Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Entropist)
    • Silence has also meant consent because to oppose injustice with reason demonstrated the injustice logically demands compensation for its wrongness. Apathy is often a sufferable condition of the injustice of a verbal attack because of the nature of the intent to overpower by greater force rather than by greater reason. There's need to prove the wrong of an injustice when there are onlookers to demonstrate the injustice is unconsented and wrong. Once the injustice is demonstrated as unconsented and wrong, everyone else knows what to do too. Then leave the situation unescalated.
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Entropist)
    • Quote: so if we want to ask the question "by what standard do we judge?" maybe it would help us to sort out the answer to that question, if we could clearly articulate 1: whether or not we really do find one particular form of suffering to be reprehensible, (the skinning alive) and the other (shooting with a bow and arrow for instance, in order to be eaten) to be justifiable and if so, 2: why? what are the differences in the situations where one is more or less tolerable than the other? what EXACTLY is it about the one that makes it intolerable? and why EXACTLY is the other acceptable? (for those who consider that it is acceptable) The answer here is definitely the level and need for suffering. Back in the famine of world wars, consuming for nutrition was to avoid resorting to canabalism or genocide. There are less sufferable methods of slaughter that decreases the level of torture and suffering.
    • Very new to the Order and am wondering (Last post by Jestor)
    • I don't tell folks I'm: 1) Jedi 2) right-handed 3) omnivorous 4) not into cross-fit 5) get pedicures/manicures 6) have a broken tooth 7) have a bad knee 8) have three kids 9) broke my ankle when I was 15 10) ???? There is a long list of boring things bout me if anyone really cared to listen... Or more pointedly, if I cared to talk about myself... There is too much boring stuff to tell you about.me, id rather hear about you...
    • Islamic State, America, Russia and China. Let the ... (Last post by Adder)
    • Superficially, I think the problem in Russia and China is that too much 'stage-owned enterprise' has been shown historically to be unprofitable, stagnation of innovation, and leads to huge unproductive debt over time. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise While lots of things create debt, something has to be the engine of the economy. Ideally I think innovation and development represent the most useful direction of growth, so activity which promotes those things seems to fit into capitalism best at the moment.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Jour 87 Si seulement par la Volonté On pouvait faire appel à la Grâce, Quelle magique pourrait-on commander ! Mais, par cette commande Commettre une conjuration dans l'empire du Sens, Transposant vraie amour en haine Et vrai bien en mal... * If only by Will Could one call upon Grace, What magic one could command ! But, by that command Commit a conspiracy in the Empire of Sense, Transposing true love into hatred And true goodness into evil... Alexandre Orion 23 mai 2016
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • There is not a single argument you can make that will ever convince me that people owning guns is a good thing. We are not weapons and I am sick of reading about people shooting their own family, accidentally or otherwise... qz.com/688447/my-boyfriend-insisted-a-gu...shot-me-in-the-face/
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • I am grateful for all the support from my wife and family while I have been pulling myself back together. I can walk short distances with my cane now; an exciting bit of progress.
    • What are you reading right now? (Last post by Kit)
    • Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher Re-reading this with a friend (his first time around) :D I'm looking forward to it! [image]
    • Additional holiday (Last post by Codama)
    • Word, I think adding the Holidays to the events calendar is Dope. And linking the google calendar to the phone is a great idea Jestor.

There are 130 visitors, 4 guests and 20 members online (2  in chat): Alethea Thompson, Firewolf, Jestor, Karn, Trisskar, Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, mdk, Korvus, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, MadHatter, Gwinn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, FAT, Codama, x57z12, stmac15, DanielBenYosef, Miss_Leah, CableSteele, YaYimaRealYedi, Albekl.

Follow Us