Saber Flourish Gif

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229620 by
Replied by on topic Saber Flourish Gif

Jestor wrote: I am/was a martial artist and teacher, and have a pretty good base knowledge... :D

When blocking a strike, you hand does not strike and retract, but rather continues the forward momentum, in a circular motion so the hand is ready for the next strike...:)

I'm just talking...:)

As I said, looked good!

:)

I actually spent a great deal of time visualizing these paths and the most efficient path back to my opponent. Most of my amateur duels last less than five moves.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 1 month ago #229647 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Saber Flourish Gif

JLSpinner wrote: I actually spent a great deal of time visualizing these paths and the most efficient path back to my opponent. Most of my amateur duels last less than five moves.

yep...that....

i always aim for the quickest finish possible, i've pulled off a couple of 1 move and 2 move finishes, but the difference in skill levels was obvious....of course a lot can be said for speed and surprise

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229654 by

RyuJin wrote:

JLSpinner wrote: I actually spent a great deal of time visualizing these paths and the most efficient path back to my opponent. Most of my amateur duels last less than five moves.

yep...that....

i always aim for the quickest finish possible, i've pulled off a couple of 1 move and 2 move finishes, but the difference in skill levels was obvious....of course a lot can be said for speed and surprise

My biggest training focus was the parry. Once my blocks were instinctual I focused on carrying the momentum. I use what I call a defensive form 7. It's high energy, momentum heavy, and is fueled by emotion. The biggest difference is the intent of my form. I am to disarm or subdue.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 1 month ago #229656 by RyuJin
i was just reminded of a line that sort of fits my weapons sparring mentality....

"strike first, strike fast, no mercy" -cobra kai dojo, the karate kid (original)-

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229696 by
Very sith like combat mentality. If there is a place to use those emotions, its behind a light saber.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 1 month ago #229719 by RyuJin
i don't like to fight, but if i have to i aim to win...defeat is never an option... or as miyagi said "fighting never good, someone always get hurt, but if you must fight....win"

Quotes:

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229858 by
The "Art of War" comes to my mind just about now.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi