Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • White Knight Syndrome (Last post by JamesSand)
    • Don't tell me how to live :laugh: But seriously, outside the realm of hashtags and your social media of choice - all the white knighting and superman onsie-ing comes up to basically diddly. I have quiet friends, no social media, and limit my news to a few key areas and once my "cup is full" I stop pouring into it - As far as I see it - if it passes the time, go for gold spruiking issues you know nothing about, you'll only worry yourself into an early grave (or self-satisfy yourself into an unearned level of confidence). I'll sleep peacefully either way *dramatic spiritual cleansing breath* Okay okay - Worry not yourself on the actions of others and focus on your own areas of responsibility. Next time you want to rage out on an issue, read the desiderata and have a cup of tea.
    • Live Sermon August 31, 2016 9 p.m. GMT (Last post by Cayce)
    • Apologies for missing this, as most of our Sermons take place during my working hours. I'm sure it was great though, and I can't wait to read the posted version!
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Quote: I am incredibly rubbish at replying to people's PMs, emails, text messages etc. There must be a lot of people out there that think I'm pretty crap. This. Me. You have NO idea.
    • Simple Tai chi chuan Yang 8-positions (Last post by MrBruno)
    • For at last a year I train this style of tai chi and it help me balance my body and mind. I really want share it with you all. Feel free to share any coments.
    • Practical Jediism (Last post by J. K. Barger)
    • Pure awesomeness. This is the type of stuff I like seeing; personal explorations and relations back to the Jedi Path, and more specifically, the Force. Many power dialogues in the mouths of the many today testify the power of Ideas, Feelings, and Words, and with this subtle shift in wording, a whole new field of inquisition is opened for all Jedi to re-examine this relationship in terms of the Force. I hope to share something similar I have done with the Yogas of Naropa and the Bardo Thodol ;) Kudo's to Loudzoo, and thank you for sharing!!!
    • Mental Health Bullet Journal (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Hey everyone, Every week I do a live vlog and this week's topic was the Mental Health Bullet Journal which I thought would be relevant to the Temple. You can watch the video here: (link to Facebook) You can read the article I mention in the video here: Click Here.
    • Telekinesis? (Last post by Manu)
    • Quote: I've only just thought of something really cool. Pardon my rather infantile grasp of this for the purpose of illustration: I pick up my phone with my left hand, but I do more than that in the second it takes to physically do it. I decide (mind) I move muscles and joints (mind) I use the sense of touch (mind) So in reality I can move things with my mind :D Exactly! We tend to forget how magical our mind really is. :)
    • Momento Mori (Last post by Reacher)
    • As usual, Cabur, you express relevant, heartfelt topics with excellence and eloquence. To the readers: Quote: Memento mori ("remember that you have to die") is a Latin expression, originating from a practice common in Ancient Rome; as a general came back victorious from a battle, and during his parade ("Triumph") received compliments and honors from the crowd of citizens, he ran the risk of falling victim to haughtiness and delusions of grandeur; to avoid it, a slave stationed behind him would say "Respice post te. Hominem te memento" ( "Look after you [to the time after your death] and remember you're [only] a man."). It was then reused during the medieval period, it is also related to the ars moriendi ("The Art of Dying") and related literature. Memento mori has been an important part of ascetic disciplines as a means of perfecting the character by cultivating detachment and other virtues, and by turning the attention towards the immortality of the soul and the afterlife. In art, mementos mori are artistic or symbolic reminders of mortality. In the European Christian art context, "the expression... developed with the growth of Christianity, which emphasized Heaven, Hell, and salvation of the soul in the afterlife." Pulled from Wikipedia: Memento Mori: Remember That You Must Die
    • Book Club? (Last post by Jamie Kay)
    • Oh, that's certainly true. Thank you for pointing that out, Edan. We might just need to make it an optional read that can be done outside of regular sessions--maybe between two people or so. And thank you, Rosalyn, for the link! We can certainly draw upon that thread for suggestions. :)
    • Your Presidential Candidate Preference (Last post by Senan)
    • Presidential elections get all of the press, but the office of President of the United States doesn't really hold the power that people think it does anymore. Sure, the "finger on the nuclear trigger" is scary, but in more practical instances, the President can do very little without cooperation from his/her own party and at least some support from any opposition. In recent years, the President has basically just been a patsy that takes the blame anything that goes wrong while they are in office. The local election in your town, village or city is where you will see the direct impact of your vote. I digress... Back to the matter at hand. 1. I always vote, regardless of if it "actually matters" 2. I know about Johnson, but not enough to make a wise decision about him. 3. I have been a registered Democrat my whole adult life and have always voted for the Democratic candidate for President, but I have considered third party candidates before. 4. I don't like a lot of what Hillary has to offer, but I'm likely going to vote for her anyway. She's an evil I am familiar with.
    • Reminder: a 'Thank You' is not necessarily a 'Like... (Last post by Codex)
    • It is weird to say but I noticed that a spesific type of forum members, on the world wide web in general, finds post-hunting and weird 'trophies' (forum symbols, post rate, prestige, profile pimping, report button spamming, backseat modding, etc.) highly valuable in their online lifestyle. :ohmy: Some forums I visited over the years had massive law books on how to write posts and how to deal with these kind of things because of these problems. Thanking another for whatever the reason creates a feeling of involvement, that promotes and encourages. I find that the Temple forums are well balanced because not everything is explained in detail, including this button, it leaves room to be human and to think for yourself what it means. I really like that! :blush:
    • On Racism (Split Topic) (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: You're like the rest of us. I'm not, I put my pants on 2 legs at a time and hop into my shoes....or does everyone do that? :laugh: I lay down some times and wiggle in em just to make my boy laugh, does that count?
    • Bill Nye is getting a new TV Show! (Last post by SecondVariation)
    • Quote: While he holds several honorary doctorate degrees in the scientific community, his only real education is a mechanical engineering degree from Cornell. The "Bill Nye the Science Guy" moniker came from a reoccurring sketch comedy skit that he did for a local sketch comedy show here in Seattle (I miss Almost Live :( ). He's a funny guy, and can do some cool science parlor tricks, but he is no scientist. Can I ask what your definition of a scientist is?
    • Motivation/Insparation (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • In the morning the kids jumping on my chest or the dog licking my face :laugh: For the rest of the day it's pretty much a consistent and largely unconscious practice of asking "What would Obi-Wan* do now?" * or Florence Nightingale, or George Fox, or Thomas Young, or Valentino Rossi, or Kelly Slater or Bjorn Lomborg

There are 141 visitors, 4 guests and 32 members online (7  in chat): Br. John, Jestor, Manu, Blackbeltmitpen, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Lykeios, Brenna, Llama Su, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Namid, Codex, Atticus, Adi, Tellahane, MadHatter, Gwinn, Arthur H., Kyrin Wyldstar, JamesSand, josephbrotzman1997, Rex, FAT, Skylail, Leah Starspectre, Rahatha, Cro, Jutus, mannsy05, Massahiro.

Follow Us