Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Brigit Goddess (Last post by MadHatter)
    • The Celtic dities are often mixed and go by many names. Here are a few links that might be of use: www.druidry.org/library/gods-goddesses/brigit www.druidry.org/library/gods-goddesses/brigid-survival-goddess en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid
    • My thoughts on this months reflection (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Ego Yet Humility This months reflection is ego yet humility. The first thing to do when reflecting on this to define the terms. Using the Merriam Webster dictionary we define ego as “ the opinion you have of yourself or self esteem” and humility is defined as “ the quality or state of not thinking you are better than other people : the quality or state of being humble”. Having defined these terms let us reflect on what the phrase means as a whole and how it applies to us as Jedi in particular. So looking at this phrase we can see that we can have ego but must temper it with humility. We can have high self esteem and a positive view of ourselves/our abilities without thinking that this makes us better as a person then other people. We can realize that we might be better AT something then others but that does not make us better then those without out talent. Its is a matter of balancing these two concepts so that one does not overwhelm the other. But why should we care if one over shines the other? Let us look at the dangers of this. If we have an over abundance of ego or in other words are egotistical we can try to take on more then we can chew and end up folding under the strain at the worst moments. Further it can lead to our discounting ideas and opinions from people we consider less then ourselves just because we are too proud to see the value of them. This forces us to learn the hard way. So what about the other side of the coin? What about having too much humility? What are the risks of that? If we are too humble then we might undervalue our thoughts, emotions, time, and well being. We might give too much of ourselves because we do not value our person enough to say no when we are over taxed. We might not speak up with a good idea because we don’t think its important enough. In short we might allow our own needs to be constantly put beneath others and risk becoming bitter and withdrawn. How does this apply to us particularly as Jedi? Well the entire code speaks to balance and lack of extremes be they good or bad. Too much of anything no matter how great it seems can be a bad thing. I personally love chocolate but too much is going to make you sick. So too can too much humility or ego poison the mind and spirit clouding perspective and making objective views next to impossible. Finally the most important reason to keep a balance is that we as Jedi are to recognize the sanctity of all life. So we cannot over value ourselves nor undervalue ourselves because all holds value in the connectivity of the living Force. Remember the true meat of a coin is not in the head nor in the tails but the metal between the two. So we see that the truly best perspectives are not in over abundance of ego nor humility but in a middle way between the two. To close let us look at a quote from the late Bruce Lee: “ Man should use his ego not be used by it or blinded by it”. This pretty much sums up how we should seek to view humility and ego. Tools to be used but dangerous if we are used by them.
    • Should jedi train in combat? (Last post by Arkayik)
    • Should a Jedi train in Combat...? The lion has size, speed, tooth and claw. The Viper speed and venomous fangs. Heck, the armadillo has full plate body-armour. So, how is it the feeble, hairless ape claims to dominate the earth's life-forms? Your brain.... Train your brain. If you determine combat is part of your brain-training, then so-be-it. You're not Obi-wan nor A Skywalker. Once you get past that, be the Jedi that's inside you, not someone else's Jedi....
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • I want someone to physically come to my house and punch me in the face if I ever consider being in a romantic relationship again. What a load of crap.

There are 137 visitors, 2 guests and 21 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jestor, ren, Trisskar, Lightstrider, Connor L., Avalonslight, tzb, Jonus, Korvus, Tellahane, MadHatter, Gwinn, Arthur H., Squint, Snowy Aftermath, robdegrey, David Hanowell, Golem, DanielBenYosef, Dalroth.

Follow Us