has been shown historically to be unprofitable, stagnation of innovation, and leads to huge unproductive debt over time. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise While lots of things create debt, something has to be the engine of the economy. Ideally I think innovation and development represent the most useful direction of growth, so activity which promotes those things seems to fit into capitalism best at the moment.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Jour 87 Si seulement par la Volonté On pouvait faire appel à la Grâce, Quelle magique pourrait-on commander ! Mais, par cette commande Commettre une conjuration dans l'empire du Sens, Transposant vraie amour en haine Et vrai bien en mal... * If only by Will Could one call upon Grace, What magic one could command ! But, by that command Commit a conspiracy in the Empire of Sense, Transposing true love into hatred And true goodness into evil... Alexandre Orion 23 mai 2016
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • There is not a single argument you can make that will ever convince me that people owning guns is a good thing. We are not weapons and I am sick of reading about people shooting their own family, accidentally or otherwise... qz.com/688447/my-boyfriend-insisted-a-gu...shot-me-in-the-face/
    • What are you reading right now? (Last post by Kit)
    • Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher Re-reading this with a friend (his first time around) :D I'm looking forward to it! [image]
    • Additional holiday (Last post by Codama)
    • Word, I think adding the Holidays to the events calendar is Dope. And linking the google calendar to the phone is a great idea Jestor.

There are 157 visitors, 3 guests and 21 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Alethea Thompson, Jestor, J_Roz, Trisskar, Wescli Wardest, rugadd, Rosalyn J, Korvus, Tellahane, Mael, MadHatter, MartaLina, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, FAT, Codama, x57z12, stmac15, Diegogarciv, Walsh635211, CableSteele, OddityOfFates, whitedragon.

Follow Us