First LED saber

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50428 by
First LED saber was created by
With all the people posting photos of their lightsabers recently, I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. This is the first LED lightsaber I have constructed after much research and planning via www.thecustomsabershop.com.

Attachment saber1.jpg not found

Attachment saber2.jpg not found

Attachment saber3.jpg not found

Attachment saber4.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #50430 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: First LED saber
Good for you and nice job! :D

Monastic Order of Knights

More
12 years 2 months ago #50431 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Re: First LED saber
Given that it is an MHS saber, good work; turned out well indeed. I actually looked into the illuminated saber branch, too. But I'm afraid I'm rather going to order one entirely custom after a virtual model I made for I have too little skills to dare trying it myself and too great demands on quality and exclusivity...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 2 months ago #50455 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: First LED saber
nice work, oddly i just drew one that looks similar(i'm working on a portfolio of saber designs)

a few days ago i had some free time and my camera and photoshop, i took some pics of my current saber with most of the colors i can get from it(i haven't tried all the combinations yet) i used photoshop to combine the pics and make them a managable size...like yours my current saber is an mhs, but i did the leatherwork on the handle myself(thanks to a leather works kit my bro-in-law gave me)

Attachment saberhiltandcolors.jpg not found

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50457 by
Replied by on topic Re: First LED saber
Thanks for the compliments!

I actually had come up with the design shortly before Ryan at Random Sabers stopped taking orders almost 5 years ago. Tim was pretty easy to work with, and got the main hilt part custom machined at a relatively decent price for me. It's a 9" extension machined with the grooves from teh hilt style 4.

The part that took the most engineering was figuring out how to hide the wires between the battery pack and top of the crystal chamber. It's a pretty simple design and the LED is only one color, but not bad for a first attempt. I'd do the machining myself too, but I don't have the tools available to me.

Already working on a new design that's a bit more complex, and incorporates sound and possibly an exposed crystal chamber.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #54978 by
The Navy:

Your power level is showing =D.
Very nice, very simplistic, and to the point. All in all, not bad at all swabbo.
(I'm Army, I'm allowed to tease the navy guys =D )

Again, very well done, The simplicity of the hilt is kind of telling, I'm still trying to file out some of the more sharp edges on my hilt, but it is coming along just fine.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #55079 by
Wow, I had no idea something like this existed. I am going to have to get involved in the "saber scene". I'd love to build my own. Very nice.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #55081 by
These are awesome!
But that's coming from someone who gets excited about the $35 ones at Wal Mart so take that for what it's worth.

Nice work!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #55094 by
Replied by on topic First LED saber
I actually bought a couple of cheap lightsabers just so I could clip them to my belt loop. /dork

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58339 by
I like it :D, how did you come up with your saber design? did you go upon how it felt to you or did you base it off of a design which you had a fondness of?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi